Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 11:35 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,920,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The 50s just called for you, they want their paternalistic attitude back.
When your eyes roll back into your head, you might want to check this out. Synonyms for patriarchal...

http://thesaurus.com/browse/patriarc..._utmk=21498299

^^^Not so bad, huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
lol..I looked at his profile...He'd be lucky any woman would give him the time of day..The real reason for his ridicules post is because no women with their **** together would want him..what a sad lonely man he is...
Was that called for? It sounds childish and rude to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It is equal, I have half the responsibility, and take care of it. She handles her half.

Doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I don't see anything wrong with a guy with old school traditional values and character. There is someone for everybody. You girls make out like he's Ralph Kramden or something.

Last edited by saucywench; 11-09-2010 at 12:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 12:45 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,261,605 times
Quote:
Sad that people don't do what they're supposed to, and then wonder why their relationships aren't working out for them. Simply do the job you're supposed to do, and both parties will be happy.
I know I'm going to regret throwing my two cents in here, but what is this "supposed to" stuff?

You and any woman you date run your relationship your way, my SO and I will run ours our way.

Ye gods!

Old 11-09-2010, 02:11 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,540,964 times
Quote:
It is equal, I have half the responsibility, and take care of it. She handles her half.
You may have overlooked the OPs point, even in less traditional partnerships there are responsibilites. When one person fails to do anything it puts the burden on the other. The scales are tipping to far out of balance, nothing equal there.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,676,585 times
Main entry: parental. My husband is not my parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
Doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I don't see anything wrong with a guy with old school traditional values and character. There is someone for everybody. You girls make out like he's Ralph Kramden or something.
OK, have fun then. Just don't get pregnant. TK doesn't want kids, and if you don't get an abortion, he'll give you one.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,976,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Main entry: parental. My husband is not my parent.
Thank you for saving me the trouble to point out the obvious to Saucywench.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:43 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,089,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
When your eyes roll back into your head, you might want to check this out. Synonyms for patriarchal...

http://thesaurus.com/browse/patriarc..._utmk=21498299

^^^Not so bad, huh.

Was that called for? It sounds childish and rude to me.

Well apparently you didnt read his comments..Who said its any womens job to clean up after a man?? Especially when she dont live with him. You may not not mind being with someone who disrespects you. But Im sure most of us don't. Theres a difference between traditional and respect.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:17 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,920,947 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCvFusMSt8

Old 11-09-2010, 12:25 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
Why didn't you offer to help clean up his place?
Usually women feel inadequate and are driven away by men who are neat and organized.

It's only after they get married to a beer guzzling, TV sports watching slob and he won't magically reform, that they get pissed.

This guy must have been beyond the pale!

Old 11-12-2010, 11:25 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,089,828 times
Default Continue to filthy pigs

I'd thought Id give everyone an update..
So here goes..
My ex came by yesterday, doing the crying act..So I asked him "why are you crying?" He said for hurting you..
I told him I'll get over it, my life dont stop..So I told him the reason he is unhappy because his daughter who is 21 wont allow him to be happy..She ended his marrriage, and she ended us..I told him he allowed her to do this..I told him she needs to realize your entitled to be happy and have a relationship..and she's to old to be throwing a fit..I reminded him he was married 2 years ago and he said his marriage was fine for the first 2 years of their marriage and the last 2 is when they started having problems and thats when his daughter moved in at 18, and he let his daughter ruin his marriage..
I told him if you want to let your daughter run your life thats is your business..
He cried some more and said Im very depressed I need a friend right now. So I asked him you left me because you grown daughter started acting like she was 2, and you want me to be your friend? I told him NO I wont be your friend..I told him he needs to go to his daughter and she needs to be his friend. Then he pulled the crying act again, and said Im not going to make it, meaning he was going to end his life..So I said thats not my business thats between you and your daughter Im not a psychatrist
He did admit he does let his daughter run his life and he is not happy..
So now he is going to wait until she gets married,.. and I told him if he dont stop calling, texting, or coming over to my house Im going to put a restraining order on him...I made it quite clear I want nothing to do with him...But the nerve asking me to be his bestfriend..geez

Old 11-12-2010, 12:17 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,443 times
This guy is nuts. You have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with others. Im glad your able to step back and see this. You can't change someone whos unwilling to change. Im sure your life is better without this loser. What a nutcase, he needs a psychiatrist, your right. And that daughter needs to get her own place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships