Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 07:32 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I agree women in their 20's are the worst for abusing and taking advantage of the traditional good guy. They don't care because they get so much attention and have so many guy friends or lovers that will cater to them. It's just annoying how women don't appreciate the good guys until they're 40 years old with 2 ex-husbands and 4 kids.
I'm not passing judgment because let's face it....everyone has to make their own decisions on being happy.

A perfect example would be the number of attractive young gals looking to line up to marry guys like Charlie Sheen, Jesse James or in the interest of equal time...gals like Madonna, B Spears etc.

So the GENERAL facts are:
1) Young people make stupid choices and get wiser with age.
2) Women have more relationship power at younger ages...then men do after a certain age due to mortality and other factors.
3) People that allow themselves to become jaded by their own choices may sabotage their chances at future happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 07:36 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
"Charlie Sheen"

*gags*

Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
High morals = extra horny, my dear
I suppose it's true in some cases - like those who are deeply offended by our idle chat.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:38 PM

450 posts, read 5,020,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post

What I see on the opposite side are a large number of women, who think that chasing the "unattainable" is more important than finding the compatible, or that relationships are supposed to be some sort of struggle that one must work through to maintain. When things are too harmonious they see that as "boring" and begin to look elsewhere.
Great insight! I'm a woman and find that this is exactly the case with my female friends in their early 30's who have been in one unsuccessful relationship after another.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:44 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
I get tired of hearing guys call themselves "nice guys" and complain about how women won't have them. Maybe, just maybe, you are not quite as nice as you claim to be. For instance, if you put women down like many of the posters on CD, you are not nice. IMO guys that constantly lament their lack of success with women usually have issues besides being a "nice guy".

Old 11-16-2010, 08:14 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
AAAAWWWW how sweet. You sure you don't have a little bit of player in you?....lol

I so agree with hurricane DC's comment. Maybe you should try doing the opposite of what you would normally do or the people you normally attract and you just might stumble onto someone looking for the same thing that you are looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I wouldnt put pressure on yourself to find someone. Just enjoy being you in your singleness for this season in your life. And remember, theres no shame in being a nice guy....at least you can have deep respect for yourself even if that isnt cool with some women . In time you shall find a good match. I think you could speed up the process a bit if you were to go to places where nice guys are wanted...one such place is larger church Singles Ministries that have regular Group Meetings open to the public. Make a few phone calls and see where they are. Youll be in demand there and youll get a gal with high morals and faithfulness to boot. You sould like a classy guy and i wish you well.
Thank you!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I get tired of hearing guys call themselves "nice guys" and complain about how women won't have them. Maybe, just maybe, you are not quite as nice as you claim to be. For instance, if you put women down like many of the posters on CD, you are not nice. IMO guys that constantly lament their lack of success with women usually have issues besides being a "nice guy".
And that's where the 'let's define "nice guy"" thread comes into play. I really do consider myself a nice guy, as in a courteous and well-mannered person who respects others. But, I've been doing some soul-searching and recognize that I'm also rather negative.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:19 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
So I've been trying to figure out why I can't seem to find a woman to love me, apparently the old saying nice guys finish last is true. It's not really the whole nice guy thing it's the fact that women, usually in high school and college, go for the a-hole because their cool. Then they get their hearts broken by these a-holes and scare women from ever trusting or believing that nice guys actually exist, so there's the dilemma that all nice guys have. It's hard to find love when you're a nice so most of us turn into a-holes looking for nothing but one night stands and nothing serious because we too become afraid of being heart broken and feel like we'll be stuck alone missing what we all had at one time. I tried the one night stands for a while now. I'm tired of it and want to have someone there and I'm stuck in this nice guy vortex of "DOOM", and it sucks (no pun intended). So for those of you who do have someone to love and hold I want you hold them tight take in the sweet smell of their hair, the soft touch of their skin on yours that sweet kiss that feels like it could never end and the feeling of your heart beating with theirs. These are all things we take for granted when we have that love and you really don't miss it until you don't have it. Love is hard to find so don't lose it when you have it.
Bet this sounds familiar...

Escaping The Friend Zone « Citizen Renegade

Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
Originally Posted by 007.5
I think you could speed up the process a bit if you were to go to places where nice guys are wanted...one such place is larger church Singles Ministries that have regular Group Meetings open to the public. Make a few phone calls and see where they are. Youll be in demand there and youll get a gal with high morals and faithfulness to boot.

Sierra said : 'That's right! Then he'll come back here whining about not getting any even though he got hitched.'

Reply: Oh...not to worry about that ! Christian gals are known for being great and faithful lovers in a marriage. Sex is great when its surrendered to Gods standards unlike the self-centered harmful type that our culture shamelessly promotes complete with dangerous STD's and being used then dumped .

Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Reply: Oh...not to worry about that ! Christian gals are known for being great and faithful lovers in a marriage. Sex is great when its surrendered to Gods standards unlike the self-centered harmful type that our culture shamelessly promotes complete with dangerous STD's and being used then dumped .
Fine. Can't we all stick to our own?! You don't see ME preaching to you, unless provoked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships