Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 02:29 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times

Advertisements

too bad the relationship didn't work out ..When direspect from one partner to another comes into play,I'd guess the game was over...when you meet someone ,be real, and if that persons for you, she/he will not try to change you..,stay true to yourself above all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 04:00 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,334,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna10 View Post
I was just reading a thread from a man complaining that his wife railed on him for not helping her carry heavy laundry up the stairs. He said, she didn't ask for help. He didn't pause the movie they were watching or help her with the laundry and she clobbered him for it. And he seemed so stunned about this.

The thing men don't realize, is by the time the words are coming out of a woman's mouth, the fire is stoked and she's about at a full tilt of anger. And here's why..

I keep reading about how men are not mind readers, and they "don't know" they should be affectionate. And they "don't know" they should compliment their wives or gfs. And they "need to be told" what women want and need.

The thing is, they didn't need to be told any of that in the beginning. They didn't need to be asked for attention, affection, compliments, making love, dates, notes, calls for no reason, gifts for no occasion, massages, any of that stuff.

Yet, the burden falls on the woman's shoulders to TELL him to do all of that stuff now that they've been together for years. Or even months.

Is it just me or is that the biggest load of steaming crap ever written?

Many of you were shocked when I wrote that men will take advantage of a woman who is good to them. Or if they ask for the date, or pay their way. I got lashed for saying that. But, here it is, right in our forums. Women hurt, sad, even devastated and considering leaving men who take advantage of them. I'm not talking about the good, loving men in good, loving realtionships ok, I'm talking about the myriads of lazy, comfortable, spoiled men who no longer appreciate what their women do for them. And then come here and talk about how they need to be mind readers. Is it me or is there a distinct lack of logic there?

Here's another reason I feel this way: I compliment my man. I grab the opportunity to hug him when he's standing up, which is rare. I want to help him on a project, even if it's holding the flashlight. I want to hear about what happened at work today, and help solve a problem he had. I want to cook for him, please him, stroke his hair, rub his shoulders, sex him up, and the like. I want to tell him how good he smells, how smart that decision was, how well he handled the contractors, all of it. Its like that stuff pours out of me because I love him.

Nothing pours out of him, though. I have to pry it out. Why?

Did he really not notice any of the things I've done? From improving my appearance, the accomplishments I've had, the weight I lost, the ideas I've had, all down the drain, right? Because I didn't tell him to notice first, right? I have to preface what I say and do with "Honey pay attention, I'm about to do something I need you to compliment." BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!

He never complimented my cooking (and it was good). He never appreciated sex. Never complimented my hair, clothes, fragrance, never appreciated anything. Except when he had to, like in an argument, or to diffuse one. The day he suspected me of knowing about his adult friend finder profile, he came home from work and looked at me and said "wow, nice hair! Nice lipstick color, is that new? Great eyes. Are they new shoes?" Makes me want to hurl when I think about it.

They know exactly what we need, and exactly what we want. They just hold it like aces up their sleeves to use when they need to. Not when we want it or need it, only when they decide to use it.

Relationships are torture for the one who loves more than the other. I guess I'm guilty of that. I guess he figured out that I loved him to no end and he took fulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll advantage of that. God it makes me so sick to hear these men bellyache and whine about they "don't know what to do." I'd bet the farm they know exactly what to do and say, they just don't do it until they have to.
You tell it sister.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:18 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,998,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna10 View Post
I was just reading a thread from a man complaining that his wife railed on him for not helping her carry heavy laundry up the stairs. He said, she didn't ask for help. He didn't pause the movie they were watching or help her with the laundry and she clobbered him for it. And he seemed so stunned about this.

The thing men don't realize, is by the time the words are coming out of a woman's mouth, the fire is stoked and she's about at a full tilt of anger. And here's why..

I keep reading about how men are not mind readers, and they "don't know" they should be affectionate. And they "don't know" they should compliment their wives or gfs. And they "need to be told" what women want and need.

The thing is, they didn't need to be told any of that in the beginning. They didn't need to be asked for attention, affection, compliments, making love, dates, notes, calls for no reason, gifts for no occasion, massages, any of that stuff.

Yet, the burden falls on the woman's shoulders to TELL him to do all of that stuff now that they've been together for years. Or even months.

Is it just me or is that the biggest load of steaming crap ever written?

Many of you were shocked when I wrote that men will take advantage of a woman who is good to them. Or if they ask for the date, or pay their way. I got lashed for saying that. But, here it is, right in our forums. Women hurt, sad, even devastated and considering leaving men who take advantage of them. I'm not talking about the good, loving men in good, loving realtionships ok, I'm talking about the myriads of lazy, comfortable, spoiled men who no longer appreciate what their women do for them. And then come here and talk about how they need to be mind readers. Is it me or is there a distinct lack of logic there?

Here's another reason I feel this way: I compliment my man. I grab the opportunity to hug him when he's standing up, which is rare. I want to help him on a project, even if it's holding the flashlight. I want to hear about what happened at work today, and help solve a problem he had. I want to cook for him, please him, stroke his hair, rub his shoulders, sex him up, and the like. I want to tell him how good he smells, how smart that decision was, how well he handled the contractors, all of it. Its like that stuff pours out of me because I love him.

Nothing pours out of him, though. I have to pry it out. Why?

Did he really not notice any of the things I've done? From improving my appearance, the accomplishments I've had, the weight I lost, the ideas I've had, all down the drain, right? Because I didn't tell him to notice first, right? I have to preface what I say and do with "Honey pay attention, I'm about to do something I need you to compliment." BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!

He never complimented my cooking (and it was good). He never appreciated sex. Never complimented my hair, clothes, fragrance, never appreciated anything. Except when he had to, like in an argument, or to diffuse one. The day he suspected me of knowing about his adult friend finder profile, he came home from work and looked at me and said "wow, nice hair! Nice lipstick color, is that new? Great eyes. Are they new shoes?" Makes me want to hurl when I think about it.

They know exactly what we need, and exactly what we want. They just hold it like aces up their sleeves to use when they need to. Not when we want it or need it, only when they decide to use it.

Relationships are torture for the one who loves more than the other. I guess I'm guilty of that. I guess he figured out that I loved him to no end and he took fulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll advantage of that. God it makes me so sick to hear these men bellyache and whine about they "don't know what to do." I'd bet the farm they know exactly what to do and say, they just don't do it until they have to.
If I want him and he's happy to be with me, I'm happy. I don't expect compliments or help with anything--and if I need help, I know how to ask for it. So, when a compliment comes my way, I appreciate it all that much more, because it was unexpected. If I thought about these things all the time I'd probably be miserable. I just enjoy our time together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships