Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:39 PM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times

Advertisements

Because, your friends just don't want to see it the way you do!! What a person looks like in a uniform don't mean much when it comes to the kind of job they do! Ladies do love a military uniform, but when it comes to deployment time for "action", some ladies just can't handle THAT part of it. A lot of people would love to have their family and friends support in a major decision they want to make, but unfortunately that "wish" sometimes just isn't reality! That's why YOU have to go with what YOU think is right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
Some of her friends are...and the others are just anti military, I suppose, even though they think men in uniforms are sexy. I'm still going through with my decision, I'm just disappointed with her and my other friend's reactions. Whatever happened to supporting whatever[positive] choice I make, as long as I'm happy with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 05:46 PM

609 posts, read 1,138,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Because, your friends just don't want to see it the way you do!! What a person looks like in a uniform don't mean much when it comes to the kind of job they do! Ladies do love a military uniform, but when it comes to deployment time for "action", some ladies just can't handle THAT part of it. A lot of people would love to have their family and friends support in a major decision they want to make, but unfortunately that "wish" sometimes just isn't reality! That's why YOU have to go with what YOU think is right!!
I see. Sounds like that they're being selfish of my decision. Oh well, I guess the saying "You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet" rings true.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:38 PM

Oh and now she thinks Im copping out. Of what??? That pissed me off. Im done talking to her about it. She won't accept it, too damn bad. I made up my mind and this is what I want to do.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:58 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,664 times
I dont understand why she thinks its easier. I would think military life is harder. She just sounds immature and is trying to force her viewpoint on you.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:50 AM

This is what she had to say to me during a drunken rant I had on facebook:
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Roommate
Im just disappointed that after trying to help you for almost 4 years you still havent accomplished much. Except getting into school, just 2 months ago. I was hoping you'd get a degree, a decent not-restaurant or target job, and an apartment of your own. But since u couldnt do that youre probablt right, the military is prob the best place for you. Just work n they provide the rest. Believe me, my disappointment w everything i tried to do for you has nothing to do w a relationship or trying to keep u around. It has everything to do w 4 years of trying to help someone who failed to do anything productive for himself, and me having to give up on them.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:47 PM

556 posts, read 797,973 times
Originally Posted by My Roommate
Im just disappointed that after trying to help you for almost 4 years you still havent accomplished much. Except getting into school, just 2 months ago. I was hoping you'd get a degree, a decent not-restaurant or target job, and an apartment of your own. But since u couldnt do that youre probablt right, the military is prob the best place for you. Just work n they provide the rest. Believe me, my disappointment w everything i tried to do for you has nothing to do w a relationship or trying to keep u around. It has everything to do w 4 years of trying to help someone who failed to do anything productive for himself, and me having to give up on them.

Sounds like she is just a arse hole with no clue. The military doesn't provide you with everything. They compensate you for your job. She is a butt head!

Old 11-14-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel6604[I

Sounds like she is just a arse hole with no clue. The military doesn't provide you with everything. They compensate you for your job. She is a butt head!
[/i]
I'm trying to tell her that, but she refuses listen because she think she knows all. Never have I seen anyone so stubborn about something they have no clue about.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:41 PM

Wow this thread has jumped from three different forums.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:45 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
I would imagine that your roommate simply doesn't want you to leave.

I'm not anti-military in any way, but I know, both from previous relationships with active duty and due to having family members who serve, that being a military spouse or girlfriend is simply not something I'm willing to do. You have to know what you're personally up for. If this is your calling, it's your calling. Your roommate's views are immaterial.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:11 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times
she sounds like a *****. Lead your life the way you want to, she ain't your girlfriend or wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships