Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2010, 03:11 AM

1 posts, read 907 times

Advertisements

I have a number of questions that didnt seem to fit in the other forms. They are a mixture of career, relationship and relocation issues.

- I've lived as a young gay adult in calgary my entire life. I am very socially networked into the community and have never met anyone here I felt I had a connection with that I'd want to date (looking for trust-honesty-friendship). It seems to me most of the guys my age just want sex, and they sleep around lots. I'm not like that never have never will. I had a two-year long distance relationship with a boy from california that ultimately left me broken hearted but I don't regret the experience. If I can't move from here (calgary) how do I find the kind of people I want to date? "gay support groups ect" are out of the question because I'm not a gay activist.

- I'm a singer-songwriter that looks and sounds like justin bieber. If people get to know me and hear my music, 60-70% of the time they will buy something from me. I have thought lots about how I could make a living from this. I thought hey! why not make a blog and sell my music that way. My worry is that sales might be strong for 2-3 months but then die out after that. Although new return traffic might prove me wrong. I have been thinking about quiting my awesome but energy-draining job in favor to give this a real go. I feel like in order to make this work I will need to invest 3-4 k to purchase a professional video camera for the blogging portion of my stuff as well to setup the press package (photos, biography written by a pro copywriter ect) and not to mention the time involved for me to work my social media magic into place. I have a strong concept of how I can make this work but I feel really at a loss of encouragement, and helpful advice. I know no-one else at a "elite / substantial" level in the music / blogging industry to give me advice. How should I go about finding such mentors?

- I'd like to move to California or possibly Arizona. I have an associate degree in computer engineering (MSCE) and my work background is all in online marketing. I've worked with about 3 big names so far. I have no debt and about 10 K in the bank. Do you think I could make it there? also, I've heard that in these kinds of situations its best to work with recruiters / headhunters due to the work visa situation. Does anyone know of how I can find the best recruiters / headhunters to work with? or if this is even a good idea to start with?

Cheers! =]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships