U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 PM

12,576 posts, read 14,527,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Eh, there are some natural blondes after all! I was just wondering today about the blue eyes and dark hair of a new chick in my office and it turned out she was a natural blonde! Either she wanted to look unique as this is a somewhat rare combination or she got sick of the blond jokes and stereotypes...
Growing up blue eyed brunettes were a rarity but the combo seems more common now, but a really dark haired brunette w/blue eyes will grab my attention.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 09:35 PM

279 posts, read 939,654 times
I prefer brunettes over blondes. I wouldn't date anyone that dyed their hair to be blonde when they were previously a brunette, too fake for me.

I am happily married to a brunette.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:48 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,079,051 times
I find true blondes very attractive. Though redheads are very appealing. Some girls with orange dye hair seem to fascinate me as well. And bald chicks are a major rush.

I guess the only hair look I really dislike is two or more color dye jobs and spikes.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:56 PM

42,835 posts, read 83,867,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
but a really dark haired brunette w/blue eyes will grab my attention.
I know! Just like my life-long lust Alain Delon!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:04 PM

14,787 posts, read 15,587,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
There are some women that even purposely keep their roots dark and the rest of their hair light, so I've seen that "look" before.

I don't recall ever even seeing blonde roots on dark hair.
a-la Heather Locklear?

I am very dark brown (some people say black) and as a teenager I got the bright idea to try caramel highlights.... I looked like a tiger. That lasted about 2 hours before I put a semi-permanent straight over it.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:10 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,021,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
a-la Heather Locklear?

I am very dark brown (some people say black) and as a teenager I got the bright idea to try caramel highlights.... I looked like a tiger. That lasted about 2 hours before I put a semi-permanent straight over it.
I actually thought Heather Locklear was a natural blonde. I was thinking a-la Pamela Anderson.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:27 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,005,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I don't know one blonde that dyes their hair dark. That sounds like an incredible amount of maintenance.
She's a very maintenance oriented girl. Once I saw her without makeup and realized I never noticed she has no natural eyebrows and very few eyelashes.

It's jarring when her roots grow in but it looks kind of cool.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:45 PM

24,661 posts, read 36,519,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole111 View Post
Guys (and gals, of course, weigh in), when you go out to a club with your friends, do you notice blondes first? I'm going to guess the answer is yes, so, my next question: at what point do you notice the brunette "friend(s)"?

I've heard it said that guys practice on blondes and marry brunettes. Is this true??

Do you prefer blondes or brunettes (or girls with black hair or red hair)?

Basically, if a girl is young (20s), single, professional, and pretty and she has been blonde for years and she is thinking about going back to brown because it is easier to maintain, what should she worry about? Should she expect less attention? To be taken more seriously? Will guys approach more quickly because they think she's attainable or will they be reserved because they think the brunette is reserved?

(Also, assume the girl has long, straight hair if that is a factor). Thanks
I don't go to clubs, etc., or even chase women, but I certainly look at them.

The only preference I have is that they are female and attractive. That's it. The blonde/brunette thing (or the race/ethnic thing) does not even cross my mind.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:10 PM

12,975 posts, read 31,927,544 times
I think its just that blondes are easier to spot in a sea of people.

Me personally, I prefer brunettes. Always have and always will. Brunettes just look more attractive to me. Blondes always appear to not age very well compared to their brunette and red headed counterparts.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 PM

7,456 posts, read 12,564,844 times
I like blondes brunettes and redheads (in no particular order) highlights can look very good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships