Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 08:57 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
The whole movie is kind of creepy...even the munchkins...the singing...the neighbor on her bicycle wanting to hurt Toto...not remembering anything at the end....it is a wonder we are not all in therapy...haha. The only good part is the cowardly lion...I love him...rhhphf.
When I was 5, I had an LP of the story of Hansel and Gretel (I've totally dated myself with the "LP" part. YES, we had these things called record players back then! )

I had to run out of the room when the kids pushed the witch into the oven, because she would cackle. I thought it was creepy as hell that she was "laughing" as she was dying. Similar to the melting scene in Wizard of Oz, but since it was audio only, I had my imagination to scare me shytless.

I was such a chicken when I was a kid!

(I still am. I love horror movies, but can't watch them alone. )

Old 11-10-2010, 09:00 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
When I was 5, I had an LP of the story of Hansel and Gretel (I've totally dated myself with the "LP" part. YES, we had these things called record players back then! )

I had to run out of the room when the kids pushed the witch into the oven, because she would cackle. I thought it was creepy as hell that she was "laughing" as she was dying. Similar to the melting scene in Wizard of Oz, but since it was audio only, I had my imagination to scare me shytless.

I was such a chicken when I was a kid!

(I still am. I love horror movies, but can't watch them alone. )

An LP? WTH is that? JK....I love, love psychological horror movies...not the blood and gore so much, though. Like I loved Paranormal Activity and I wouldn't open the door at night after Strangers for a while.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
An LP? WTH is that? JK....I love, love psychological horror movies...not the blood and gore so much, though. Like I loved Paranormal Activity and I wouldn't open the door at night after Strangers for a while.
I'm DYING to see Paranormal Activity. I've already read the spoilers, so know what happens, but it would still scare me, I'm sure. I don't have anyone to see it with. I also am one of the few who loved the Blair Witch Project, but I saw it before all the hype, when it was just in a few theaters.

I've seen the blood and gore ones, too. I think my ex-husband and I watched every slasher flick out by the time we divorced.

The Ring is my kinda movie. We saw both the American and the original Japanese version. Same with the Grudge (I think that was the name?).

Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I wonder if I can change my user name here?

...I think "MassDelete" would fit in SO much better...
We'll have to share it! Which part do you want?

Old 11-10-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I'm DYING to see Paranormal Activity. I've already read the spoilers, so know what happens, but it would still scare me, I'm sure. I don't have anyone to see it with. I also am one of the few who loved the Blair Witch Project, but I saw it before all the hype, when it was just in a few theaters.

I've seen the blood and gore ones, too. I think my ex-husband and I watched every slasher flick out by the time we divorced.

The Ring is my kinda movie. We saw both the American and the original Japanese version. Same with the Grudge (I think that was the name?).

Do you like An American Werewolf in London? It is old, but I love it...funny stuff, but kind of creepy too. The scene where they are walking over the moor and CCR's Bad Moon Rising is playing is a classic.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Do you like An American Werewolf in London? It is old, but I love it...funny stuff, but kind of creepy too. The scene where they are walking over the moor and CCR's Bad Moon Rising is playing is a classic.
One of my Dad's favorites. He has it on DVD. I haven't seen it in years (when he rented it on video), so don't remember much about it, except that I liked it when I watched it.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
One of my Dad's favorites. He has it on DVD. I haven't seen it in years (when he rented it on video), so don't remember much about it, except that I liked it when I watched it.

You have to rent it...you will laugh yourself silly...the dead in the theater are hilarious..my dad loves it too.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:23 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
I'm DYING to see Paranormal Activity. I
BORING. Honestly....I can't believe this is even billed as a scary movie.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:27 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Okay...I'm off to bed, but I just had to stick my head in here and say...

my boyfriend drives me up a wall. And down the other side. Yowza. I'm a lucky girl I am.

Okay...to bed....and with a big on my face.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
BORING. Honestly....I can't believe this is even billed as a scary movie.
People said that about Blair Witch, too, but I liked it. I still want to see PA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships