Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 09:34 PM

67 posts, read 116,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballniket View Post
Nah, I haven't.
Then you should. I don't think you'd be a virgin for much longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 05:07 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
Wow. Do people in the real world really think like most of you?

I really need to stay off the Internet.
Depressing isn't it. One can only assume from one's relationships in the real world that many of the strangely unnerving thoughts that litter this forum really aren't typical of the norm.

But then there are people who's whole social life revolves around the internet and forumspeak.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:25 PM

701 posts, read 800,479 times
35 yr old virgin here, and most people that meet me are surprised that I have never had a serious relationship. I am shy and that certainly doesn't help with meeting women, but I really do seam to have the worst luck when I do finally meet someone or pursue someone. I think that there is a bit of a societal double-standard especially when dealing with male virgins vs female virgins, but either way, as much as people would like to say that it shouldn't matter, mainstream media/society says otherwise. Just look at the movie "40 year old virgin" what was everyones reaction to that character, and more recently, a character on Grey's Anatomy revealed that she was a virgin only to get immediate and blatant ridicule from her peers. I am not going to lie, the older someone gets without experiencing a serious relationship, the more it can jack with ones self-esteem, especially if the lack of relationship has not been by choice.

As far as sex being a right/entitlement? That is rather absurd. Anything involving intimacy with another human being is nothing but the greatest privilege on earth. A privilege which is greatly abused by many in todays society.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:39 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
?????
I dont think there really is a cutoff point. Some people take a vow of chastity and wait until they are married (I could NEVER do that) Some people may not get married until theyre well into their 40s or 50s...if they dont lose their virginity until then...who the hell cares? Some may die as virgins....so what...its not our business whether theyre having sex or not, if they want to be virgins and "stay pure" thats their choice, we shouldnt worry whether they're a real life Steve Carrell or not

This is a stupid thread "At what age is the cutoff point for a man or woman to be a virgin?" What is this high school?

I quote Dr Phil
Quote:
GET REAL!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:12 PM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
35 yr old virgin here, and most people that meet me are surprised that I have never had a serious relationship. I am shy and that certainly doesn't help with meeting women, but I really do seam to have the worst luck when I do finally meet someone or pursue someone. I think that there is a bit of a societal double-standard especially when dealing with male virgins vs female virgins, but either way, as much as people would like to say that it shouldn't matter, mainstream media/society says otherwise. Just look at the movie "40 year old virgin" what was everyones reaction to that character, and more recently, a character on Grey's Anatomy revealed that she was a virgin only to get immediate and blatant ridicule from her peers. I am not going to lie, the older someone gets without experiencing a serious relationship, the more it can jack with ones self-esteem, especially if the lack of relationship has not been by choice.

As far as sex being a right/entitlement? That is rather absurd. Anything involving intimacy with another human being is nothing but the greatest privilege on earth. A privilege which is greatly abused by many in todays society.
Good post

Old 10-27-2010, 03:24 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,770 times
Quote:
but either way, as much as people would like to say that it shouldn't matter, mainstream media/society says otherwise. Just look at the movie "40 year old virgin" what was everyones reaction to that character, and more recently, a character on Grey's Anatomy revealed that she was a virgin only to get immediate and blatant ridicule from her peers. I am not going to lie, the older someone gets without experiencing a serious relationship, the more it can jack with ones self-esteem, especially if the lack of relationship has not been by choice.
My point exactly. These people acting like what I'm pointing out doesn't exist like really, where do these people live. It's like this whole entire forum is a complete counterculture of the real world.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:31 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
What business is it of ours to decide the virginity of another person? That is between themself and their convictions.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:32 PM

67 posts, read 116,333 times
Then stop being part of the herd. Why do you care about what other people think of you? Are they going to make you rich? Famous? Are they going to shower you with gifts? Do you need them? If they don't give you anything; don't waste time with them.

Look, we live in a (worldwide) society that promotes men and women to cheat on each other, that allows teenagers to have sex, women to have abortions - and in some Countries the taxpayer pays for it - catch stds and we live in world that sees men and women getting the shaft but no one does anything about it.

Do you honestly care about people who have no morals and ethics?

Old 10-27-2010, 03:42 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,459,637 times
Quote:

Go use that line on some chick and you probably won't be a virgin anymore.

GIFSoup

Old 10-27-2010, 03:50 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMoon View Post
Then stop being part of the herd. Why do you care about what other people think of you? Are they going to make you rich? Famous? Are they going to shower you with gifts? Do you need them? If they don't give you anything; don't waste time with them.

Look, we live in a (worldwide) society that promotes men and women to cheat on each other, that allows teenagers to have sex, women to have abortions - and in some Countries the taxpayer pays for it - catch stds and we live in world that sees men and women getting the shaft but no one does anything about it.

Do you honestly care about people who have no morals and ethics?
I hear you but that's not the point. I don't want to be virgin, I'm one not by choice, I don't feel that my late bloomer status should be held against me by anyone to the point where I'm made to be ashamed of who I am by other people or less than a man by others. I also feel I shouldn't have people questioning me on whether i'm a virgin or not for whatever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships