Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 10:48 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
"Bad boy" is another phrase that seems to mean different things to different people. (Similar to what Chowhound was saying): Is a bad boy a guy who encourages you to play hookey from work so he can whisk you off on his motorcycle to a secluded speakeasy, and afterward there is some urgent, torrid making out in the parking lot? (Okay, I got carried away with "speakeasy.")

Or is he a guy who shows you absolutely no respect, uses you, screws you over six ways to Sunday, and then moves on to his next conquest?

Slight difference, to me.
Indeed. Love the pseudo bad boy, but not a bad-bad boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 10:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post

JerZ, maybe. I feel like women don't change till they're at least 30, and even then there's a good chance she'll just leave ya.
See? You're deciding ahead of time that no appropriate woman would want you and have a good relationship with you, so you're making incorrect assumptions (women definitely change during their 20s...so do men) and not even trying.

Because you haven't tried, you haven't had any success (obviously).

And then you're turning around and saying you haven't had success because women are bad and here's your proof: you haven't been successful.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Well, that's not really a great example. You never got a chance to show her you were a gentleman. Women rebuff men everyday, but you can't say it's because they don't like gentlemen. That's just a fact of life - you can't prove she did it because you were nice and the other guy was a jerk.
The guy who she kept talking to isn't a jerk, actually he's a pretty good dude. He just rejected her because he had someone.

OK. That wasn't a great shining wonderful example. It was the first one hat popped into my mind at the time.

And no, before anyone else thinks I was going after that woman, I wasn't. Again I did it because I'm a nice guy, not because I was looking to get her number.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:52 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
See? You're deciding ahead of time that no appropriate woman would want you and have a good relationship with you, so you're making incorrect assumptions (women definitely change during their 20s...so do men) and not even trying.

Because you haven't tried, you haven't had any success (obviously).

And then you're turning around and saying you haven't had success because women are bad and here's your proof: you haven't been successful.
If they liked men like myself then I wouldn't have the track record I have

I've met a bevy of women this past week and not a single thing has come out of any of those encounters. Bet you some knuckle-walking meathead has gotten quite a bit out of the same encounters however.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:53 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Nice Guy VS Bad Boy

by my mentor Cory Skyy. . . . . .

Nice Guy VS Bad Boy by Lifestyles Coach Cory Skyy - YouTube

Old 09-05-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
If they liked men like myself then I wouldn't have the track record I have
Really? By the way you've managed to keep yourself away from dates by refusing to date datable women based on obviously false assumptions, I have to think that even if women did like men "like yourself," you'd find some way to screw it up and then say women like jerks and knuckle-walkers.

Know what I think? I think you're just afraid of women, period. You are doing EVERYTHING in your power to keep them away from you while, on the surface, managing to convince yourself that there's nothing wrong with you, it's them.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:55 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
The guy who she kept talking to isn't a jerk, actually he's a pretty good dude. He just rejected her because he had someone.

OK. That wasn't a great shining wonderful example. It was the first one hat popped into my mind at the time.

And no, before anyone else thinks I was going after that woman, I wasn't. Again I did it because I'm a nice guy, not because I was looking to get her number.
Yeah, that didn't really prove the gentleman-hater theory.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Nice Guy VS Bad Boy

by my mentor Cory Skyy. . . . . .

Nice Guy VS Bad Boy by Lifestyles Coach Cory Skyy - YouTube
He's physically attractive. He's right, any guy who looks like him (minus the wardrobe, yikes) will get laid being an * sshole.

Do you look like this guy, and you're nice but women still won't sleep with you?

On the other hand, if this guy, with his looks, were a "lifestyle coach" espousing being a gentleman and how that can get the ladies to sleep with you, he'd be every bit as successful. You might not...but he would. Why? Because he looks f * ckable. He's handsome and young or at least young-looking.

An average-looking guy following anybody else's rules isn't going to have slews of women trying to get with him unless he has another jaw-dropping talent, natural or nurtured. Like he's hilarious. Or he's great at sports. A very good-looking guy, or a guy who applies himself and excels at something, is going to get slews of women trying to get with him whether they're gentlemen or * ssholes. The tragedy is that guys believe it really is the "act" the "lifestyle coach" is espousing that gets tons of women. They think they can sit there in their underwear playing EQII and then act a certain way when they go out and get laid.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:58 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Really? By the way you've managed to keep yourself away from dates by refusing to date datable women based on obviously false assumptions, I have to think that even if women did like men "like yourself," you'd find some way to screw it up and then say women like jerks and knuckle-walkers.

Know what I think? I think you're just afraid of women, period. You are doing EVERYTHING in your power to keep them away from you while, on the surface, managing to convince yourself that there's nothing wrong with you, it's them.
You're right! That must be it! I **** my pants in terror every time something with two X chromosomes comes near me. How could I not see it?

e: I don't think all women are into bad boys but enough are that I'm literally better off putting my effort into anything else, even the bloody lottery.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:01 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I pride myself in being an honorable man.

If that makes me a pu@sy then so be it.

I won't miss a wink of sleep over it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships