Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,007 times

Advertisements

So are you a User? As in, do you only approach a person because s/he has something of use to you? Ever met a person or have a "friend" like that?

I was recently talking to this man that had no problem saying that he only approached people who were interesting and could further his agenda.Those who stopped being relevant were dropped from his life. I found it sad, but reconfirmed my feelings for him as my gut told me to stay as far as possible a long time ago. He's a "friend"/business partner of a friend of mine, so it doesn't affect me as we were not particular close anyways.

I wonder how they could sleep at night...a bit lonely and pitiful if you ask me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 09:49 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
So are you a User? As in, do you only approach a person because s/he has something of use to you? Ever met a person or have a "friend" like that?

I was recently talking to this man that had no problem saying that he only approached people who were interesting and could further his agenda.Those who stopped being relevant were dropped from his life. I found it sad, but reconfirmed my feelings for him as my gut told me to stay as far as possible a long time ago. He's a "friend"/business partner of a friend of mine, so it doesn't affect me as we were not particular close anyways.

Yes, I've been used. For stupid crap in a gaming community, just because I did some work at EA. Suddenly I had so many "friends". Woohoo. I know, not the most exciting answer, but there ya go.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:28 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:

I was once friends with this woman who used her boyfriend just to have him pay her bills, She was only with him, to get what she wanted. He was a dummy.. we all told him how she was..He lost his house because of his stupidity.
She is homeless now and is going from place to place.
She once tried to get me to move in with her just so I could pay her bills. I told her Im not her stupid ex, We stopped being friends soon after that.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:36 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:

Some people are lovers of things and users of people instead of lovers of people and users of things.

To him, this is normal.

He probably wonders the opposite: "Why are other people so crazy that they even bother with those who can't do anything for them?"

Old 11-15-2010, 09:53 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
It's normal to all sociopaths

Last edited by purehuman; 11-15-2010 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 11-15-2010, 10:41 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I'm not like that but yes, I've known others like that and no, I don't have friends like that. I'm not easily walked all over nor am I easily suckered into someone with a hidden agenda. I'm pretty good at picking out NON genuine people to make friends with them.
I prefer not to associate with those that only befriend someone based on what they can get from them. It's kind of sad and pathetic that someone would live their lives like that only preying on people rather than genuinely wanting to be friends.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
When people find out I can get free flights on private jets, and that I can fly small planes myself I make a lot of new friends. When they find out that I will ONLY do it for close friends and family, they disappear.

Now, I just tell people I'm in 'aviation' and leave it at that.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:49 AM

23 posts, read 41,424 times
No, and can't stand those who are. I'm also suckered pretty easily - at first. But by the time I see the true person, there's no doubt about it. I guess that kind of offsets my gullibility. I'm trusting and give eveyone a clean slate until they tarnish it. So, yes I've been taken and felt really stupid but I remember the lesson once I learn it. I don't hate anybody, but I don't think we have any obligation to pretend people are our frinds who really aren't.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
If i find out someone is a user, i dont walk away, i run. These people dont give two craps about anyone. Everyones just a means to their end, so give up and forget about em.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Nope.

Don't need anyone. I will actually go out of my way to do things myself.

I knew many people who would use people for whatever. If I had no interest in them I never pursued them further. I felt it was cruel to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships