Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 11:00 PM

13 posts, read 39,333 times

Advertisements

Hello, to the guys out there who aspire to great financial success. Of these two women, which would you prefer of these two if you had to choose:

1. Woman A does not care much for your money progress, makes few
demands, dresses simply, and says, yes it is all right if I buy you
some stuff, just come crash at my place. and with some mild disappoint
gets up in the morning to work and does not expect you to achieve great success financially. She also has low expectations of you ever achieving much financially and with a relatively passive attitude does not expect to have a great lifestyle. She also is not that dynamic, business clever, or smart.

2. Woman B dresses beautifully with elegant clothes. With an aura of
confidence insists as if she is entitled to it that she will live in a
nice house that you pay for. For instance, picture her with some regality and the true assurance stating “Let’s buy a house in Scarsdale.” She also like a great leader monitors and scrutinizes your progress coaching and congratulating you and at times helping you socially in business. Like a good coach, she shows great respect and gives praise as you attain certain milestones. She has great love and admiration as you help her meet her goals of a great life for her and her kids. She always has a glow of regality, confidence, and leadership, knowing that she has her knight that has the duty to work to support her. Ever morning feeling proud, you get up to engage in whatever your business is, while she in the bed like a beautiful queen sleeps regally and is proud of you. She is a fierce protector, but she also stands firm, proud, and regal as a queen with strong expectations for you to produce.

Although this may sound unusual, as someone who aspires to great success, I personally would actually have more respect for a woman who insisted on being financially supported, desired the best, and who expected me to push myself to the limit in terms of financial success.

Are there any other men out there, who on some level admire the high end version of what is called the "gold digger" type?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 11:14 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Since your prejudice shines brighter than a thousand-watt light bulb, and since I am a Taoist who seeks the simple life, I'm afraid I can't offer anything other than "Good luck!"

Old 10-31-2010, 11:37 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
I'd amend that wishlist a bit if I were you. I get your point about woman B but as described she could get out of hand 'expecting things'. What you want is someone who has your back, takes care of whatever needs to be done, and helps you achieve your common goals.

That is the difference between a gold digger and a good mate.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:38 PM

60 posts, read 118,409 times
Uh... what the hell...

I'd definitely go for A.

B can go find someone else to "sing praises for" if that's all she's good for as she sits around and does nothing and expects you to bring home the bacon.

At least with A she's willing to go out and work and pull her own weight. If she has lower expectations, then I'd go out and work my ass off to support her, put a smile on her face, and give her what I feel she deserves. At least if she doesn't have some crazy unobtainable expectations, you have some hope of meeting or surpassing the ones that she has.

With B, if you don't live up to what she sees in and expects of you, expect to see some flying objects and no hesitation telling you you're nothing and will amount to nothing as she walks out the door with some WASP.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:19 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
I don't care for either, but if anything A because I think I would kill B.

I don't need anyone to believe in me, frankly, because I believe in myself and nobody else matters. I will be hugely successful and famous, and there's really nothing anyone can do to stop that from happening short of killing me, haha, so I don't care if I have "fans" or not I just need to keep my head down, keep working hard, never lose sight of the target, and never give up. I've never had a girlfriend who was very supportive of my goals anyway, and most people in general are naturally -- and probably rightly -- inclined to doubt that anyone they know will really make it. This is a constant theme. Why shouldn't it be? For every 1,000 people who thinks they'll make it in a tough industry whether that's being the next Google billionaire or the next Hollywood hot-shot, maybe 1 of them will achieve some sort of lasting success and notoriety. Certainly, the odds favor you being one of the 999 and not the 1. So I guess as long as nobody I know roots against me, I don't care if they really are that "supportive" either. I appreciate support but don't expect a girl to be too, uhh, actively involved in that I guess.

Also, frankly, leave my business to me, I don't need anyone to motivate me, I motivate myself, and when someone else tries to do it my patience is tried very quickly. I find it pretty much insulting as I don't think anyone has more ambition than I do, so them trying to push me along... is a joke. It's like when I was in 5th grade, my dad used to always bug me about homework, and whether it was done, and how I was doing, and it seemed a tougher battle to explain it all to him on a nightly basis than it was actually doing it. So finally I said, how about this, you leave me in charge of my business and don't ask me about homework or grades again, until I screw up, and if I screw up, then you have the right to get involved and ask me or whatever you feel is necessary. He said ok, and he never had to be involved because I was always a top student. I didn't need motivation, just the space to do my thing.

I don't like girls who expect anything, either, I mean be appreciative for god's sake! I don't mind spending money on you, taking you out, that's all ok with me, but a thank you is really appreciate, some sense that you don't merely expect it but that you really do understand I could spend my money elsewhere, like on my car or collectibles or save it or whatever, but I choose to spend it on you, which means something. Most every girl I meet now days thinks a guy like me is just made of money and that it's NO thing at all for me to spend it on them, as if it just regrows immediately and there's nothing better I could be doing with it. I'm sorry, but no, it is a big deal, I'm not that rich that I can just spend $100 on a dinner and think nothing of it. I could have done something else with that money, so be thankful.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:55 PM

13 posts, read 39,333 times
Are there any advantages to woman b? It it completely unusual if you find the sophisticated trophy wife more attractive than the girl next door type?

Old 11-01-2010, 05:01 PM

968 posts, read 2,589,580 times
You should just simplify the question to read

"How do I become a gold digger?"

Old 11-01-2010, 05:14 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidmacintosh View Post
Hello, to the guys out there who aspire to great financial success. Of these two women, which would you prefer of these two if you had to choose:

1. Woman A does not care much for your money progress, makes few
demands, dresses simply, and says, yes it is all right if I buy you
some stuff, just come crash at my place. and with some mild disappoint
gets up in the morning to work and does not expect you to achieve great success financially
. She also has low expectations of you ever achieving much financially and with a relatively passive attitude does not expect to have a great lifestyle. She also is not that dynamic, business clever, or smart.

2. Woman B dresses beautifully with elegant clothes. With an aura of
confidence insists as if she is entitled to it that she will live in a
nice house that you pay for
. For instance, picture her with some regality and the true assurance stating “Let’s buy a house in Scarsdale.” She also like a great leader monitors and scrutinizes your progress coaching and congratulating you and at times helping you socially in business. Like a good coach, she shows great respect and gives praise as you attain certain milestones. She has great love and admiration as you help her meet her goals of a great life for her and her kids. She always has a glow of regality, confidence, and leadership, knowing that she has her knight that has the duty to work to support her. Ever morning feeling proud, you get up to engage in whatever your business is, while she in the bed like a beautiful queen sleeps regally and is proud of you. She is a fierce protector, but she also stands firm, proud, and regal as a queen with strong expectations for you to produce.

Although this may sound unusual, as someone who aspires to great success, I personally would actually have more respect for a woman who insisted on being financially supported, desired the best, and who expected me to push myself to the limit in terms of financial success.

Are there any other men out there, who on some level admire the high end version of what is called the "gold digger" type?
Woman A has low expectations for life and for you. Do you really want to deal with that?

Woman B is superficial and has no values beyond material things and "appearances". She will dump you if you ever lose the superficial trappings of success.

You've got to find the woman in between. Each personality you described are extremes in either direction.

How about...

Woman C - Has a job, earns a decent living and anything you bring to the table would also help to secure a comfortable lifestyle together. Would never be content for you to sit around on your arse not to make something of yourself and would expect it. She is respectful of herself and you, self assured and confident, she carries herself in a way that makes you both look good. Her home could be in the well heeled burbs or in a safe and upscale urban "downtown" neighborhood. She knows how to manage money and never overdraws the bank account or maxes out a credit card on an impulse purchase. She will make sure that whether the bank account balance is high or low that she always respects the hard work you do to provide for and take care of your family, and when you can't provide (if you get laid off or outsourced) - then she will because that's what a relationship is all about.

P.S. - There is NOTHING particularly REGAL about a gold digger. What a gold digger does well is put on the "appearance" of having it all together, meanwhile they're the most empty, pitiful, self absorbed individuals you could ever want to meet.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 11-01-2010 at 05:25 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 05:42 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,493,158 times
yeah they both sound like a great catch

i mean come on! are those the only type of women you think are in the world?
the first sounds like she is depressed and hates life with you, and the second one sounds like she could be your mother.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:56 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,873 times
Woman A: Under-acheiver, laid back, simple.
Woman B: Controlling, entitled Princess mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Woman C - Has a job, earns a decent living and anything you bring to the table would also help to secure a comfortable lifestyle together. Would never be content for you to sit around on your arse not to make something of yourself and would expect it. She is respectful of herself and you, self assured and confident, she carries herself in a way that makes you both look good. Her home could be in the well heeled burbs or in a safe and upscale urban "downtown" neighborhood. She knows how to manage money and never overdraws the bank account or maxes out a credit card on an impulse purchase. She will make sure that whether the bank account balance is high or low that she always respects the hard work you do to provide for and take care of your family, and when you can't provide (if you get laid off or outsourced) - then she will because that's what a relationship is all about.
I'm woman C and I'll throw in the fact that Women C can also be down down to earth and throw back a brew and enjoy a good football game, too.
I imagine there alot more Women C than ever before. Why isn't Type C an option, OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships