Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:38 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,669,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
Update with this hot mess- I sent my first correspondance concerning the children via email to the attorney as my ex had requested. I attached the email from my ex that stated I should not contact via mail,text, phone call etc and that ALL correspondence should be via his attorney. This is what I get back from the attonerney-"You need to communicate with your ex concerning your children, I am not his answering service". umm sounds like attorney & client aren't exactly on the same page.
Not sure wether to communicate with ex and disobey his request or send communication to attorney as requested, relinquishing responsiblity if he does not relay this info to my ex.
My ex did call me at work the other day but was remind he should have his attorney call me and then got hung up on.
Aside from that all is wel l& peaceful. Kids doing great.
Well obviously he hasn't retained this attorney so there's no point continuing to communicate through him.

If there are continued problems with child support or visitation then go back to Family Court and let a judge sort it out. In the meantime, strictly adhere to the terms of the agreement already reached and, if you need to talk to your ex about anything then call him (and accept his calls) in a business-like fashion. Hanging up on him is perpetuating the childish nonsense particularly when it's obvious he doesn't have any attorney. You can always remind him in a letter that he specifically asked you to deal with him through his attorney and tell him that you followed this course of action but that the attorney indicated by his response that he's not in fact been retained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 10:09 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
If and when he hires and attorney for you to communicate with you will receive a letter from the ATTORNEY to that effect and remind him of that as you communicate on a need to basis.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:18 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,669,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
If and when he hires and attorney for you to communicate with you will receive a letter from the ATTORNEY to that effect and remind him of that as you communicate on a need to basis.
Exactly and I think she was told that several posts ago ...

Old 10-28-2010, 01:32 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,601,809 times
Document everything. After each phone call, text or email. Back it up on a memory stick.
If you go to court, documents mean everything. Here say is dis-regarded.

Slander is not slander if it is the truth.

slan·der (slndr)
n.
1. Law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:47 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Exactly and I think she was told that several posts ago ...

Yeah, that would be page 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships