Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 02:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,802,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
A bi-what?

Anyway, Bro I hear you. People will do this sort of thing your whole life.

When you get married...."When you guys having kids?"

"When you buying a house....so on and so on.

Don't worry about it.

bi-weeklyship-"seeing someone twice a month"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 02:18 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,198,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I guess they bug me because I have nothing to tak about and know that I'm quietly looking but not successful yet. ...
Than the premise of this thread is wrong. You should start a new one that is more to the point such as, "Why do people ask personal questions about whether I have a relationship?" You can than explain why it bugs you.

Edit: Thread was consolidated with an earlier thread. Thus the first sentence no longer matches.

Last edited by MattB4; 11-13-2010 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Thread was moved.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:19 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,451,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
Dear Lord, let there be peace on earth and TVSG get laid & soon! Back away from the computer, I know there are several ball games on right now.

P.S. What is criticie?
According to his posts, he has relationships of convenience.

She gets a free meal at Micky Ds as payment for favors.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:07 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,203,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Or maybe some people just like material goods. I'm materialistic. I admit it. I'm materialistic, but I'm also lazy, so I've accepted the fact that I might never have certain things that I want (ex: new luxury car). But I'm not as materialistic as some people...for example, I hate McMansions. Since I don't plan on making a lot of money, I don't want kids because they would be a financial burden. I don't want to get married because getting divorced would be a financial burden (especially with kids).

Same here for me.

I had no desire to go to college or do any further education after high school. I left and got a job right away. 12 years down the track and I am still doing the same work I was doing when I left school, with no chance of progress and I don’t care. I like having a job with little responsibility.

So, what little money I do make, I like to spend on me. Who knows, maybe I would think completely differently if I had money to burn. Maybe we all would!

Quote:
Here is my question, why is it so weird for a 35 year man to be content with living his life without being in a relationship? If watching sports, tv, and going to work makes me happy then why is that so odd?
Quote:

That doesn't mean I'm not opn the lookout for Ms. right it just means I now know that there are more things in life that can make you happy besides being with that special someone.
BINGO. Way too many people rely on someone else for their happiness.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:13 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,436,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Same here for me.

I had no desire to go to college or do any further education after high school. I left and got a job right away. 12 years down the track and I am still doing the same work I was doing when I left school, with no chance of progress and I don’t care. I like having a job with little responsibility.

So, what little money I do make, I like to spend on me. Who knows, maybe I would think completely differently if I had money to burn. Maybe we all would!
I am in college now. But even when I get my degree, I don't expect to make enough money to comfortably raise kids. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't want kids because they're a pain in the rear end.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:34 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,928,659 times
You are the only one who has to live your life. As a man in his early 30's who is single and childless I can sypathize. My family and even some of my friends regularly ask me when I'm going to settle down, get married, buy a home and have children. My parents want me to give them some grandkids. It's understandable. Right now, I'm just not ready. There are so many things that I still want to accomplish that probably just wouldn't be possible with children or even a serious GF.

Right now my biggest priorities are advancing my career and spending as much time as I can on my three passions: guitar, poker and working out. If I was married with kids all my free time would likely be gone as spending time with the kids and keeping the wife happy would likely be my focus.

At times it can feel like I'm messing up by not popping out kids and settling down because most of my friends have done just that. However, I'm just not ready to give up my complete lack of responsibility to anyone but myself.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
You are the only one who has to live your life. As a man in his early 30's who is single and childless I can sypathize.
I think it is a lot more difficult for women than it is for men.

An e.g. 45 year old single, childless woman is seen as almost pathetic (I don’t think that, and I know a lot of the people on here don’t either, but a lot of other very closed minded people have a different view!), whereas a 45 year old single, childless man is just seen as a guy who loves bachelorhood and never wants to grow up. Men can be immature and it’s laughed off, women aren’t allowed to be.

We are expected to WANT marriage and kids and if we don’t there must be something wrong with us.

Not saying I don’t sympathise with your situation, it’s just very different, that’s all.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:47 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,860,740 times
Quote:

An e.g. 45 year old single, childless woman is seen as almost pathetic (I don’t think that, and I know a lot of the people on here don’t either, but a lot of other very closed minded people have a different view!), whereas a 45 year old single, childless man is just seen as a guy who loves bachelorhood and never wants to grow up. Men can be immature and it’s laughed off, women aren’t allowed to be.

We are expected to WANT marriage and kids and if we don’t there must be something wrong with us.

Not saying I don’t sympathise with your situation, it’s just very different, that’s all.
From personal experience, men are looked down on by married couples and mostly women. The old adage of "Misery love company" applies, they see you enjoying our live without all those real world attachments that society want to force upon you and try to assemble you into the matrix through guilt.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
they see you enjoying our live without all those real world attachments that society want to force upon you and try to assemble you into the matrix through guilt.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:01 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,928,659 times
Quote:

Ohh no, I agree! Women have the biological clock thing going on. I can have a kid up until the day I die!

No, I was just talking about getting a bit of grief from family about "when are you gonna settle down and have some kids?" no big deal. I know my younger sister, who is married and has a jam packed social life and busy career gets nagged ten times more than I do. If I decide that children are not for me no big deal. If my younger sister decides the same then she is seen by many as a failure as a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships