Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 02:22 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times

Advertisements

Probably because men don't show their a-hole side until she's invested.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:32 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,188,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, it doesn't. Most women don't want bad guys. They avoid bad guys, and warn each other about bad guys. Interesting, though, that you're around the kind of women who go for bad guys at least enough to observe them and believe they represent the norm.
People who make good choices for a partner don't need to train anyone or "make" them loyal. Good luck with your adolescent worldview, though.
You can still have a good career or job or whatever it is that you do to bring in money and be a "bad boy."

It's something that's internalized. In my experience, girls like a little edge. They like somebody that's not scared.

I don't know. I think that's how it is. The opposite of not scared is nervous as hell.

Never been a nervous as hell guy in the history of the planet that's ever been laid.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:34 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
You can still have a good career or job or whatever it is that you do to bring and money and be a "bad boy."

It's something that's internalized. In my experience, girls like a little edge. They like somebody that's not scared.

I don't know. I think that's how it is. The opposite of not scared is nervous as hell.

Never been a nervous as hell guy in the history of the planet that's ever been laid.
Think about it this way....

Despite what your experience tells you.....you have to remember there are millions upon millions of women on this planet.

You have barely scratched the surface, if at all. So simply believing "that" is how it is for most of us is illogical and unrealistic.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:35 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
You can still have a good career or job or whatever it is that you do to bring and money and be a "bad boy."

You do realize, though, that in-between those two extremes, there are a lot of normal, emotionally healthy, stable and happy people, right? Good people.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Perhaps of your environment based on your perceptions and lived experiences. That's still called anecdotal evidence. There are many others who have different experiences.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm kind of just talking out of my own personal frustration. Not because of this, of course, but in general due to my behavior, but that's not relevant to this.

Well, it's slightly relevant, but I don't really like to expose anything that I'm going through on here.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:46 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
You can still have a good career or job or whatever it is that you do to bring in money and be a "bad boy."

Case in point: choose and do better, or heck, choose a different type. It ain't that hard.

"Girls I know like a little edge." Fixed it for you.

While you're observant of the women in your environment, that leaves out millions of others who fall outside your lived experiences.

Can't say "edge" has ever been on my radar of must-have traits in a partner.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:46 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times
Quote:

There are ways to be endearingly nervous as hell. That man may not appeal to many women, but it does appeal to some. And as Ruth said, we're almost talking about cardboard cut out characters here, and not real, nuanced people.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Case in point: choose and do better, or heck, choose a different type. It ain't that hard.

"Girls I know like a little edge." Fixed it for you.

While you're observant of the women in your environment, that leaves out millions of others who fall outside your lived experiences.

Can't say "edge" has ever been on my radar of must-have traits in a partner.
How do you know? A game player doesn't reveal his edge.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:49 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,798 times
Quote:

How is it a nervous guy isn’t a “nice guy” and a confident guy is a “bad boy?” If that’s the label, I think some men don’t really know the meaning of the word, “bad.”

Old 10-11-2017, 02:55 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,284 times
Funny how buthurt some people get from generalizations in threads like these. Generalization exist for a reason, by large as unique as some of us think we are, there ain't no special snowflakes.
Some of us are just slightly more [bleep] than the rest.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-11-2017 at 08:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships