Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 10:52 AM

3,373 posts, read 9,154,192 times

Advertisements

I spent the night my girlfriends house (We've been dating 4 months). She had to wake up early in the morning and I ended up just sleeping and said I would leave later in the morning.

When I woke up and went downstairs to get my keys I found an extra key on my keychain; it was a key to her place.

I got all excited and realized this was a big deal. So for the next hour I was pretty excited until I talked with her. I told her thanks for the key. Then she said she needs that key back.

At first I thought she was joking but she wasn't she said she wasn't ready for that step yet.

For some reason this is affected me. I feel embarrassed that I got the wrong idea. And that I'm disappointed that she isn't ready for that yet.

Just the week before she was going on and on about how everybody has a key to her place.

Anyways...I realize there is nothing above with a question mark.

So, any advice?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 10:59 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,579,213 times
I wouldn`t loose to much sleep over this...
Just give it back to her and smile. Tell her that you went and had a copy made! (I kid)
Seriously though, I wouldn`t worry about it.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:14 AM

926 posts, read 2,738,897 times
yeah dont be upset over it- it is a step in the right direction!

you are actually where my ex used to be. He knew that at one point, many of my friends who used to crash at my place had keys to my house. I fly out every monday morning and my ex used to sleep in. In the begining I made him get up and leave with me, but one morning he looked so relaxed and resting, so I left the key by his keys. I actually wanted the key back when I returned, I was just doing it as a favor. But when I saw how excited he was that he got the key, I just let him keep it. It was the four month mark as well :-)

So your girlfriend and myself think along the same lines, I promise you- you will get the key very soon. I was planning on giving it to my ex like that next month or so later.

Good luck!

Old 10-24-2010, 11:20 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,841,062 times
I would be pretty miffed actually considering everyone has a key to her place but her bf doesn't?

Old 10-24-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I would be pretty miffed actually considering everyone has a key to her place but her bf doesn't?
I think that was a case of she didn't really think before she talked.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty lame though. Granted I'm different from her friends; I'm the boyfriend. I do get that.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:25 AM

751 posts, read 1,668,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
I spent the night my girlfriends house (We've been dating 4 months). She had to wake up early in the morning and I ended up just sleeping and said I would leave later in the morning.

When I woke up and went downstairs to get my keys I found an extra key on my keychain; it was a key to her place.

I got all excited and realized this was a big deal. So for the next hour I was pretty excited until I talked with her. I told her thanks for the key. Then she said she needs that key back.

At first I thought she was joking but she wasn't she said she wasn't ready for that step yet.

For some reason this is affected me. I feel embarrassed that I got the wrong idea. And that I'm disappointed that she isn't ready for that yet.

Just the week before she was going on and on about how everybody has a key to her place.

Anyways...I realize there is nothing above with a question mark.

So, any advice?

Thanks
Was there an discussion previously about you having a key to her place?

If she wasn't ready for that step yet then what was her other explaination for giving you the key or for taking her key back.

It makes no sense to me that first she gave you the key and then took it back.

If I wasn't ready for a relationship to go any further I sure as heck wouldn't give a man my key.To me that would be a decieving way to do things.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I think that was a case of she didn't really think before she talked.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty lame though. Granted I'm different from her friends; I'm the boyfriend. I do get that.

So, why does she want all her friends to have her key to her place anyway?
You haven`t been dating long enough to have one!

Old 10-24-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
Was there an discussion previously about you having a key to her place?

If she wasn't ready for that step yet then what was her other explaination for giving you the key or for taking her key back.

It makes no sense to me that first she gave you the key and then took it back.

If I wasn't ready for a relationship to go any further I sure as heck wouldn't give a man my key.To me that would be a decieving way to do things.
The only one given was she wasn't ready for that step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
So, why does she want all her friends to have her key to her place anyway?
You haven`t been dating long enough to have one!
I would say she listed 5 or 6 that have a key to her place. Maybe we haven't been dating long enough for that step.

But having that fact illustrated by giving me a key and then wanting it back hurts for some reason. It was much nicer when it was unsaid.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:

But having that fact illustrated by giving me a key and then wanting it back hurts for some reason. It was much nicer when it was unsaid.
Tell her that then when you give it back! "Whats up with you giving it to me, and then taking it away?"

Be on the look out for *head games*

Old 10-24-2010, 11:38 AM

751 posts, read 1,668,849 times
[quote=wankel7;16380360]The only one given was she wasn't ready for that step.

Then she shouldn't have gotten your hopes up by first putting a key on your keychain without your knowledge and without giving you further explaination.She gives everyone else a key but not you.That's wrong.I think I'd be getting out of that relationship if she values others more then you.

Thank god my b/f and I aren't this inconsiderate of one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships