Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Reply: Oh...not to worry about that ! Christian gals are known for being great and faithful lovers in a marriage.
Then why are Christian divorce rates between 21% and 34%? That isn't impressively better than the total percentage of divorces...

About 50% of marriages fail. What percentage of Christian marriages fail, and why do you think that numb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 09:12 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,485 times
Quote:
Sex is great when its surrendered to Gods standards unlike the self-centered harmful type that our culture shamelessly promotes complete with dangerous STD's and being used then dumped .
In other words, sex is great as long as you don't do it for pleasure. Just like Brussels sprouts are so much better than duck confit! (Sure, they give you a longer life -- but who wants to live like that??)

Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 AM

78,402 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Then why are Christian divorce rates between 21% and 34%? That isn't impressively better than the total percentage of divorces...
Conclusion fail.

That's like saying a football team going 12-4 isn't impressively better than a team that is 8-8. Well, somebody is going to the playoffs....

Old 11-17-2010, 10:42 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
You know guys, it's really not that complicated. People (both men and women) want what they can't have/is difficult to obtain/of high value, while taking for granted what they already have/is readily available/of no value.

If your 'nice guy' persona means that you are always available and always agreeable then obviously you're going to be taken for granted.

You don't have to be a jerk. All you have to do is create the impression that she has to work at getting and keeping you. That's easily done when you aren't that interested, but the more interested you are in her, the harder it becomes.

Probably the easiest way to create this 'illusion' for lack of a better word is to flirt with her while teasingly pushing her away.

What do you mean by teasingly pushing her away?

Old 11-17-2010, 11:17 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Conclusion fail.

That's like saying a football team going 12-4 isn't impressively better than a team that is 8-8. Well, somebody is going to the playoffs....
What I meant, since I didn't have the time to carefully craft my reply, was that claiming Christian superiority for success in marriage was a hollow argument.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Naw...most of you 'nice guys' aren't really all that nice. You're using that as an excuse for some other shortcomings you don't want to admit to.

I know many happily married men who are sweet, caring, loving, attentive, giving 'nice guys.'

Last edited by stan4; 11-17-2010 at 11:31 AM..

Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
Well, speaking only for myself as a "nice girl" who just got dumped for no reason, I really want a nice, mature, great guy. No one wants a jerk or a b***h, for that matter. I wish we could stop playing games like it's high school, and just say what we mean and mean what we say. We shouldn't have to alter our personalities in order to meet society's criteria. We should be able to freely be ourselves and if we like each other, great!

Old 11-17-2010, 11:56 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Fine. Can't we all stick to our own?! You don't see ME preaching to you, unless provoked.
Our own what ? You havent seen me preaching...youve seen me comparing the correct standard to the cultures standard along with the repercussions. And you certainly can preach if youd like...i mean, afterall, isnt that we are all doing anyway by sharing our thoughts/philosophy on life whether God centered or culture centered ?

Old 11-17-2010, 12:02 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
In other words, sex is great as long as you don't do it for pleasure. Just like Brussels sprouts are so much better than duck confit! (Sure, they give you a longer life -- but who wants to live like that??)
Where did you get this silly idea that Married Christians dont have sex for pleasure ?! Your not serious are you ? God himself designed sex to be enjoyed by a husband and wife and hopes theyll go at it like bunny rabbits because it fortifys a marriage .

Old 11-17-2010, 12:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Our own what ?
kind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships