Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 11:41 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,800 times

Advertisements

No offense to Women and not to say all Women are like this but, most or some Women don't feel satisfied after the Man they had gotten had met their standards.

So that makes me wonder what do Women really want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 11:47 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
I'd have to say if they are not satisfied then it's not the man they want, but the cat and mouse game of chase.

Once they catch that hard-to-attain man that meets all their standards, the fun is gone.

It also could be that once the woman gets to really know this perfect specimen, she realizes he's really not that perfect.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:48 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
The problem is, does he continue to meet her standards? On the flip side, does she continue to meet his?

Old 10-29-2010, 12:15 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
No one "gets" another person. So let't first just take the possession part of of the equasion.

When someone forms a relationship with the other, its is give and take, naturally. So when you say some women are not happy after (say, entering a relationship) with a man that meets their standards, then the logical reason would be that he is not living up to those standards, or she discovers they are not compatible. Same goes for men, and discovering that a woman does not seem to match what what they are looking for.

You have to live in the relationship for a while before you can know if another person matches what you are looking for, or in your words, "standards".

If anyone goes out there and "selects" someone who appears to be the one and married them without first discovering if they compatible and happy together, well that is just silly. So maybe you are looking for an answer to address those few, and for those I have no answer. I do not feel it is the norm.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:09 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Standards:

OUTGOING
GOAL ORIENTED
MAKES ALOT OF MONEY
HAS ALOT OF FRIENDS
LOVES NIGHT STROLLS
DRESSES SEXY
EXPERIENCED
EASY

Doesn't mean I want a hooker.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:45 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Standards:

OUTGOING
GOAL ORIENTED
MAKES ALOT OF MONEY
HAS ALOT OF FRIENDS
LOVES NIGHT STROLLS
DRESSES SEXY
EXPERIENCED
EASY

Doesn't mean I want a hooker.
Are you sure? :P

Old 10-29-2010, 04:25 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
No one "gets" another person. So let't first just take the possession part of of the equasion.

When someone forms a relationship with the other, its is give and take, naturally. So when you say some women are not happy after (say, entering a relationship) with a man that meets their standards, then the logical reason would be that he is not living up to those standards, or she discovers they are not compatible. Same goes for men, and discovering that a woman does not seem to match what what they are looking for.

You have to live in the relationship for a while before you can know if another person matches what you are looking for, or in your words, "standards".

If anyone goes out there and "selects" someone who appears to be the one and married them without first discovering if they compatible and happy together, well that is just silly. So maybe you are looking for an answer to address those few, and for those I have no answer. I do not feel it is the norm.
The first 2 paragraphs is understandable, but what if he lives up to those expectations all the time?

Take Desperate Housewives for example; The Wives have a good life and good Husband but still isn't satisfied and looks for someone else in that marraige(same goes for Men, Male in general).

Matter of fact, about year ago I was listening to Steve Harvey Radio and the news came out that a Woman had a good Hudsand and had a couple or few kids and the Husband did all the right things(if not aLL the right things), yet she(Wife) still had cheated on him with another man.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:27 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
The first 2 paragraphs is understandable, but what if he lives up to those expectations all the time?

Take Desperate Housewives for example; The Wives have a good life and good Husband but still isn't satisfied and looks for someone else in that marraige(same goes for Men, Male in general).

Matter of fact, about year ago I was listening to Steve Harvey Radio and the news came out that a Woman had a good Hudsand and had a couple or few kids and the Husband did all the right things(if not aLL the right things), yet she(Wife) still had cheated on him with another man.
OP, are you really young? I mean, surely you don't take television shows as reality. As for the cheating...are you assuming that only women cheat? And that only women could possibly have a spouse that was seemingly perfect, yet he still cheated on her? Ever hear of Tiger Woods?

People cheat...men AND women. And yes sometimes it seems like they cheat when everything is going well. But obviously, there's a problem somewhere. It isn't rocket science. People are stupid. Everywhere you look.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:27 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post

So that makes me wonder what do Women really want?
Certainly not Mel Gibson! I don't care WHAT romcoms from the 90's say!

Old 10-30-2010, 02:29 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
The problem is, does he continue to meet her standards? On the flip side, does she continue to meet his?
Seriously though, I agree with this. He may have stopped meeting her standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships