Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 01:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
In her post she said that he gave her a list of stuff that needed to be done asap....basically telling her he wants he to do it. He is just hoping he can ease her into paying half his morgtage eventually is all....first it will be 100....then 100 more...then 200 more....etc etc.
She should just say no. Too bad, so sad. Besides, what is he going to do about it? Force her? The only concern here is the dog.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:11 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
She should just say no. Too bad, so sad. Besides, what is he going to do about it? Force her? The only concern here is the dog.
I agree i wouldn't do it .

Old 10-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller1985 View Post
When I was about to finish school (but before I got a job) I was broke - I mean, I literally only had few hundred dollars in my pocket and that was it. He was leaving the country at that time, so he said I could move in to his house to save the money on rent. He wanted to charge me $100/month initially, but I said I really don't have much money left.

So right after I moved in we started to have lots of fights - I had lots of furnitures, he wouldn't let me put them inside of his house and insisted me throwing them away. When I tried to clean up some space he got mad because I "touched" HIS stuff w/o permission. Three days later after I terminated my old lease and moved in, he broke up with me and asked me to move out. I told him I just spent money moving and really had nowhere to go, he didn't care and insisted me moving out.

I slept over at a friend's place for couple of days, then he changed his mind and let me in again.

Now he knows I'm making good money, so he thinks I should pay for everything since I'm still getting free rent, and he was "the one who provided me with a roof when I had no money whatsoever".
To be honest he sounds like a bit of a tool, and not worth your time. How about you tell him you will pay him once you are done deducting the furniture he made your throw away .

Old 10-24-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I used to do in home dogsitting for people. If I took care of someone's house and dog for a year at my standard rate, they would owe me $12,775. I'd say she's more than doing him a favor there. That said, it sounds like the dog would be better off in another home. Its owner leaves for a year and it is being left alone for 15 hours a day by someone who hates it?

OP, I personally don't understand why you would want to stay in a relationship like this, but it's not my place to tell you to dump him.
I agree i would dump him as well as he sounds like a real jerk.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:23 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
I got really upset because I thought I was helping him by taking care of his house, now it seems like he think I'm supposed to contribute money and service as a payment of rent.
Quote:
He'll be gone for more than 1 year though, and he keeps telling me he could have rented his house out with all the furnitures and stuff inside, but he wanted me to stay in so that I can save my money on rent.

If you do not want to give something back in exchange for free room, then move out and pay a landlord rent.

Somehow, I doubt that will be appealing to you. Giving something back is never appealing to mooches.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
If you do not want to give something back in exchange for free room, then move out and pay a landlord rent.

Somehow, I doubt that will be appealing to you. Giving back never is when someone is a mooch.
Ummm did you read her post? She is repairing his house,maintaining his house, and watching his dog while he is away for a year. Is that not giving something back?

Old 10-24-2010, 02:31 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Wait a second here.....

You are living there, putting money into his old place to repair, plus taking car of his dog, which is tearing sh*t up?

I guess we would be broke up then, because I would be gone in a heart beat! You would think that he would appreciate you fixin` his old junky place up, while he is gone. Let alone gripin` about you paying rent. WTH?

Old 10-24-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

She should be offering to do it in exchange for not having to pay rent to a landlord!

Crikey, I love my C-D peeps, but I feel a lot of you are way off on this. Yes, it's his house, and if something is a big repair (like the cesspool needs to be replaced or something), then yes, he should know that it's his responsibility as an investment in his property's resale value to get it fixed. He couldn't very well expect a paying tenant to pay for it, so he shouldn't expect his girlfriend to pay for it.

But she works full-time and is probably saving a WAD of cash not having to pay rent somewhere. It wouldn't kill her to take care of a dog and paint a dang room or two.

Jaysus, my SO's ex-girlfriend was a dang houseplant who didn't even have a job, and she did more than that around his house when he let her live with him.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:33 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
I can provide one piece of advice: You're never going to last a year in a long distance relationship if you keep arguing and fighting over this.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Ummm did you read her post? She is repairing his house,maintaining his house, and watching his dog while he is away for a year. Is that not giving something back?
It is.

The point is that she's COMPLAINING about it.

Again, if she doesn't want to do it, she can move out and pay a landlord.

Her whole tone reeks of someone who is resentful because she actually has to give something back in exchange for the living space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships