Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 08:04 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times

Advertisements

I've also got a thing for Dulles, and I'm not sure why. I haven't been there since they built the light rail to connect the terminals, meaning I've only experience those stupid people mover trucks, yet I still like it.

OAK is pretty decent IMO.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:08 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I know your pain, right down to flying to/from Chile. I don't understand how it won that "TSA Airport Of The Year" award, it's a ****ing pain in the ass.

DCA all the way!
No kidding. And all the signs EVERYWHERE bragging about it. The last time I was there, I had to walk outside the airport to get from concourse D to J. That was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
I hate MIA too. It makes no sense. But this is my last weekend of school () so it made sense, this time!

Now ATL, you've got a great airport! Loved living there, travel was so easy.
Yeah, I like ATL.

Quote:
DCA not bad either. I like Pittsburgh, and ORD is great, considering how big it is. Lately I've been going through DEN and it's so beautiful.

Worst airport, two thumbs down, Houston.
DEN is gorgeous, yes!

The other airport right up there with MIA on my "I HATE THIS PLACE" list is NWK. Ugh, ugh, ugh! I was so confused, with the train going along the outside of the building. I kept waiting to see planes - or ANY sign - that I was actually at an airport.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 PM

I think one time I arrived in MIA from SCL and somehow ended up outside of the gate area and had to go through security again.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I think one time I arrived in MIA from SCL and somehow ended up outside of the gate area and had to go through security again.
Oh, yeah. I did, too. The place is confusing, and all the never-ending construction does NOT help. Plus, it's freezing in there! I flew in from Santiago in January or February, where it was still 90 degrees, to MIA, where it was around 60 or so, but they had the air up so high someone had to go into the plane to bring out blankets for us in the gate. My flights would get in at 6 am (I think one time I came in at 4 am?) and my flight to ATL wasn't until 10-11:30 am, usually. Miserable. I thought maybe it was just a one-time thing with the freezing temperatures, but it wasn't. This last time, I had to go into a store and buy a Brookstone version of the Slanket (or whatever it's called).

One time I waited at the gate for hours, just to have them change gates to another one, which was waaaaaaaaaaay on the other side. Of course.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:29 PM

Yep, 4-6AM sounds right for arrivals. First flight to DCA isn't till like 9 usually, so I get to enjoy the wonderful vast emptiness of MIA for a looooong time. Nothing's even open except I think Au Bon Pain.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:29 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
My flights would get in at 6 am (I think one time I came in at 4 am?) and my flight to ATL wasn't until 10-11:30 am, usually. Miserable. I thought maybe it was just a one-time thing with the freezing temperatures, but it wasn't. This last time, I had to go into a store and buy a Brookstone version of the Slanket (or whatever it's called).
Fly into DFW and take a short lay over. Just make it more then 30 minutes.

It will be much warmer here, even in the winter. I promise.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Yep, 4-6AM sounds right for arrivals. First flight to DCA isn't till like 9 usually, so I get to enjoy the wonderful vast emptiness of MIA for a looooong time. Nothing's even open except I think Au Bon Pain.
OMG, those places are everywhere! Twenty feet apart from each other! And it's fun spending the early hours in a dark freezing airport, I agree! At least it's not crowded, though it might make it a bit warmer if it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Fly into DFW and take a short lay over. Just make it more then 30 minutes.

It will be much warmer here, even in the winter. I promise.
Ha! Yeah, that's the only other option with LANChile. It's MIA or DFW. I just stuck with MIA because I figured I knew the place, so I would get around okay. Wrong! Construction, detours everywhere...

Old 11-17-2010, 08:49 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Yes. But what does this have to do with body waxing or "Friends with Benefits"?!
I suppose it depends on whether you love your friends or not.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I have no idea what you're all talking about!
Have you tried (roller)blading your dogs instead of walking them?

Old 11-17-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I just got back from a trip out West and felt like I was completely violated at the San Diego airport. That airport has been getting some really negative press. Got radiated AND patted down. Metal detector woman DOES NOT like underwire bras.
I wonder how many guys have issues with pat downs and cute security chicks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships