Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Well, I wiegh 175 and I am 5'11", as a woman, what does that make me? Would you consider me obese?

I don't lie about my size, and I would encourage others to not lie either. Because if a man wants a petite model, that is not me, why waste time for both of us, and also, some men plain don't like tall, amazon women, fine, I won't waste his time, or set myself up for rejection. Therer are plenty of other men who think I am okay. I would rather meet them, than spend time with a man who wants a thin woman. I am not thin, maybe not fat, but definitely on the side of being bigger, with big, large breasts, and a big bootie to match. I have no problem with my size

I just calculated my BMI, I am overweight. If I was into dating, is that what should be added on the Match.com stats, your BMI...how foolish...So glad I am over dating now.

Tall and Beefy!!!!!!!!!!!! Sexy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 04:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Kudos to you for being honest about it. I think part of the issue is that a lot of guys have no idea about women"s weight, so they think that anything over 120 is morbidly obese regardless of height and build and all that jazz.
That is very true, when I used to date, and tell men how tall I was, and my wieght, it was pretty obvious that they were thinking I was going to be a huge, obese, ginormous beast. Okay, no problem. Plenty of others in the herd, who like a big woman, with big appetites...I wear a size 14/16. Don't even shop in the "big girls" stores, but still..they assume any woman over 130 or so is a huge fatness...which may be why women don't tell their weight.

And really, if you want a model, just write that expectation in your match.com intro..."I only want a woman who looks like a model, I don't care about your level of education, or your employment status, I want a thin woman, who is not over a size six"...okay, then larger women won't waste their time with you.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:16 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ummm....don't think you want to advertise that ............just sayin'
OMG that's the second time he's mentioned that on this forum! The first time I thought he must have made a typo. No??

Old 10-31-2010, 05:49 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,188 times
Isn't it amazing that during most of human civilization carrying fat was either a requirement for survival or a symbol of financial success.

Yet in the 20th and 21st centuries it's become a symbol of laziness, a potential 'disease' and a matter of public health to be controlled by government regulation or drugs.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:58 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
last I checked a good chunk of America is overweight, and a decent chunk is obese, I doubt they're all bodybuilders or even simply athletic

Old 10-31-2010, 06:05 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

And really, if you want a model, just write that expectation in your match.com intro..."I only want a woman who looks like a model, I don't care about your level of education, or your employment status, I want a thin woman, who is not over a size six"...okay, then larger women won't waste their time with you.
It would be pointless though to advertise that. Any man that has to resort to personal ads to get a date obviously doesn't have what it takes to score a woman that looks like a model or he would have already gotten her within the real world. Top Ten women don't use personal ads to find dates because they don't have to. They have enough men hit on them every day so they have plenty to chose from already.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:13 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Out of curiosity I looked at a few personals on Craigs list for Women seeking men. It seems that women like to use euphemisms for describing their weight. Such as BBW (big beautiful women) or full figured. Seems to me it would just be better to post height and weight. Let the reader decide if it matters.

Some of the other stuff these women posted I found rather strange and I am not talking about the obvious prostitution advertisements. One gal challenged the guys to tell her how her adds caused guys to know there was something wrong with her. She followed it up with another one saying she was making it into a contest.
Craigslist seems to be where all the mentals are. I put up an ad for an exercise partner and got some of the weirdest responses everything from people wanting to meet for sex to admitting they hate exercising but are lonely and just want someone to go to dinner with. I decided to never advertise again after my exercise partner ad got a response from someone who I eventually met in town who turned out to be a woman going through a sex change to become a man and just needed someone to administer her testosterone shots because she didn't know how. CL just attracts psychos like moths to a lightbulb.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:56 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times
Unfortunately I can identify with this. Especially when I dated on match.com, you list your own body type. I found myself having to literally limit my searches to "slender" and "athletic" builds simply because other options (average, curvy, a few extra pounds) is perceived to be similar to Obese or Overweight. I feel I'm pretty generous on the weight side, I don't need a girl to be a stick or anything, but if you weigh almost as much, or even more, than I weigh (5'8" 195 lbs, athletic) then it's just not going to work.

I felt like a lot of women (and I'm sure men do it too) just have no idea what they look like in a mirror and can't imagine that weighing more than the guy you're dating is awkward. For the record: it is very awkward and not manageable.

I also for this reason didn't email women who had "funny angles" or "only headshots" as their posted photos. If I can't see your body, you're probably hiding it for a reason, and I had been tricked into going on dates who were much bigger than I had understood them to be. So I had learned my lesson. To Girls on dating sites: not all guys are creeps and giving at least one full length picture just to show us you're not morbidly obese goes a long way. Otherwise I know a lot of guys that rule women out for not having a full length pic.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:14 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
OMG that's the second time he's mentioned that on this forum! The first time I thought he must have made a typo. No??
I was just thinking.. Tall? Average? Or Short/Petite? Cause that's one skinny guy right there... Size 3? My sister's a 3!

Old 10-31-2010, 07:29 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,264,630 times
Mnteer, that has got to be the most hilarious thing I'm ever read on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships