Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 10:02 AM

291 posts, read 611,005 times

Advertisements

So i was doing the usual today, getting some food in a nearby supermarket. I saw this pretty, timid looking girl while i was there but my instincts were telling me that she didnt look interested in me so i decided not to make a move on her. Anyways while walking back i crossed paths with this guy, he looked a bit rough- and as we were approaching i could feel him scowling at me and we locked eyes as we walked past eachother. I knew that he was still looking at me when i walked past him but my conscience was telling me to not look back. I was thinking- this guy is in a bad mood, he is looking for trouble...with anyone, so why do him a favour and give him what he wants. I seem to get this all the time, and i felt a little bit angry afterwards because i felt as though i had conceeded to him- i would like to think that maybe i did the right thing though because if he had it his way i would have got into a fight with him over something stupid.
Maybe it is just this country, or does this type of thing happen everywhere? because i never seem to see people like this while on vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 10:11 AM

968 posts, read 2,589,148 times
You should get your moneys worth from that Astro Glide then.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:17 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,766,608 times
You are in London,theres plenty of anti-social behavior and people who are..
Rather nasty.Was this gentlemen a Chav or similar type?

Old 01-30-2009, 10:23 AM

yeah, thuggish looking guy.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:26 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,481 times
Me too.......well not the girls part, but the guys. And maybe not as much as you, but I never seem to get into anything or feel/see this when on vacation, lol.

Last weekend in my hometown I was walking in a store and this BIG guy was in my way...no biggie, "excuse me", and he hesitated and finally moved. 3 mins later I go to walk out and my girl mentions something about being immature, I ask her what she means. The same guy said "F the Cubs" under his breath. I was wearing a Cubs jacket. I was confused because I heard nothing, and when I looked back, about 35 ft away this guy throws his hands up and says "Cmon fool handle it, lets go".
I simply laughed, gave him a thumbs up and walked away. To which he said "thats right, walk away you lil biatch". hahaha I never knew this place had so many undercover workers...they came like 6 deep and were gonna go ask him what's wrong. We left and went on to enjoy our night though. Kicker, this guy was holding his childrens hands while doing this. *shakes head* Helped prove the typical Mexican stereotype too, loser.

Some guys have major issues. I live in Los Angeles and lots of hispanic males are like this because they are macho. That is why any respectable latina doens't really like them.....needless to say he was mexican, my girl is mexican and I am white/spaniard.

You did the right thing...I have a big issue with fighting, and am diplomatic...almost anything can be talked about or let go IMO.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:34 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,766,608 times
I have had a few times where me & stranger could have went at it over..
Something stupid but i either got more aggressive and they backed down..
(Im a stocky guy) or just let it go.
Its almost never worth it.There are times when you should fight but those..
Times are rare.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:49 AM

Sometimes i get tempted to bite back.
I hate guys that are out with their girlfriend and they try to prove a point in front of them. Like this one time, i was at an arcade place with my brothers, and there was this paranoid guy sitting on a table with his girlfriend eating a kebab, giving me cold glares because he thought that i was looking at his girlfriend.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:55 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,481 times
lol yea I hate that too........esp the ones who act like that and their girl isn't pretty at all, but overweight and shrek like.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:57 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
Sometimes i get tempted to bite back.
I hate guys that are out with their girlfriend and they try to prove a point in front of them. Like this one time, i was at an arcade place with my brothers, and there was this paranoid guy sitting on a table with his girlfriend eating a kebab, giving me cold glares because he thought that i was looking at his girlfriend.

Something similar happened to me one time. The guy's girlfriend was checking me out in the open and he actually had the guts to come and ask me why was I looking at his girl. I told him flat out that she was the one giving me looks and if he didn't want guys to look at her, then he better put a bag over her head. He got pissed after this comment but he knew better to try to start something. Back then I used to wrestle and I was kind of buffed. lol

Old 01-30-2009, 11:47 AM

440 posts, read 1,682,315 times
Short d**k syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships