Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:37 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,806,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller1985 View Post
Well, if I'm not an animal person, I'm afraid I have to say you don't even sound like a human. Threatening a human for the sake of animal is unjustified. Period.

Do you want the dog since you care so much about him? I could buy him back and ship him to you.
Maybe you should have posted this in Craig's List or even the Pets part of this forum, before dropping him off to a death trap.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:42 PM

41 posts, read 63,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
It's too late now but you could have trained the dog and exercised him. You could have paid to take him to daycare or paid for someone to come over while you were gone and walk him and play with him. You could have provided him with some mentally stimulating toys while you were gone. You could have NOT chained him up and left him outside to be bored, lonely and a nuisance to the neighbors.

You could have made a real effort to discuss things with your boyfriend and made him help you find the dog a new home. You were living rent free in his home and agreed to take care of the dog. Just because your work situation changed doesn't mean it's okay to go back on what you said you would do.
the dog is one of the problems we had - I posted another thread long time ago - my ex was overseas and when he posted pictures he wouldn't let me make comments using words "honey" or "I like your hair", and he deleted all my comments - yes I agreed to take care of his dog. Well if he didn't stick to his agreement regarding loyalty, aren't I supposed to be off the hook as well?

If he cares about his dog - he could go ahead and pay for obedience classes or a dog sitter. Instead, he wanted me to pay for everything- when I know there's something going on with him in another country, and I'm already spending more money in his house and dog than I would in a simple apartment, I don't want to do him any favor. period.

Yes I'm not paying for rent - but it is just cheaper for me to stay closer to my work place than stay here. I'm not profiting from him.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:34 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,096,034 times
Default this is happened after I took care of my bf's house and dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmabernathy View Post
you said in your other post the dog was used to being crated, but you felt bad doing it. You also stated you hated the dog. Dogs are den animals they feel comfortable in small dark places!

The dog could have been put in the bathroom, you could have left him on a chain with a bark collar until you got home and brought him in at night.

Did you take the dog to a shelter? Was there any chance of the dog being put down???

How long has your bf been gone? The other post said it was for a year but the thread was started on OCt 24th...did you really get rid of that dog in 5 days?

You could have post these questions in the pet section and asked them what to do?

What you described is not bad, it is normal for a dog going through seperation anxiety, if the dog tried to maul you or someone else that is one thing but barking and chewing-what do you think dogs do?
You have made your point, we understand how you feel. What she should have done is tell her boyfriend that she didn't want to be responsible for taking care of his pet, before he moved overseas. I suspect she tried to do that and he wasn't listening. I wouldn't put up with someone elses pet for one minute. I wouldn't keep him for 5 days, but I wouldn't have kept the boy friend for 5 days either. She owes him nothing. Free rent to take care of a house that is falling down and a pet that doesn't behave is not such a good deal. Why should she have to spend money on a bark collar? How would you like having someone put a bark collar on you to keep your mouth shut?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:23 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,542,944 times
Quote:
the dog is one of the problems we had - I posted another thread long time ago - my ex was overseas and when he posted pictures he wouldn't let me make comments using words "honey" or "I like your hair", and he deleted all my comments - yes I agreed to take care of his dog. Well if he didn't stick to his agreement regarding loyalty, aren't I supposed to be off the hook as well?

If he cares about his dog - he could go ahead and pay for obedience classes or a dog sitter. Instead, he wanted me to pay for everything- when I know there's something going on with him in another country, and I'm already spending more money in his house and dog than I would in a simple apartment, I don't want to do him any favor. period.

Yes I'm not paying for rent - but it is just cheaper for me to stay closer to my work place than stay here. I'm not profiting from him.
Obviously you both have issues. I just think the dog deserved better.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:49 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,792,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Maybe you should have posted this in Craig's List or even the Pets part of this forum, before dropping him off to a death trap.
That would require some logical thought, and we haven't seen any capability of that.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:01 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,596,581 times
Like I said, Traveller - you opened up Pandora's Box when you mentioned the dog...

...just remember - when Pandora opened that box, there was one thing left behind for her to hold onto - hope.

Good luck.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:37 PM

41 posts, read 63,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Obviously you both have issues. I just think the dog deserved better.
Whoever is just making complaints here - feel free to adopt the dog at your own expense, since I'm being accused of not a dog person and not smarter than the dog. I hope whoever make pure accusations other than truly contribute any thoughts could adopt that dog and be the ultimate "smarter-than-a-dog" person.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:42 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times
Quote:
Well, if I'm not an animal person, I'm afraid I have to say you don't even sound like a human. Threatening a human for the sake of animal is unjustified. Period.

Do you want the dog since you care so much about him? I could buy him back and ship him to you.
You want to have a verbal go? It's no secret in here I take in foster dogs - some from shelters before they are killed until they are adopted. Including my own, there are often up to 8 in my home at times. So, if you just want to continue to just be a smartass in post after post after post, bring it on.

You should have boarded that dog at a kennel and let him take care of it from there and moved out. He already made the choice when you presented the problem to him and he chose the dog over you. What you did was just spiteful and cruel.

No one threatened you either Drama.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:23 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,542,944 times
Quote:
Whoever is just making complaints here - feel free to adopt the dog at your own expense, since I'm being accused of not a dog person and not smarter than the dog. I hope whoever make pure accusations other than truly contribute any thoughts could adopt that dog and be the ultimate "smarter-than-a-dog" person.
For the record, just because someone has a dog or likes some dogs, doesn't make them a dog person. I help clean up after enough messes people like you AND your boyfriend leave behind. I hope the dog gets adopted but just because they said he will doesn't mean that will actually happen. I hope he doesn't suffer anymore. It sounds like you and your BF or ex or whatever should just focus on yourselves and not take on responsibility for any other living beings.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:18 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,663,567 times
I feel sorry for the dog.

You need to get him back and train him yourself and keep it.

He does not have to live with your idiotic boyfriend.

It's the right thing to break up with that guy. But..... if you can, go get the dog back. Putting the dog back in the shelter is like sending your kids to the orphanage, run by grumpy old catholic nuns with canes in their hand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.