Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 04:27 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,026 times

Advertisements

[quote=Childfree35;16348273]
Quote:

Nope. I'm doing well in the man department, hon.

I didn't say, he was private. I said, it was inappropriate. We women are always staking claims. I wanna leave a message. How about we post a pic. When the guy says no, then he's cheating. He's a loser. It's so many women with hurt emotions, because you can't post comments or he won't friend you. Get over it.

That's his page. He doesn't need to put her on "his" page. He posted a pic of his new hair cut...SO WHAT. Again, it's his page.

Dating is dating. She's not his wife.

I could careless, if a guy didn't post my pic on his wall. You know why. I'm not gonna post his azz on my wall. Now what, every time I get a new man his pic is posted. No. You don't start it, then you don't have to end it.
So if you were out with a boyfriend of one year, and you were enjoying dinner together in public, and you reached for his hand, and he said not to touch him in public, would you be OK with that also?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 04:32 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
they have been dating a YEAR. and you have still not addressed, at all, what the point of your contention is. you are simply saying that this chick has security issues, and not addressing at all the fact that her boyfriend's behavior is legitimately questionable. i don't see how leaving a comment on a photo is staking a claim.
and what does your last paragraph even mean? punctuation please.
your second paragraph doesn't make sense in this context either. her original point was that he was complaining about her leaving comments on his photo. again, i will ask you, if he didn't want comments on his photo then why have the photo up in the first place? it doesn't make sense. its like someone putting a billboard up of themselves on sunset blvd and then complaining that people are staring at it.
anyway, i think the majority of us are saying dump him, and i think the majority of us are right.
So what a year. We women always think, because we are in a certain point in a relationship the man should be as well.

Why is she watching and checking out his page? Why would you want to? What's going on in a woman's life, where we NEED to know everything about our BOYFRIEND. Not your hubs, but your bf. Pay attention to your own page. Get your own business.

My point is, it's his page. He can allow whomever and whatever HE wants. Point blank.

Men and women don't have to or need to share everything.

It's been several misguided women on this board crying "he won't friend me" or "he deleted me" "I can't see everything on his page". I can't recall a guy stating this garbage. This is why men sit and laugh at us. We can be so stupid.

As far as you guys thinking you are right. Great. This is a free thinking board. You and I can disagree. You know what, we do.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:40 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Eh, I can see his point. I don't like any of those public website displays either
I can see SOME of his point. My BF is on my FB, but he rarely goes on himself ( I think he has 3 friends, including me. ) and he never posts a single word. I have a lot of pictures of us posted, and he enjoys seeing them, but I don't put any sappy stuff on there. I think he'd wonder what I was on, if I did. Just seems a little immature to post that stuff.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:43 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post

So if you were out with a boyfriend of one year, and you were enjoying dinner together in public, and you reached for his hand, and he said not to touch him in public, would you be OK with that also?
Yes, it would bother me. He and I would have a discussing about it as well. Now, I know where I stand. We would probably continue seeing each other, but I would distance myself. I would probably see others. Not sure.

After a year, if he's not invested into the relationship why would you.

My point was and will continue. There isn't a need to share everything with a person. This is boy/girl friend or hubs/wife.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:52 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,326 times
yes, disagreement is the privilege of a free world. and women and men don't need to share everything. that much i do agree with.
but i don't see how this fits in this context. you seem like a pretty strong willed chick, and i doubt very seriously if you would accept this behavior without feeling its a bit of a red flag. she didn't say she was watching his page. she was not complaining about something silly. it would, yes, be very silly if in the context of a healthy relationship she were to get upset about his not wanting overly intimate comments on his FB photos. totally. just as i realized that posting a photo of me and my new boyfriend together on my myspace years ago left him feeling a bit weird about it. he was the sort who didn't have a myspace for anything other than his music, and didn't like having a personal internet prescence. and i totally understood that. we had only been dating a couple months, and we were together two years, so i didn't make a big deal out of it, and if i had, then i would be fairly silly.
but that isn't what is going on here, from the sounds of it. there are red flags all over the place. none of these things are happening in a vacuum. they are happening in a certain context. one complaint over a photo comment does not a red flag make. but pair that with a creepy insistence that she not hang out with his friends because "she is too hot" or "talks too much about something that matters to her" kind of makes him sound like he is up to something no good. i ask you- if a man was trying to deny to someone that he was seeing anyone, would not he act just like this? would he not want her to delete her comments? would he not avoid having her go out with his friends? would he not compartmentalize his life so that other, shady doings not bleed over into other parts of his life? how else would a man act who was cheating or otherwise poised for cheating?
and this girl is studying to be a lawyer. doesn't sound like the type who just sits and watches "Housewives of Crap City" all day long while buffing her nails in between panicking over what her boyfriend is doing on his FB page.
granted, i am NOT a fan of the sort of "sex in the city" manbashing that modern culture has deemed appropriate for women. nor do i spend my days thinking about jimmy choos and talking about vibrators. in fact, women in general sometimes get on my nerves for these reasons. "men are pigs" is as inappropriate as saying all women are bi$#ches. they are sweeping statements, and like all sweeping statements, never universally true.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
yes, disagreement is the privilege of a free world. and women and men don't need to share everything. that much i do agree with.
but i don't see how this fits in this context. you seem like a pretty strong willed chick, and i doubt very seriously if you would accept this behavior without feeling its a bit of a red flag. she didn't say she was watching his page. .
I don't believe in that "sex in the city" labeling crap . Women have been behaving in that matter for years. Long before SITC begin. My girlfriends and I have always talked about relationships, men, sex, finance, current events and politics. Whatever the topic.

Yes, if my man of a year isn't introducing me to his friends, yes we have a problem. She knows what to do. If the fbing isn't the only thing bothering her. She knows what to do. My girlfriend had that problem with her ex. She didn't talk about the relationship until he broke it off. She's boohoo over a guy showing signs all along. His problem was the interracial thing.

You know what, if I'm studying to become a lawyer I have bigger fish to fry, then some loser guy.

I'm not saying I have all the answers, but I've been through one failed marriage and I've learned several things about men.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:43 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,326 times
i use Sex in the City as a shorthand for the sort of idea that the media has about what women do in their free time. if you watch television it seems that women should spend all their time shopping for shoes, eating yogurt bars, doing yoga and dishing with the galpals. for once i would like to see a breakfast commercial that shows a woman sliding out from under her van after changing her oil, roping some steer, and THEN settling down to a bowl of whathaveyou. but i'm a dreamer.
women do fuss over their relationships in a way that men don't, but blame evolution and our ovaries for that. its one of those hardwired annoyances. yes, we can make an evolutionary leap, but some things will always plague us, and putting our relationships under a microscope will probably be one thing we have a hard time overcoming.
and i don't think she was quite ready to make the leap- i think forums like this are a great way of getting the perspective of complete strangers. sometimes, when one has a problem, you just need to type it out, have some other people pump you up a little so you don't think you are insane, and THEN go for it.
and incidentally, love is always an achilles heel, even for the most powerful, together women out there. how many losers has madonna dated? look at pete dougherty and kate moss?

Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
i use Sex in the City as a shorthand for the sort of idea that the media has about what women do in their free time. if you watch television it seems that women should spend all their time shopping for shoes, eating yogurt bars, doing yoga and dishing with the galpals. for once i would like to see a breakfast commercial that shows a woman sliding out from under her van after changing her oil, roping some steer, and THEN settling down to a bowl of whathaveyou. but i'm a dreamer.?
HAHA, dream on sister. She can sit down to a huge steak, fries and beer.

We will always sit and talk about nothing in commercials. In the kitchen or with a kid or with a lazy hubs. Wow.

Must of us have fallen a time or two. I know I have. All we can do is learn from it.

If we are honest with ourselves, we don't listen to our inner voice. We always listen to the heart. It takes a while, but we get there. Some of us.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller1985 View Post
I met them before - we broke up once and after we got back together, he just hangs out with his friends by himself. He usually leaves me at home when he sees his friends, I've only seen maybe 2 of his friends for the past 6 months. He said that's because I only want to talk about my "lawyer ****" and nothing else, so he doesn't feel comfortable bring me anymore.
It sounds like after he broke up with you he is keeping it that way by hiding you from his friends. He wants no posting of you both on there.

His friends think you don't exist.

Now as for privacy. I loathe when ppl mention private things on there or create drama so I can understand.

Just for info : What does his status say on his page ? In a relationship ? Single ?

Thats my gut feeling. I could be wrong.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:22 PM

571 posts, read 1,302,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller1985 View Post
I feel like he wants to maintain 2 separate lives -his life with the rest of the world; and his life with me.
If you suspect something, it's probably true. Actually, not "probably," more like entirely. If it's not true, it's at least bad enough that you are fretting about it. Shut it down. Now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships