Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 05:35 PM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Telling someone that you have a prior working engagement would be honest, and it would also be respectful of your gal's feelings. If you feel like you have to give such details, then I'd agree with the "jerk" assessment.
EP, here is your answer.

A wise man knows how to present things to people so they know just what you want them to know. You must have never had kids. When a kid asks you "Where Babies come from" they only need to hear the bare basics not the whole details.

People and girlfriends are the same. You just needed to tell her "Baby, I'd love to join you but crap, I've got too work all day"

You were looking for trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 06:28 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,533,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
if someone asks me what im doing ill tell them. im always honest!

god i hope not. even if we were its not like im having sex with the models or anythign like that

your welcome bud
Nothing wrong with honesty, brutal honesty is not always appropriate, tact can go a long way.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Nothing wrong with honesty, brutal honesty is not always appropriate, tact can go a long way.
There are many versions of the truth.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:22 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,069,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Ep, you need to learn some diplomacy.

"Would you like to do something Sunday?"

"Ooh, sorry. I'm busy Sunday. How about [day that it's good for you]?"

THEN SHUT UP. If you've only been dating a little while and you are not exclusive, you don't need to get into all of the gory details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Telling someone that you have a prior working engagement would be honest, and it would also be respectful of your gal's feelings. If you feel like you have to give such details, then I'd agree with the "jerk" assessment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
EP, here is your answer.

A wise man knows how to present things to people so they know just what you want them to know. You must have never had kids. When a kid asks you "Where Babies come from" they only need to hear the bare basics not the whole details.

People and girlfriends are the same. You just needed to tell her "Baby, I'd love to join you but crap, I've got too work all day"

You were looking for trouble.

I frequently lack tact in my directness, but I do try to never hurt someone with the truth. What you did, OP, was to take the truth and use it like a bat. You hit her with the truth.

Since it is work, say it's work. Good grief!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,080 posts, read 4,164,146 times
eh if she cant take the truth now she prob cant take it later.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
eh if she cant take the truth now she prob cant take it later.
See above. Polish your style and use your words carefully.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:26 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,533,334 times
Quote:
Got that right & a person with character knows when & how to apply them.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:51 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,923,499 times
Lol Ep, from how you seem to not accept the commenters advice on tact, i say you ARE being a jerk. Oh well girls find jerks hot, keep at it.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,080 posts, read 4,164,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
Lol Ep, from how you seem to not accept the commenters advice on tact, i say you ARE being a jerk. Oh well girls find jerks hot, keep at it.
she called me last night and said good luck with everythign and wed have to do something during hte week.

just as i expected everything to happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships