U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 PM

7,916 posts, read 17,756,770 times

Advertisements

Blondes, redheads and dark haired women are about equal in my book but I have to draw the line at bald headed women. I also have a problem with eyebrows that are drawn on instead of grown and at the other end of the spectrum I must admit that women with the hair of Yeti's are at the other end of the extreme and when I see them I tend to flee.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 05:01 PM

27,236 posts, read 44,072,278 times
I prefer Latinas--not many of them have blonde hair. Just saying.

Of course, I've only dated the one, but I'd still say I have a preference for dark hair...or perhaps I should say brunettes prefer me. Since I don't make the initial approach generally.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:02 PM

14,787 posts, read 15,520,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Seriously? I've never gotten that impression... I do come from a country with fewer blondes and wanna-be blondes, though, so I may be wrong.
Me either. I've never noticed it.

There's a mix here though.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:11 PM

22,769 posts, read 28,570,495 times
I kinda like them all.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:29 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,263,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Oh really, eh? Stop makin' me blush!

I swear I didn't look at your profile pic before making that post...pure coincidence...really

Old 10-19-2010, 05:29 PM

4,938 posts, read 7,327,694 times
I think people are attracted to their opposites. I find fair skinned blondes very attractive. The overly tanned blonde bombshell types don't do it for me though. Hair color is kind of a silly topic. If you are physically attractive, it doesn't matter what hair color you're sporting. I just like women who keep it natural.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:48 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 18,913,725 times
I'm not a guy but I do notice people and the women that make me do double-takes have long dark hair and usually pale skin. It's mysterious looking to me. Two of my favorite men--both dead -- happen to have preferred brunettes, Elvis and Michael Hutchence--although Michael ended up with a shady looking suicide blonde at the end.

Brunette men definitely turn my head.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 18,913,725 times
I just remembered something a male friend once told me; when he was in his flashy state, he preferred blondes. They were sexy, loud (not verbally but looks wise) and flashy. When his tastes changed to quiet-sensual, mysterious and elegant, he started noticing brunettes. Not a hard and fast rule he noted but largely true.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:29 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,392,159 times
I have been a streaked blonde for about five years. About one year ago, I changed my hair back to it's natural colour which is a very dark brown and I got very negative comments from men and women alike. I have fair skin, and I guess people just assumed that I was some type of natural blonde with streaks added in. Some people didn't believe me when I told them that I just wanted to change back to my natural colour to see if I like it. I realized after a couple of weeks that I really liked the blonde better, so I switched back. I was really surprised at the reaction of some people. I mean, it's hair right??

Old 10-19-2010, 07:09 PM

3,081 posts, read 3,474,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole111 View Post
Guys (and gals, of course, weigh in), when you go out to a club with your friends, do you notice blondes first? I'm going to guess the answer is yes, so, my next question: at what point do you notice the brunette "friend(s)"?

I've heard it said that guys practice on blondes and marry brunettes. Is this true??

Do you prefer blondes or brunettes (or girls with black hair or red hair)?

Basically, if a girl is young (20s), single, professional, and pretty and she has been blonde for years and she is thinking about going back to brown because it is easier to maintain, what should she worry about? Should she expect less attention? To be taken more seriously? Will guys approach more quickly because they think she's attainable or will they be reserved because they think the brunette is reserved?

(Also, assume the girl has long, straight hair if that is a factor). Thanks

I used to only date blondes(even married one, now divorced). That was until I met my current wife(redhead). Redheads ROCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships