Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 09:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times

Advertisements

Connor's mom told me that she and Connor found the house where the kittens came from. The "dad" said, "Oh sure, take 'em if you want 'em! We'll have more in about 10 weeks. We're always having kittens." Connor's mom asked if she could take the mom cat too, but the guy said no, she is his wife's cat and they love her. WTF. They were just going to let these kittens live outside (it's 35 degrees out) and let whatever happen to them.

I was going to let the kids name her but I think she is a Tabitha.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Connor's mom told me that she and Connor found the house where the kittens came from. The "dad" said, "Oh sure, take 'em if you want 'em! We'll have more in about 10 weeks. We're always having kittens." Connor's mom asked if she could take the mom cat too, but the guy said no, she is his wife's cat and they love her. WTF. They were just going to let these kittens live outside (it's 35 degrees out) and let whatever happen to them.

I was going to let the kids name her but I think she is a Tabitha.
Yeah, they have a unique way of expressing their love, don't they? Too bad you can't slip some kitty birth-control pamphlets under their door...

I agree that she makes a good Tabitha (remember the baby on Bewitched?).

Old 11-05-2010, 10:25 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
I think people who don't spay or neuter their pets in this day and age are just downright irresponsible.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:53 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I think people who don't spay or neuter their pets in this day and age are just downright irresponsible.

When my mountain cat Genghis was very young, sometimes he would disappear for a few days, I worried about him. He came home & at times he had been in a fight.

I then had him neutered. He never left the mountain again. He's satisfied to play on the mountain here.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:30 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
When my mountain cat Genghis was very young, sometimes he would disappear for a few days, I worried about him. He came home & at times he had been in a fight.

I then had him neutered. He never left the mountain again. He's satisfied to play on the mountain here.

I wish you somebody makes YOU just as satisfied! I may not have animals, but at least I don’t go around crippling them.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:34 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:

Pics or it didn't happen. j/k.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:44 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I wish you somebody makes YOU just as satisfied! I may not have animals, but at least I don’t go around crippling them.

I Love my four legged Pal's. If i didn't have them spayed & neutered, (living out here in the country) they would wander far & wide. Then they might be killed by a larger predator. Here close to home, they are fairly safe. They go in & out as they please.

I adopt my friends mostly from folks who can't keep them anymore.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:50 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
I Love my four legged Pal's. If i didn't have them spayed & neutered, (living out here in the country) they would wander far & wide. Then they might be killed by a larger predator. Here close to home, they are fairly safe. They go in & out as they please.

I adopt my friends mostly from folks who can't keep them anymore.
Your pets are like kids, you do what is best for them.

I used to have a regular calico cat that we got neutered. She was a lovely sweet cat, but eventually turned into a little "b**ch* and I always wondered if that had anything to do with it. When my son started crawling, she scratched his face, just missed the eye and we had to give her away to a real "catlady" who already had 7 cats.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Crippling them??? Over 5 million dogs and cats are put to sleep every year in the Unites States alone and that number doesn't even count those who die of starvation or disease from improper care. I would hardly call spaying and neutering crippling. In addition dogs who are not spayed or neutered have a higher rate of death by cancer.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
I guess the poor things also get to live a full-fledged American lives - the exchange of freedom, happiness, privacy, social life, and fun for "security" provided by those who "love" us, too! Most of the time it’s worth it to be alive for 5 years as opposed to being a zombie for 55.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships