Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:42 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
That's a good idea, but it won't work because SHE would have to work on it, too, and she already said she hates the dog.

Honestly, the dog is the only one I feel sorry for in this situation. I don't know why anyone would date someone when they hate that person's pet.
True. She would have to work with the dog, and that would require a commitment on her part. Lotsa luck, there.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:47 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post
The dog doesn't need obedience classes. It's being a DOG. A dog who is bored, lonely, and can't go to the toilet for 15 hours.
This DOG is learning bad behaviors. Yes, it is bored, lonely, and can't go to the toilet for 15 hours. I SAID that it was CRUEL of her to leave it in a CRATE all DAY like THAT.

However if the DOG is tearing things up when it's OUT of its CRATE, then the DOG needs to be TRAINED because the DOG will continue to BEHAVE that WAY regardless of its SITUATION.

Okay? Being that you like to use CAPS to make your somewhat redundant POINT more OBNOXIOUS to READ.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Yes, and that's why I think the best thing for the dog would be to find it a new home. Obedience classes are for the human to learn how to train the dog. She said she hates the dog, so I'm pretty sure she wouldn't put forth any effort.

The only one I feel sorry for in this situation is the dog. I'm not going to apologize for being a bleeding animal-lover heart.
This thread was mainly about humans, in case some haven't noticed!

Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
This thread was mainly about humans, in case some haven't noticed!
I noticed. I don't feel sorry for either human in this case. They made their choices.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 PM

41 posts, read 63,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
She should be offering to do it in exchange for not having to pay rent to a landlord!

Crikey, I love my C-D peeps, but I feel a lot of you are way off on this. Yes, it's his house, and if something is a big repair (like the cesspool needs to be replaced or something), then yes, he should know that it's his responsibility as an investment in his property's resale value to get it fixed. He couldn't very well expect a paying tenant to pay for it, so he shouldn't expect his girlfriend to pay for it.

But she works full-time and is probably saving a WAD of cash not having to pay rent somewhere. It wouldn't kill her to take care of a dog and paint a dang room or two.

Jaysus, my SO's ex-girlfriend was a dang houseplant who didn't even have a job, and she did more than that around his house when he let her live with him.
The house is 50 miles away from my work place, with the money I spent on gas and the house - I could get an apartment near my work place easily. I'm not saving money at all.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
I noticed. I don't feel sorry for either human in this case. They made their choices.
Yep. Bottom line they both benefited from the arrangement. Shes there because she had no place to live.

He asked her to come back to have someone to take care of his house and dog.

I don't believe in having pets unless you're going to take care of them, its cruel.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
If she trashed her furniture that's her own foolishness. She could have sold it or donated it (and gotten the tax write-off). If there was no room in his house, there was no room. Was she supposed to store it on the roof?

The only thing that strikes me as toolish on his part is that he broke up with her three days after she moved in. That's the mark of an ahole. But she chose to stay with him.

Again, if she doesn't want to do what he's asking, she can move out and pay a landlord. It's really just that simple.
There were too many assumptions made by you
1) rent here is cheap - $500/month for 1-bed apt is enough
2) His house has enough space for my furnitures
3) when you were totally broke and had to move out of your apt because you couldn't afford rent anymore, and one person offered you (not your furnitures) a place to stay, you wouldn't have enough time to sell the furnitures.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I've been thinking about doing that in my own home. I suck using the brush. Did you find any issues with fumes? How do you ventilate and what about over spray?

...see what you started

I helped a painter friend, a few times, when his helper had to go out of town. We used water based Latex paint.

Ask at the paint store what breathing mask you should use. If you have any breathing problems, ask your doctor.

For overspray, cover or remove the furniture,etc. Use old sheets or dropcloth to cover the floors,etc. Mask off trim,etc that need be protected, or different color. Open windows for ventilation, & use Fans if needed.

Mostly i was painting on the outside. The airless sprayer saved us a lot of time. You can rent the sprayers from some paint stores. It's best to have the Help of someone that has used one. We also had to do some brushwork in different areas cutting in areas of poor coverage.

ENjoY, Darlin'!!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller1985 View Post
There were too many assumptions made by you
1) rent here is cheap - $500/month for 1-bed apt is enough
2) His house has enough space for my furnitures
3) when you were totally broke and had to move out of your apt because you couldn't afford rent anymore, and one person offered you (not your furnitures) a place to stay, you wouldn't have enough time to sell the furnitures.

Not to be rude, whats the point in splitting hairs over details with posters. We get the jist of it. You've been offered some good advice. Have you made any plans?

Old 10-25-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I believe the guy sounds like a jerk too. Not from the current arrangement but from what he did to you previously.

I don't understand the asap necessity of fixing cracks and painting if he's suppose to be gone a year. Is he planning on throwing you out again and renting it now?

In this arrangement, I wouldn't mind spending $100 a month and no more and painting at my leisure. I wouldn't fix anything that the dog was prone to destroy again and I'd keep him locked up in a room while gone. I wouldn't do any major repairs and I also wouldn't tell him how much I was making either. Sounds to me like you'll be breaking up when he comes home anyway so save up money while you can.
The fact that he tried to throw me out when he clearly knew I had nowhere to go makes me feel uncertain about this relationship whenever I think about it. But at the end of the day, he did let me stay for free for a while, so if I just move out I'd feel guilty.

But like what you said - I want to save my money instead of investing in his house, cuz he might just throw me out again when he comes back. It's his property, no matter how much I invested in it, I could be kicked out at any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.