Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 05:19 PM

328 posts, read 573,329 times

Advertisements

So why is it that when you meet someone online, and they seem nice at first... then after a while, they end up turning into this not so nice person. One guy I met online and went on a date with showed up drunk on the second date and said "this is the real me" and the other after a few messages back and forth after I said something he apparently didn't like even though i was joking replied in ALL CAPS and said GOODBYE. I highly doubt that people would be this rude in person. Or is that not the case? I have yet to meet someone in person who ended up being "not so nice" after a while. I just think that the on-line format of communication makes people more likely to be rude or mean to someone than if they met them in person. What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 05:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,623 times
Hmm, thats never happened with me.
But, I have had people online show their true colors after a couple of emails.
Where are you meeting these men? (What site?)

Old 11-08-2010, 05:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Meh.....he sounds like he needs to grow up!

Old 11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,584 times
People all try their best to give a good impression and it does take a while to see someone's true colors. Usually it takes more than a few emials or dates though!!!

I have heard this one a lot:

Women say that a lot of guys will be so nice in the beginning, like open doors for the women and after a while they stop doing that, and then also show how rude of a person they really are. The point is, these guys all are trying to be on their best behavior, but after a while they will show who they really are... Can't hide it forever.

That's why you are "dating" right?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Men and women both do it, same as white lies on the on line sites.
It can take years to surface sometimes.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:44 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Men and women both do it, same as white lies on the on line sites.
It can take years to surface sometimes.
You are absolutely correct! Too many say what they think the other person wants to hear; some have taken it so far as to fake their character and not reveal their 'true' self until after marriage.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:42 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
[quote=katie45;16583427]You are absolutely correct! Too many say what they think the other person wants to hear; some have taken it so far as to fake their character and not reveal their 'true' self until after marriage.[/quote]

I here you there Katie.

That is putting on a false front to make you like them. Halloween is over people. Take off the mask and show us what you really are!

Dishonesty has always been big with some women but if a woman continues to play this role of someone they really are not then they are in fact being completely dishonest.

When you know someone really good and it's not pretty...it's amazing to watch the new person like them so much. All you can do is smile and say between your teeth...*(You have know idea)

Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 AM

228 posts, read 500,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
So why is it that when you meet someone online, and they seem nice at first... then after a while, they end up turning into this not so nice person. One guy I met online and went on a date with showed up drunk on the second date and said "this is the real me" and the other after a few messages back and forth after I said something he apparently didn't like even though i was joking replied in ALL CAPS and said GOODBYE. I highly doubt that people would be this rude in person. Or is that not the case? I have yet to meet someone in person who ended up being "not so nice" after a while. I just think that the on-line format of communication makes people more likely to be rude or mean to someone than if they met them in person. What are your thoughts?
They're always nice when trying to get down your pants, but once they realize they aren't getting there, they can be down right nasty. It's actually frightening to watch the transformation, as though they have two distinct personalities.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:25 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
My friend was talking to this supposedly 45 yr old guy online for about 4 weeks and they actually developed quite an interest for each other. Next thing she knows the guy grows 15 years in 4 weeks and confessed to being 60 years old 1 hour before their scheduled 1st date!! She cancelled on him and stopped talking to him altogether. Some of these online guys are plain weirdos.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:54 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
I think its because they know that its unattractive of them and theyd never get a date with that. Once they secured the date then they probably get tired of keeping up appearances and let it all out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships