U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 03:16 AM

14,788 posts, read 15,517,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I think a blond girl that is not naturally blond, is desperate, adventourous, often in trouble.
Natural blonds tend to be more self confident , but cautious
I think very dark haired girls tend to be cold ,and intollearant, picky.
Brown hair I don't know.
Red hair , self consciense, introverted.
Been atracted to red heads all my life, and I don't know why. they are sweet girls , but I'm just and idiot.
ther are no rules aboout hair and personality , but there are tendencies, because of social structure media, and old wives tales. I think we can choose to see things and make those things stand out because of our perspective and some things are built of one's parental perspective.
Red necks love bright shiney things, city people tend to choose the sophisticated obscurity shiney but dark and expensive.
being a california red neck i like every thing. and especially red hair for some reason !!!
clearly....

But I'm just cold, intolerant and picky ..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 03:56 AM

5,420 posts, read 8,563,726 times
I don't think it makes much of a diff when it comes to personality, but still. I prefer brunettes over blondes.. I dunno why. Only ever been attracted to one redhead but I don't want my kids to get the Ginger Curse.

The stereotypes are often there for a reason though- it seems that many blondes do in fact try to live up to the "blondes have more fun" thing and this can translate into a world of trouble for some.
Brunettes aren't squeaky clean though either

Old 10-20-2010, 04:35 AM

3,398 posts, read 4,816,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole111 View Post
Guys (and gals, of course, weigh in), when you go out to a club with your friends, do you notice blondes first? I'm going to guess the answer is yes, so, my next question: at what point do you notice the brunette "friend(s)"?

I've heard it said that guys practice on blondes and marry brunettes. Is this true??

Do you prefer blondes or brunettes (or girls with black hair or red hair)?

Basically, if a girl is young (20s), single, professional, and pretty and she has been blonde for years and she is thinking about going back to brown because it is easier to maintain, what should she worry about? Should she expect less attention? To be taken more seriously? Will guys approach more quickly because they think she's attainable or will they be reserved because they think the brunette is reserved?

(Also, assume the girl has long, straight hair if that is a factor). Thanks
I like blondes--natural blondes. My first crush was Terri M. when we were both in 4th grade.

My dad is blonde though so maybe that has something to do with it?

Old 10-20-2010, 05:04 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,475,250 times
I'm a natural blonde. I always tell people that it's the "bottle blondes" that give up a bad rep.

At the same time, I'm not above telling "blonde jokes"... but I'm picturing Chrissy Snow (Suzanne Somers on Three's Company, for those who are too young) when I say them. Except for when I goof up and have a "blonde moment".

Old 10-20-2010, 05:36 AM

3,430 posts, read 3,940,005 times
I also have light/ivory skin and dark brown hair eyes. I was thinking of going light brown but after reading this thread maybe I shouldn't.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 AM

7,005 posts, read 19,929,860 times
I prefer them...redheads.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:33 AM

25,906 posts, read 39,722,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
This blonde cop stops a blonde driver and asks for identification.
The blonde driver looks all around in her purse and can’t find her license. “I must have left it at home, officer.”
“Well, do you have any kind of identification on you?” asks the cop.
The blonde takes out a pocket mirror and says, “I do have this picture of me.”
“Let me see it,” says the cop. She holds up the mirror and looks in it. Then she says, “Sorry. If I had known you were a police officer, I wouldn’t have stopped you.”
LOL! Sorry I can't rep you again.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:36 AM

25,906 posts, read 39,722,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Yep, I'm one of those awesome dishwater blondes.
So was I but I eventually darkened to "mouse."

Old 10-20-2010, 08:38 AM

2,490 posts, read 4,068,855 times
I don't have a preference for hair color on women, any hair color is fine with me.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:47 AM

7,786 posts, read 15,467,516 times
I notice brunettes first (male or female) and the women that I tend to find attractive are usually brunettes as well.

My husband has a thing for blondes and he can't help but turn his head for them. Doesn't matter if they're attractive or not. I felt that they caught his attention so much that I even dyed my hair blond (well, more like stripped my hair blond. ) It was so not me. I'm far more happier as a brunette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships