Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Calling me an autistic person huh? It's off topic anyways.

About the kick in the balls, well it is a challenge because it means we're doing something you guys wouldn't do.... at least some of us got the courage to attack back unlike most men that wouldn't fight off a bigger/stronger man than themselves but would rather continue picking on easy opponents (beating the poor girl because you don't have to put any effort to it)... now what type of challenge is that??? A coward's way out.

My previous statement still stands. I still think he overdid it and is nothing but a loser.

On second thought....

No, my apologies -- the comment should remain for all to see. Your opinion of men as a whole illustrates your dating style and your ongoing selection of partners (as well as your overall conduct) nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 06:15 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You'd be suprised at the number of women actually charged with domestic abuse. I knew a couple where the wife was the abuser and he moved out and took the kids with him and she could only see them with supervised visitation even though she never abused the children. Many abusers of a domestic partner will, in fact, abuse the children too.

According to this ABC News report there has been a startling increase in the number of women who are the perpetrators of domestic violence.

New South Wales Bureau of Crime Statistics figures show that over the past eight years, the number of women charged with domestic abuse has rocketed by 159 per cent.

Domestic violence: Women abusers on the rise - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It's not so much that they 'get away with it' rather men are typically too embarassed about it to report it so add that to the above.
Women are the primary abusers of children.

Women commit ~50% of bidirectional domestic violence.

Women commit ~70% of unidirectional domestic violence.

Despite men's average 20% size & upper-body strength advantages, they still make up 1/3 of all *reported* DV injuries.

RADAR: RADAR Media Fact Sheet

http://www.mediaradar.org/research.php

Old 11-12-2010, 07:11 AM

228 posts, read 500,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Rihanna wanted a Bad Boy with an edge; she just didn't want him to actually be bad or edgy -- you know, kind of like throwing a rock AT someone but not meaning to HIT them.
How do you know what Rihanna wanted? For one thing, Chris Brown never had a "bad boy" image. Or do you just think that all R&B artists are thugs? You make it sound as though she asked for this.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:37 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Do people really think kicking a guy in the nuts for grabbing your breasts is equivalent to tourtring him for farting during a tv show? come on...

if you're being sexually assulted or harrassed, I definetly think it's ok to retaliate and I have no idea why it would be considered "abusing" the person..?

Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
Do people really not read posts properly before they go off ranting about them ?

Come on...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
Do people really think kicking a guy in the nuts for grabbing your breasts is equivalent to tourtring him for farting during a tv show? come on...

if you're being sexually assulted or harrassed, I definetly think it's ok to retaliate and I have no idea why it would be considered "abusing" the person..?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:23 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuous1 View Post
How do you know what Rihanna wanted? For one thing, Chris Brown never had a "bad boy" image. Or do you just think that all R&B artists are thugs? You make it sound as though she asked for this.

Simple: She said this in the link I posted. She also said the very same thing on Oprah. Should I go out and find more?

As far as "asking" for this -- let's be real: NO woman in her right mind "asks" for such a thing. However TONS of women DO love the "bad boys" and will quite readily say so openly. They love them precisely because they believe themselves to be "above or beyond" his bad-boy-ness. He's tough but they bring out his sensitivity. He's cool, but with them it's different and he's warm and caring.

It's the IMAGE they love and revere, seldom stopping to take into account that this is a fairy tale they're trying to live, and any notion they have that a bad boy will treat them differently than he treats everyone else is utterly foolish.

As for Brown -- the first I ever heard of him was with the MASSIVE publicity this Rihanna thing received. I don't know what kind of image he has, nor care; further, I know full well that a stage-and-public image is NOT necessarily the real person, certainly NOT what Rihanna was dating behind the scenes.

Man-on-woman violence always gets big publicity. I'd launch into PLENTY of posts from viable sources such as ABC News and Newsweek on the way man-to-woman violence is reviled while woman-to-man violence is revered and lauded...

...but last time I did this the entire thread was shut down and deleted, and when I questioned the female mod who did this, her only response was that she had "...seen quite enough ugliness for one day." Thus ended my campaign to respond when women began to shout for proof and evidence in that thread; I provided and was shut down immediately.