Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 07:50 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,833,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
J...

Think about it ...its actually financially better to get married or at least to live with another person and share expenses. People aren't getting married and for that matter many are living alone because they WANT TO.

Unless the USA "marriage penalty" in income taxation is eliminated, it actually is better for your take-home pay to live together and not marry. In the lower incomes it might be a wash. But once you get into the household gross of $75k & up, married couples take a tax hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 07:59 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
This is really nothing new. U.S. marriages have been going down for decades since feminism.

While there are a handful of women that would make good wives, overall marriage is a very dangerous venture for men.
While there are a handful of men that would make good husbands, overall marriage is a downer for women, ruins their health, and is basically a bunch of guys looking for the 'madonna *****' - someone who will be their second mommy but also a sex goddess/vixen.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:14 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
While there are a handful of men that would make good husbands, overall marriage is a downer for women, ruins their health, and is basically a bunch of guys looking for the 'madonna *****' - someone who will be their second mommy but also a sex goddess/vixen.
Why do we continue to do it other then provide a home for kidlets ?

It would be so much easier to keep seperate homes and go home at the end of the day. I guess it's cheaper when 2 live as roommates.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:19 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
I'm all for roommates with benefits.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:22 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I'm all for roommates with benefits.
Benefits and a good job. The perfect roommate.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:36 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Spot on for many of these guys, tho, I think there are a lot of men out there that make great mates. Perhaps there are only a handful that hangout on the net.

And I'm always amazed at how these guys think their chicken feed for salaries will have women crawling for them lol.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 10-23-2010 at 08:55 AM..

Old 10-23-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Spot on for many of these guys, tho, I think there are a lot of men out there that make great mates. Perhaps there are only a handful that hangout on the net.

Most of my friends have lovely men as husbands. I love these guys. They have good hearts and care deeply about their families. And yet still act like extra children around the house. I wonder if that's just considered normal.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:00 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Most of my friends have lovely men as husbands. I love these guys. They have good hearts and care deeply about their families. And yet still act like extra children around the house. I wonder if that's just considered normal.
I suppose there might be a level of silliness among men that women don't share. Maybe it is a matter of maturity. I have little doubt, tho, that a relationship between two women is vastly different from one between a man and a woman. I'm sure it's nice for you.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:34 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
Males have an overall lower life span than women.

Men don't want their wives to get fat and want regular sex everyweek, what's wrong with that?

Old 10-23-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I suppose there might be a level of silliness among men that women don't share. Maybe it is a matter of maturity. I have little doubt, tho, that a relationship between two women is vastly different from one between a man and a woman. I'm sure it's nice for you.
Oh, we're really silly at our house. Pranks. Fart jokes. Boobie grabs. We just don't bother with 'roles.' So the house will be clean (either one of us will do it). The food will be made (either one of us will do it). The laundry will be done.
No one has to carry the burden more than anyone else...with a few rare exceptions, I have not seen that AT ALL at any of my friends' homes. And these are marriages amongst 20 year-olds to 80 year-olds. All the women have the burden of the home regardless of if they work as well. That would so not fly with me. I make 6 to 7 times more money than my wife, but that doesn't mean I get to sit on my duff and she does all the cooking and cleaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships