Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 07:26 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times

Advertisements

If you had taken time to notice how the girls acted around other boys your age, you would have noticed that you were not the only one getting tons of attention.

Girls like to flirt. It's what they do best at that age. Forget the past. You saw it from a mistaken angle. And please don't let it affect how you see females now. Some still think that being "female" means she has to flirt and charm the males. Others have grown up and make good companions. I suggest that you try to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 07:35 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eason View Post
Ok so from 6-12 grade a lot of girls used to chase me around and call me cute and say they liked me. And at the time I had an over-inflated view of myself so I wasn't 100% sure if they really liked me or were mocking me. Later I regretted not making a move when I supposedly had a chance with so many beautiful girls at such a young age. And I really hated college, because the whole hook-up culture, and I wasn't the center of attention any more. But recently I have come to take a very honest self-critical objectivist view of myself. And basically the only conclusion I can draw is that I'm now and have always been a retarded freak show. And so that has forced me to powefully reevaluate my past. ITs become quite clear that those girls certainly were just pretending to flirt with my in order to hurt me for being a freak. I used to think of girls as innocent, exploited powerless victims. But now I see how they used they're sexual power to hurt me personally. And its making me take a powerful reevaluation about my opinions on women.

But in one sense my self-realization has been a postivive. It has made me better able to swallow the bitter pill of my position in the social hierarchy. And it should put to bed any wishful thinking about the what-ifs , coulda beens, and missed opportunities of JRHS and HS.

Thoughts?
I think you're rewriting history and coming to some crazy conclusions. You're deflecting any personal responsibility you have for your current difficulties with girls onto some girls and the social dynamic in JHS/HS.

Keep doing that and your chances of the situation improving are zero to none.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:43 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
I started off offering advice too. The post is off the beam when you think about it...

A 6-12yr old girl that schemed a cruel prank on the OP for 7years? Really?

I think we have Phils first counseling patient.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:05 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I started off offering advice too. The post is off the beam when you think about it...

A 6-12yr old girl that schemed a cruel prank on the OP for 7years? Really?

I think we have Phils first counseling patient.
No, that was 6-12th grades. Still, I agree that we need sifuphil to the rescue. Also, the guy could be a troll, but the sad thing is that many people really are that nutty, and some normal people can get that way thru depression over a situation, so, hard to say.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:19 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Do people really sit down and think about the past like this?

Has Facebook brought back bad memories of the days we had in High School?

Talk about not having a life.

If someone contacted me from the past I would wonder why?

Moving on now... I would suggest the OP do the same.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:29 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
No, that was 6-12th grades. Still, I agree that we need sifuphil to the rescue. Also, the guy could be a troll, but the sad thing is that many people really are that nutty, and some normal people can get that way thru depression over a situation, so, hard to say.
For 7yrs ( starting in 6th grade) this girl was callculating and cruel pretending to like him? I dunno, perception seems to be "off".

Another poster brought that to my attention yesterday. So I did a quick post history.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,574 times
Quote:
Ok so from 6-12 grade a lot of girls used to chase me around and call me cute and say they liked me. And at the time I had an over-inflated view of myself so I wasn't 100% sure if they really liked me or were mocking me. Later I regretted not making a move when I supposedly had a chance with so many beautiful girls at such a young age. And I really hated college, because the whole hook-up culture, and I wasn't the center of attention any more. But recently I have come to take a very honest self-critical objectivist view of myself. And basically the only conclusion I can draw is that I'm now and have always been a retarded freak show. And so that has forced me to powefully reevaluate my past. ITs become quite clear that those girls certainly were just pretending to flirt with my in order to hurt me for being a freak. I used to think of girls as innocent, exploited powerless victims. But now I see how they used they're sexual power to hurt me personally. And its making me take a powerful reevaluation about my opinions on women.

But in one sense my self-realization has been a postivive. It has made me better able to swallow the bitter pill of my position in the social hierarchy. And it should put to bed any wishful thinking about the what-ifs , coulda beens, and missed opportunities of JRHS and HS.

Thoughts?
Many times, when acting a certain way towards a male doesn't produce the right results i.e, attraction, some females will re-write their own history to save face.

Maybe they felt rejected by you and so, as a way to preserve their dignity, they deny having ever liked you in the first place.

Ex-couples sometimes do that to each other.

They could just be hurt and not want to admit it.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:25 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
You have so many issues it's kind of hard to begin. You need to completely re-evaluate the way you think about women and yourself. With a proffessional's help. because when left to think about things by yourself, you come up with some crazy stuff. Overall women are neither helpless victims OR cruel pranksters. And although I think youre kinda crazy, I doubt you're "retarded" or a freak.

Wait, are you a troll?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:07 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
And?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:09 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times
Quote:

Thoughts?

Yeah grow-up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships