Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 04:01 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times

Advertisements

Basically folks here's the problem. ALCOHOL IS A POISON. No Dr whose not working for the wine industry is going to disagree.

40 years ago there were ads on TV that four out of five Drs were recommending Camel Cigarrettes! Think about that! It was only 40 years ago!

240,000,000 people drink alcohol in the United States. The range is one sippers and I'm woosy, to people who hit such high BAL that Ripleys should be called! It's legal. During economic downturns, people drink a lot more! Buy stocks in beer companies right now! During these times people buy cheaper alcohol products and stay home more to drink.

One thing I'm possitive of is at the described frequancy, and level her boyfriend currently drinks, and consequance(meaning any trouble) level he has, HE IS NOT QUITTING ANYTIME SOON!

So everybody judging him, as a drunk, or just a partier is moot. He may be an alcoholic, it might take him 50 years to realize he is, if even.

I'm an alcoholic! Of a far lower bottom. But I don't fit snuggly into some peg. I drank daily to a stooper for 4 years, yet I hardly experianced "cravings". I saw no reason to quit, life sucked and I might as well go through it drunk, if I had to. So I needed to escape, in order to get me interested in quitting, I had to have hope it would be worth it. That's how the sunsabtchs got me, they promised if I followed their instructions life would get better, and they weren't lying.

Here's the one I want the young lady to ponder. I never, ever drank to just have a few. If I'm having one, I'm having enough to black out, to me, there is no other point of drinking other than to get drunk. I can't even comprehend people who drink a single beer and say, well thats enough for me. What are they, Les Nesman?

What concerns me is he sounds a little like me, 25 years ago. She sounds like you too. I really think back then she loved me. Now she hates my guts!

Oddly enough though, if she hates me so much, why is everybody saying he's just a more immature carbon copy of me? My replacement, that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 04:17 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotech View Post
If I hadn't become violent, never got a DUI, never even vomited from my "excessive drinking," and if this hasn't affected any other part of my life....
But if the OP is a part of his life, then it IS affecting a part of his life. Its affecting personal relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3divina View Post
But then again, you are Canadian.
Wow, I'm not even Canadian but I felt that. How is insulting someone who was giving an opinion and advice helping you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post

The dude is sitting in his house and drinking once a week. He is hurting nobody.
Except he's hurting his relationship, (well at least it was presented that way in the begining...but now the OP seems to be retracting and denying there is a problem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconversant View Post

He's hurting his relationship. When he drinks like that he's not just shutting himself down, he's shutting her out.
^^^
That.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:51 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
Quote:
He's not addicted to alcohol. He can go without it and be fine. He's currently unemployed (was laid off recently) and is looking for a new job, but hasn't had much luck. I think he just gets drunk because he has nothing better to do right now. And he's not drunk every single day, more like one day out of the week every couple of weeks. I know I said once a week, but I don't remember. Maybe I should start documenting the dates when he's drunk.
It's spelled E-N-A-B-L-E-R.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:46 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Wow, I'm not even Canadian but I felt that. How is insulting someone who was giving an opinion and advice helping you?

That comment was directed towards me. I've given up trying to help the OP. I have no tolerance for people who post threads asking for help and then resort to juvenile, infantile insults because they can't refute the point that I made. She's upset because I called her out on her denial. That's all. She's living with a lazy alcoholic who has nothing better to do with his time then get drunk and pass out.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:30 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

My boyfriend likes to get drunk about once a week. He does this in our apartment, with no one there except the two of us. I don't like this because he gets drunk to the point of falling on the floor and passing out, and can't remember conversations or have a coherent conversation with me. I've told him my thoughts on his drunken state, and he considers it an "imperfection" and tells me, "everybody has flaws." I know I have flaws, we all do, but I see his drunken behavior as more than just an "imperfection." How do I tell him this? Or am I being too hard on him?
Sounds like he's a binge drinker.

We women always trying to fix someone. Why, oh why.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 10-22-2010 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 11-09-2010, 12:19 PM

736 posts, read 1,695,130 times
Well he hasn't been pissy drunk since I made this thread, I'd like to have a positive attitude about this but I'm still wary...

Old 11-09-2010, 12:27 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Sounds like he's a binge drinker.

We women always trying to fix someone. Why, oh why.
Because;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JLztfosqik

Old 02-08-2012, 06:19 PM

I just wanted to update and say sorry for throwing insults at people and the boyfriend doesn't drink anymore - at all.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:20 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,767,307 times
I dont really think its a big deal if its just a once a week kind of thing (assuming he is not a particularly mean or abusive drunk)

If its a once a week at home thing, who really cares? Go read a book or use your laptop in the other room or something if you sense he is getting a bit too loopy to spend enjoyable time with.

I would go as far as to say if you are gonna get plastered like this, its better to do at home or with very close friends then out at a party or a bar where people you dont really know are going to be at.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 PM

And in which of those two places is it better to black out in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships