Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times

Advertisements

The one I couldn't stand was the 20 years ago photo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 07:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Hmmm...men are so dumb. Yet another reaons, why I don't date at all any more. My friend at work, she makes well over $150,000 a year, she does not dress up, or wear make-up, she is rather plain, and very overweight. She is smart, and very well off...not married. If I was a guy, I would be all over her. She is really nice, with a good personality...and if a guy just judges her on her looks, he is really missing out...

While I agree that men are dumb (in some ways, anyway), let me ask you why you think so in regard to your friend. Just from your description of her, yes, I would date her. She is intelligent and has a nice personality (and well off). That alone would make me want to get to know her. But then I would have to figure out what type of prospect she would be for a long-term relationship. Would I be attracted to her man to woman? I am not sure. I could see myself being attracted to a woman who is overweight; I could also see myself not being attracted to a woman who is overweight. Whether or not we want to admit it, we all want to be attracted to our girlfriend of wife.

I am not saying she wouldn't be a good catch. I just don't know she'd be a slam dunk.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:22 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Hmmm...men are so dumb. Yet another reaons, why I don't date at all any more. My friend at work, she makes well over $150,000 a year, she does not dress up, or wear make-up, she is rather plain, and very overweight. She is smart, and very well off...not married. If I was a guy, I would be all over her. She is really nice, with a good personality...and if a guy just judges her on her looks, he is really missing out...
Not enough information to tell in your description of your friend. Is she short? Being fat and short looks worse to me than fat and tall. Does she have a ready wit? Does she enjoy life and have a background of responsibility? Does she have a big smile? Does she like guys or does she have a bad image of them?

Everything is a series of pluses and minuses. If the pluses exceed the minuses than you have something positive. Making good money could be either way. If the requirements of the job means she has no time for another person in her life, it is a negative. If making the money allows for living life more fully, than that is a plus.

Not all men are one dimensional.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:23 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Not at all. I just think Venus is butt ugly. I LOVE Serena though.
I don't buy your obvious because bs I wasn't born yesterday. Venus Williams, in your mind, is the ugliest female celebrity on the planet and that's why she's your female example? Please. Sell your bull**** elsewhere.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
LMAO Is she even female??

Last edited by OngletNYC; 11-03-2010 at 07:41 PM..

Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I don't buy your obvious because bs I wasn't born yesterday. Venus Williams, in your mind, is the ugliest female celebrity on the planet and that's why she's your female example? Please. Sell your bull**** elsewhere.
Im not saying she's the ugliest celebrity, but she's definitely in contention for the ugliest celebrity title along with Sandra Oh, Heidi Fleiss, Donatella Versace, Jocelyn Wildenson and Sandra Bernhard. This has nothing to do with her being black. It has to do with her being ugly. I said she'd still win in a beauty pageant against that fat chick though.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Serena is far more muscular you racist little vagina with a 75 point IQ. Of course, you can barely read this post...
How is he racist? Crude, maybe, but not racist. And it's all subjective anyway. You say Venus' body is perfection... might be in terms of being perfect for a hardcore athlete, but she's way too muscular and low-fat for me. Especially in the arms.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
How is he racist? Crude, maybe, but not racist. And it's all subjective anyway. You say Venus' body is perfection... might be in terms of being perfect for a hardcore athlete, but she's way too muscular and low-fat for me. Especially in the arms.
I have better things to do than post you the 50 offending posts I personally have read from that Antelrara girl over the last year. If you really want to know, you can search yourself. If you don't care enough to do so, fair enough.

As for the body type issue, I was not talking to you. I was speaking to an athletic guy who routinely posts hardbody female body shots & vids here, not to you and as such your opinion is irrelevant.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:50 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Not knowing who Venus Williams is I Googled her. The images that came up show a rather decent looking lady. Very nice body. Her face could be improved with some careful makeup usage. But I certainly would not throw her out of the bed.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:03 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Hi jasper12,

And if such a man where to bring out his block and tackle for a reasonable mechanical advantage, he would also miss biking, long hikes and face to face conversations because she is sitting on the arm rests. The biggest draw men have to money is the women; and in this case, its like getting a chest X-ray in a coffin. I would rather pioneer the new sport of Nitro-Rodeo than get a flapjack foot on our first dance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships