Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:07 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times

Advertisements

I agree, I don't see why she is a poor friend - it was 5 freakin' years ago her husband cheated - she obviously has moved on - and possible to better things.

As for you not trusting men, that's obviously not her issue.

Yes, once again, this is being turned around. I'm not picking on you, Lisalan, but you really need to be working on some issues. Your choice of words to describe a work friend and your - what I first read - as disapproval of her for trusting the "new" (1 yr) man in her life. Further, you say that you couldn't trust any man to move in with you if you had young daughters. Not young children, but daughters only.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 11-12-2010 at 06:00 PM..

Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
So my poor friend at work's husband cheated on her 5 years ago right after the birth of their second child. She wanted the marriage to work but he had no intention of making it work. I saw her the other day. I had not seen her in over a year. I asked her how things were going and she said "I'm still seeing the fireman whoohoo!"
He moved in with her. She has a 5 year old and a 9 year old girl. Her boyfriend has a 5 yr old and a 6 yr old boy and he shares custody.
I don't know about you but how could she be so trusting of someone and move in with someone else so quickly after her divorce. I would never be able to trust a man coming into my home when I have two young girls.
What do you think?
You friend is dating fire marshall bill. Good for her.

Lisa, it sounds like you're jealous. You're happy for your friends, when their relationships are miserable. Misery loves company.

Should she move into his home with her two girls.
How long is appropriate for YOU, so she can move on with her life.

I know she didn't run it pass you first, but hey get over it.

The mods will close this thread. We all know why!

Old 11-12-2010, 02:49 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
You friend is dating fire marshall bill. Good for her.

Lisa, it sounds like you're jealous. You're happy for your friends, when their relationships are miserable. Misery loves company.

Should she move into his home with her two girls.
How long is appropriate for YOU, so she can move on with her life.

I know she didn't run it pass you first, but hey get over it.

The mods will close this thread. We all know why!

Not jealous of her sweetie. As usual you constantly jump to the WRONG conclusions

Old 11-12-2010, 02:51 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I agree, I don't see why she is a poor friend - it was 5 freakin' years ago her husband cheated - she obviously has moved on - and possible to better things.

As for you not trusting men, that's obviously not her issue.

Yes, once again, this is being turned around. I'm not picking on you, Lisalan, but you really need to be working on some issues. Your choice of words to describe a work friend and your - what I first read - as disapproval of her for trusting the "new" (1 yr) man in her life. Further, you say that you couldn't trust any man to move in with you if you had young daughters. Not young children, but daughters only.

Thanks Dr. Phil

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 11-12-2010 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: orphaned post/The post that you are referring to has been deleted

Old 11-12-2010, 04:23 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
If she's a work friend, why haven't you seen her in a year?

Regardless, I don't quite understand the point of the thread. It sounds like she has moved on and is happy, and as a friend you should be happy for her. If she has been dating him for at least a year, I'm going to assume she feels he is trustworthy. People have the right to move on with their lives and be happy, and it's not fair to assume all men are pedophiles.

I also don't understand why you would call her your poor friend. It sounds like she has moved on and things are going well for her. I say good for her, and maybe you could learn a thing or two.

Spoiler
Wanted to get my response in before the thread gets closed.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:58 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Not jealous of her sweetie. As usual you constantly jump to the WRONG conclusions
What's your problem with this woman?
Why is she poor ...

You were happy, when her hubs was cheating, then your life seem so golden. Now, she's happy with a new life and guy.

The last time you saw this woman, she was a sad mess. Now, she's happy. Her life has improved greatly. What do you do. Wow, you get on here and trash talk her.

High five to her.

Seek help Lisa, dear.

This is the prime example why some women can't develop long lasting relationships. They hate their lives, so she wants you to be sad and miserable too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships