Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:09 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,304,525 times

Advertisements

I bet he changes the men and women bathroom signs around too and sets back to wait? LMAO You are lucky lady. Many of the abused would love to have a husband like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 07:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel06 View Post
I've been married to my husband for 2-1/2 years. I am 47, he is 50. This is a second marriage for us both. We have no kids together, and no kids living with us. I knew/dated/lived with him for four years before we married. For about the first year and a half after we met, he was a "gentleman" and I fell in love with him. Then the "real" him came out, and oh how embarassing. He has absolutely no shame passing gas, belching very loudly, and behaving immaturely in public. I am not a prude - I enjoy cutting up every now and then - but I would never do the things he does. Most recently we were at my son-in-law's birthday get-together. There were about 25 people there and my husband just farted, really loudly. Everyone turned around and looked at him. I was so embarassed and he thought it was funny. Even when we are at home and it is just he and I, when he farts, he laughs every time, at the "noises they make" - so he says. He does this at ball games, grocery stores, EVERYWHERE. He knows it embarasses me but obviously does not care or does not "get it". And he's so immature that we can go into a grocery store and he arranges vegetables to look like male genitila. He does down the craft aisle in Wal-Mart and spells out dirty words with the block letters they sell. He's had 5 different jobs in the short time I've known him. He always gets fired or laid off. (He has a degree and is an accountant). I have to wonder if his employers just get fed up with his obnoxious bodily noises and smells.

I want to go places and do things, but now I just stay home to avoid the embarassment I know will come if I go anywhere with him. We still grocery shop together (because he gets upset if we don't and groceries are something we HAVE to have). I avoid getting together with friends and family, inviting company over, etc. I honestly think I would be happier if I wasn't with him. I don't enjoy being with him anymore. I have actually tried many, many times in the past to leave him (for other reasons that include lying about being seperated from his ex-wife for an entire YEAR when he actually wasn't -- and that's just the beginning of the lies). But he somehow always guilts me into staying.

I'm just tired of being bored and depressed. I know some of you (or a lot of you) will suggest counseling, but I have to say upfront that I don't see that as a possibility. I took my adopted daughter for counseling for years and all the therapists did was enable her to feel sorry for herself - I never saw any benefit from taking her, and yes, I did try several different therapists.

I think you married Peter Griffin.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:35 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
I think it is hilarious. Don't hate me girls for siding with the ham of a husband this gal has! LMAO
it'd probably make me laugh once, but every time. ??? get some new material

The farting in public, no way - that is not funny. I'd just go to things on my own if he can't behave in public. Its like having a 2 year old child

Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Originally Posted by WFW&P
2.5 + 4 = 6.5 - 1.5 (he was the gentleman)= 4.5 years you've known about this. Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Yeah, really. It seems like someone is bored at work and decided they needed to join CD and start a thread.
But his farts didn't stink until he reached 50!

Old 12-05-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
it'd probably make me laugh once, but every time. ??? get some new material

The farting in public, no way - that is not funny. I'd just go to things on my own if he can't behave in public. Its like having a 2 year old child
Oh, I am creative and never do the same thing more than once or twice. Just when you figure it out, something new. LOL I could teach him a few things. LOL You know you are good when women, men, kids and the elderly have tears in their eyes from laughing. You are born with it!

Old 12-06-2010, 06:43 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel06 View Post
I've been married to my husband for 2-1/2 years. I am 47, he is 50. This is a second marriage for us both. We have no kids together, and no kids living with us. I knew/dated/lived with him for four years before we married. For about the first year and a half after we met, he was a "gentleman" and I fell in love with him. Then the "real" him came out, and oh how embarassing. He has absolutely no shame passing gas, belching very loudly, and behaving immaturely in public. I am not a prude - I enjoy cutting up every now and then - but I would never do the things he does. Most recently we were at my son-in-law's birthday get-together. There were about 25 people there and my husband just farted, really loudly. Everyone turned around and looked at him. I was so embarassed and he thought it was funny. Even when we are at home and it is just he and I, when he farts, he laughs every time, at the "noises they make" - so he says. He does this at ball games, grocery stores, EVERYWHERE. He knows it embarasses me but obviously does not care or does not "get it". And he's so immature that we can go into a grocery store and he arranges vegetables to look like male genitila. He does down the craft aisle in Wal-Mart and spells out dirty words with the block letters they sell. He's had 5 different jobs in the short time I've known him. He always gets fired or laid off. (He has a degree and is an accountant). I have to wonder if his employers just get fed up with his obnoxious bodily noises and smells.

I want to go places and do things, but now I just stay home to avoid the embarassment I know will come if I go anywhere with him. We still grocery shop together (because he gets upset if we don't and groceries are something we HAVE to have). I avoid getting together with friends and family, inviting company over, etc. I honestly think I would be happier if I wasn't with him. I don't enjoy being with him anymore. I have actually tried many, many times in the past to leave him (for other reasons that include lying about being seperated from his ex-wife for an entire YEAR when he actually wasn't -- and that's just the beginning of the lies). But he somehow always guilts me into staying.

I'm just tired of being bored and depressed. I know some of you (or a lot of you) will suggest counseling, but I have to say upfront that I don't see that as a possibility. I took my adopted daughter for counseling for years and all the therapists did was enable her to feel sorry for herself - I never saw any benefit from taking her, and yes, I did try several different therapists.
I think his piggish behavior is one big smokescreen for your general unhappiness.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Flick a lighter in front of him and say, "Do it again and I will blow your a$$ off!!! Understood?"

Old 12-07-2010, 08:49 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIfpFTpSVQM

Old 12-07-2010, 09:53 PM

377 posts, read 1,063,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I would take a spray can of air freshener and relabel it, in large letters:
A S S H O L E Spray.

And I'd keep it in my purse. Every time he did something stupid, I'd whip that can out and spray it all around him, making sure that everyone could clearly read the label.
I'm sorry but this whole thread is making me laugh. I know the OP is seriously upset but farting in public and the whole fruit/veggie art thing and the way people are responding is funny. I can't help it. And now the ******* spray suggestion. ROTFLMAO! Sorry.....

Old 12-07-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runrgirl View Post
I'm sorry but this whole thread is making me laugh. I know the OP is seriously upset but farting in public and the whole fruit/veggie art thing and the way people are responding is funny. I can't help it. And now the ******* spray suggestion. ROTFLMAO! Sorry.....
The farting thing most guys would save for the buds or while they are alone. Maybe?????? lol The fruit and veggie prank making a d*** and b***s and spelling bad words in the craft department at WAL-MART is hilarious. If you don't think "THAT" is funny there is something wrong with you! lol lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships