Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 04:51 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMoon View Post
Stupid? Well, is a man stupid for drooling over a pretty face? if women are attracted to bad boys, then they are wired to find bad boys attractive for a reason. Avoid women and you won't have to worry about that. Or accept things as they are and deal with them as they come along, I guess.
Yes, quite stupid actually. Bad boy comes with a connotation of he does things considered "bad". This term usually means the boy (lets not confuse him with a man) is a cheater, has had probably 50+ sexual partners, and treats women like a piece of property. Knowing that, and then having sex with him, you are potentially exposing yourself to that person permanently (through STD's or pregnancy). Its also fairly common for the "bad boy" to have no real ambition in life outside of getting laid. Boy, what a turn on!

A pretty face, on the other hand, does not necessarily come with those same negative attachments. Its fairly common for a pretty girl to be a tad dopey but thats the only possible stereotype that actually fits.

As far as being wired to find things attractive, that argument only carries so far. You were also given a brain to make logical conclusions. Use it or suffer the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 04:59 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
I'm kinda with Jason here.

Women who complain about bad boys but keep going back to them are like smokers who complain about having a horrible cough but don't have any desire to quit whatsoever.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:23 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
So as I previously posted me and my boyfriend of 3 1/2yrs broke up after finding out a lot of stuff that wasn't appropriate for someone in a relationship to be doing. But now is the dilemma.............

I had a heartbreak over 15yrs ago with my daughter's father and this one recently has done more to me then my daughter's father ever did but I still have strong feelings for him? and even hope that he will grow up and change (even though my heart tells me something different) he is sooooo addicting. I think I actually love him more then my previous ex and am afraid that sooner or later will fall right back into his trap now why is that the bad boys always turn girls on? and we can't get enough of them? is it all the games they play? mind games how I call them?

Why is it that he did me wrong 100 times worse and I feel I love him more then the other? I just don't get it..........
"Your craving will be for your husband [or boyfriend] and he will dominate you."

Old 10-26-2010, 05:36 PM

67 posts, read 116,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Yes, quite stupid actually. Bad boy comes with a connotation of he does things considered "bad". This term usually means the boy (lets not confuse him with a man) is a cheater, has had probably 50+ sexual partners, and treats women like a piece of property. Knowing that, and then having sex with him, you are potentially exposing yourself to that person permanently (through STD's or pregnancy). Its also fairly common for the "bad boy" to have no real ambition in life outside of getting laid. Boy, what a turn on!

A pretty face, on the other hand, does not necessarily come with those same negative attachments. Its fairly common for a pretty girl to be a tad dopey but thats the only possible stereotype that actually fits.

As far as being wired to find things attractive, that argument only carries so far. You were also given a brain to make logical conclusions. Use it or suffer the consequences.
Heh, the problem is that most human beings relate to others, emotionally, and sexually ,because of external factors such as height, muscles, breasts, pretty faces, blonde hair, tall, dark and handsome; it has nothing to do with logic.

If people worked with logic when it comes to relationships, then most people would be celibates like me.

Say, to have a relationship you have to spend money. Even if the woman pays for her things, you still have to waste money on gasoline. You still have to pay for your dinner or your tickets or whatever.

Also, most human beings have HPV. HPV is not only bad for women, but I've heard that it might be linked to Prostrate cancer. Then we have that fact that a lot of people are infected with herpes(genital and facial).

You also never know if that friendlly, good looking(or average or ugly) guy is going to murder you when he gets you alone. Or that the sweet little woman is actually a serial rapist.

Logic says that it doesn't make any sense for the individual to have children. Still, I am always seeing tons of babies. It also doesn't make sense for a man and a woman to live together.

Since most relationships are going to die out, it's illogical to invest time and money and emotions on a man/woman.

Funny how it pays to be single and celibate(no stress, no bills to pay, no children to worry about, no stds etc)

But still humans "fall in love", have casual sex, and continue with their obsession with sex and companionship.

Where's the logic in that? How many can break away from their genetic wiring to go out and reproduce and pair up?

So how can you speak of women taking hold of their desire for bad boys, when all sexual and emotional interactions carry a lot of risk and little reward?

That great emotional connection? Science broke it down to chemicals. Love? Same thing. Sex being that good? That's right, it must be. Humans wouldn't waste time with the other sex if that wasn't so, but take in consideration that sex is one of the most powerful drugs out there. Why do people do it? It's not logical?

Because human beings crave pleasant sensations and feelings.

And man, does it feel great to have you own house - paid for - a camaro 2nd generation - a college degree, no student loans, and lots of money in the bank.

How did I achieve this? I looked around when younger, saw how much of a massive load wives and girlfriends are, decided I love money way too much to spend it on something as fleeting as sexual pleasure or "emotional connection".

It does feel great to see all the other guys struggling to pay their rents, their kid's needs etc etc, while I walk around with a huge grin - and extremely plain clothes to keep the gold diggers away.

So... this is what you can achieve when you take full control over your pleasaure centers

Old 10-26-2010, 05:43 PM

A pretty face, on the other hand, does not necessarily come with those same negative attachments. Its fairly common for a pretty girl to be a tad dopey but thats the only possible stereotype that actually fits. "

Ahaha, yes, I'm sure most attractive girls haven't lead a man down a broken heart or something . Or stds LOL!

Last edited by WinterMoon; 10-26-2010 at 06:13 PM..

Old 10-26-2010, 06:33 PM

Apparently the relationships forum is where all the psychos hang out now a days. Or maybe its always been that way...

Old 10-26-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Apparently the relationships forum is where all the psychos hang out now a days. Or maybe its always been that way...
oh. You mean the guys who don't need female/male attention and aren't addicted to the emotions and the feelings created during sex, thus free to see how senseless romantic/sexual relationships are?

Yep. And guess what. We're a growing population.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMoon View Post
oh. You mean the guys who don't need female/male attention and aren't addicted to the emotions and the feelings created during sex, thus free to see how senseless romantic/sexual relationships are?

Yep. And guess what. We're a growing population.
And I care because?

Old 10-26-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
And I care because?
Because what is different, what challenges "society" is seen with bad eyes. I remember having this talk with a teacher and she couldn't understand it. It's nitce to belong to a species that can't control itself. Heh, it was a lot of fun when she told me that this decision to be like this would turn out bad. For Society, yes. Not for me.

Or your attempt at shaming "this forum has a lot of crazy people " is what, an attempt at humor?

Hey, I get you. My friends do wonder why I'm not having sex or relationships; but I'm the one they call to when their girlfriend/boyriend cheats on them, gives them a std or dumps them.

I nod and laugh on the inside. How great it is to be so untouchable aha.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 PM

Yeah thats fantastic. Why don't you hook up with the eunuch poster above and have emo children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships