Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 11:41 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,077 times

Advertisements

I've come to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage...

Marriage! I can't help but think there's something wrong with you! You're a man of 37! You know she's all of fifteen, don't you?

Ay, I know she is... but she looks twelve!

Gotta love some Benny Hill...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 11:49 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
And another fact for the people living in a hole, again, I get the feeling there are unfortunately a lot of these too -- you have to be VERY sheltered to think that 18 is the age of adulthood. There are only a few places in the ENTIRE world where 18 is the age of consent. In most of the United States, it is between 15 and 16, a few states it is 14.
16 is the lowest age of consent in the US. Do your research.

Quote:
...So the idea that a 17-year-old girl is "a child" is a load of bulls**t and you know that if you have two brain cells to rub together. A 17-year-old girl has gone through puberty, grown as tall as she's going to grow about 99% of the time, and is fully developed. Her mental maturity level depends on the individual, but since most people lose their virginity at 15 or 16, it's fair to say that any 17-year-old is plenty ready for that, too. As ready as you can be.
Stats, please, on most people losing their virginity at 15 or 16.

Quote:
No matter how old most girls get, they will never even come within a stone's throw of my IQ. Does that mean I shouldn't have sex with them because they're way stupider than me? Of course not. Nobody would agree with that, haha.
Wow - if I were a 14-year old girl, I'd be creaming my jeans right now.

Seriously?!?

Quote:
ANY guy who is healthy is attracted to girls who look to some extent mature or woman-like, which means if there is a girl who is 20 but looks 12, he might STILL not be attracted to her, but if she's 15 and looks like 20, of course it's natural for him to be attracted to her! You can't help, biologically, who you are attracted to and what you find sexy, but you can help how you act on that and if you realize this girl is only 15 and you're 30, that's an inappropriate relationship, so you never act on it.
So how is this different than a 20-year old acting on instinct when he sees that sexy 15-year old? Sounds like you're dissing older guys...

Old 10-31-2010, 11:53 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,077 times

Not a lawyer, are ya?

I live in MS. The age of consent here is 16, but only within limits. My niece lost her virginity at ten to a twelve year old, and it's perfectly legal. A 13 year old can have sex with a 16 year old and the law has little to say on the matter.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:58 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
My niece lost her virginity at ten to a twelve year old

Old 10-31-2010, 11:59 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post

Stats, please, on most people losing their virginity at 15 or 16.

Wow - if I were a 14-year old girl, I'd be creaming my jeans right now.

Seriously?!?

So how is this different than a 20-year old acting on instinct when he sees that sexy 15-year old? Sounds like you're dissing older guys...
Do YOUR research: Age of Consent - by State

Why would you even post when you clearly don't know what you're talking about?

Old 11-01-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:

AGE OF CONSENT CHART FOR THE U.S.

Who's right? Do you want to take the time to research every state's law? That's my point - the Net can be used for whatever purpose you desire. And BTW - your site is 11 years old...

Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
AGE OF CONSENT CHART FOR THE U.S.

Who's right? Do you want to take the time to research every state's law? That's my point - the Net can be used for whatever purpose you desire. And BTW - your site is 11 years old...
Atleast your link provides references back to the individual law titles.... but the argument is pointless as I don't think anyone cares whether she's 14 or 16. Either you're going to tap it or not.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Atleast your link provides references back to the individual law titles.... but the argument is pointless as I don't think anyone cares whether she's 14 or 16. Either you're going to tap it or not.
True enough. Just a technical point I felt had to be made...

Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:

I don't how this site compiles there statistics, I can tell you Delaware is 18 not 16 as stated in the link you posted.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:33 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
And I don't think your site is any more accurate, frankly, I've confirmed plenty of states are under 16. It also depends on the relative age of the person.

I think you're going off subject, though, because it's really irrelevant. There are, what, I don't know, 225 countries in the world? My point was only that you can't find hardly anywhere in the entire world where the age is 18. I don't care for my argument whether it's 12 (Mexico City) or 14 or 16, I am only saying that this idea some people have that 18 is the age where it's suddenly ok for a girl to be sexually active, but 17 and 350 days or something is not ok, that's just absurd. It always has been absurd, and only someone with a very low IQ or very high emotional investment (like they have a 14-year-old daughter, so they take this whole debate personally) would actually argue that or think that.

Most people understand that some 14-year-olds look like absolute little kids, and no healthy / normal guy would find them attractive, and other 14-year-old girls are freaks of nature, they are abnormally tall already, they are well developed, they wear a lot of makeup and dress mature, and it's very tough to discern how old she is. I remember when I was a freshman in high school, with other 14-year-olds in the classes, and there were probably 5 girls or so who the seniors checked out, who were clearly women, I mean they were HOT by ANY standards. The rest were cute / hot by the standards of other freshman / sophomores, etc. By the time I was 16, though, all of those girls were mature enough and looked like women. It just depends on the girl how fast she develops, but I don't think there is much debate that most 16-year-old girls look like women and are mature physically. As for whether they're mature mentally, that's just opening a HUGE can of worms. I mean, for one, if they're not mature enough mentally to consent to sex, why are we letting them drive? I don't think they should be driving, frankly, but having sex is not as big of a decision. They are really only endangering themselves, haha, not everyone else on the road. Aside from that, how do you determine whether someone is mentally mature enough? As I said, I've dated plenty of girls, haven't dated one of them even close to as smart as me, does that mean she isn't mature enough to have sex with? No, it doesn't. So you can't really look at it that way, you just have to ask does a 16-year-old girl know what sex is enough to say yes to it? About 98% of the world says yes, and I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships