Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 03:01 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Yeah I edited, but maybe too late for you to see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking
Noticed you were a lot about internet dating, that's unfortunatly not so big here... at least not for people under 35....and I'm 22. Hope that won't become a problem, because around here, there are pretty few fishes in those lakes.
I find internet dating as a good solution because it's easier on those with a fear of rejection, and lists what the woman claims she's looking for.

If internet dating isn't a solution for you, what is the most common way to find women where you are, in public and online? Also, are there ANY places to find women online where you are? Facebook? Once I know this, I'll say what I'd do on that site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking
Thing is I think I've come to a conclusion as to what's causing my skinproblems, and when i've run out of some workout supplements etc, I'm gonna give fixing myself up a good try as well as online dating. I'm also 2 weeks from starting a cutting phase to get my muscles more visible...

Something more specific I'm wondering about is how you find girls who are looking for the type of guy you are. This seems hard as the women i've met who have liked me have been met in odd places... nuclear power plant, outback gas station, taxi-stop...
Good luck on the acne and fitness. Having a good presentation will definitely increase your chances.

The question you should ask yourself is: "what qualities did any women LOVE about me"? Once you find the answer, then you can use it to your advantage to locate women online using keywords (if you can find any sites), or in public by going to places where those women hang out.

If you don't know what women in your past LOVED about you, then you need to reverse engineer the process. Figure out what YOUR ideal woman is (including what their hobbies are), become an expert in their hobbies, then go meet those women. Once you're there make a few friends and get them to give you constructive criticism. They are also useful for setting you up with other women, as long as you befriend the right girls who know a lot of women.

For example: I like hispanic women. Over the years, I learned all I could about the various cultures, learned how to salsa, worked hard on my Espanol, etc. I attended the clubs and other places where they hang out, made friends, etc. Those friends told me what I needed to do to be successful with women like them, and also set me up with women they knew, put in a good word. I also went online to dating sites and searched keywords for hispanic women who were into smart black guys and not thuggish ones. Most sites list what ethnicities women are looking for. None of this may be valid for you since you say people don't date online where you are. But that is what I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 05:32 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,619 times
i hate how it always has come down to a guy's character, attitude, social-skills, conversation skills, mentality, way of thinking, overall, why is it that the standards that girls, women expect in men make the guy a better overall person, but not the other way around? it's like girls want the whole package, meanwhile most guys only want half the package

Old 12-07-2011, 05:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
i hate how it always has come down to a guy's character, attitude, social-skills, conversation skills, mentality, way of thinking, overall, why is it that the standards that girls, women expect in men make the guy a better overall person, but not the other way around? it's like girls want the whole package, meanwhile most guys only want half the package
Why??? Because those things pretty much comprise who you are.

You may want half the package, but any man I've dated has wanted a girl who didn't just look great, but was smart, had a career, etc.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:46 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,775 times
Quote:
I think that most people know what "good" looks like. Now actually being "good" is totally different. I believe it has more to do with those who enjoy being on the receiving end of a "good" person but don't like giving it first. Giving it first is the start of being a "good" person.

Now, women here on the forum may explain what kind of man they like but that doesn't mean they don't hold themselves to a high standard. They give it first and don't wait for somebody to prove themselves good.

Last edited by crisan; 12-07-2011 at 07:14 PM..

Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:

If I was being judged solely on my character, attitude, social skills, conversation skills and mentality I doubt I'd have as much trouble with men. I have a LOT of male friends and they all think the world of me, and really enjoy my company (and vise versa, obviously) but none of them would ever consider me a dating prospect. I've mentioned it to a few of them and they've all told me it's my physical appearance. I'm too tall, not that attractive and have surgery scars that detract from my appearance.

Women are generally judged almost solely by their appearance and men are judged by things they have a bit of control over. I'd much rather be judged on my personality rather than my looks.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:55 AM

143 posts, read 192,844 times
I've fallen for a lot of men in my day, and what really makes someone the most attractive is that they are fun to be around. They make jokes, they laugh, they're comfortable being themselves, they aren't all serious and uptight. Seriously, I have fallen for so many men just because they made me laugh.

There was this one guy I knew for a couple of years, and I would classify him as the "nicest" guy I knew. We were always running into each other, and we hung out a lot, played pool, saw bands, etc. He was really cute, he worked with the mentally ill. He was always telling me about these nice things he did for other people, how helpful he was, what a good guy, etc. The problem was, he had no sense of humor whatsoever. I made jokes and he didn't understand I was being funny. (Or maybe I just suck at telling jokes ) I can't remember a single time we actually shared a laugh. He was just so uptight and serious, I couldn't picture going out with him.

I don't know if it is possible for someone without a sense of humor to just develop one. But when I hear guys complaining about not getting girls because they are too nice, all I can think is that the reality is, they are not very fun. You can't be a wallflower, you have to talk to people, you have to put yourself out there, you can't take yourself too seriously. Just chill out and have fun, and if you're having fun then other people will want to join your party.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:03 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
My man doesn't declare himself 'nice'. I do. He doesn't like it but he is. But he isn't 'whipped' in any way. In fact, he's the first guy in my life who has me whipped. There's so much misconception about 'nice guys'. I think few know what a real one is.
I think there's a difference between the guys who call themselves "nice guys" and guys who are nice. Your man may be nice, but he doesn't sound like a nice guy. Nice guys are annoying. They sound perfect on paper but anyone who has a little dating experience knows they are obnoxious and boring. No woman wants a guy she can walk all over and still have him crawling back.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If I was being judged solely on my character, attitude, social skills, conversation skills and mentality I doubt I'd have as much trouble with men. I have a LOT of male friends and they all think the world of me, and really enjoy my company (and vise versa, obviously) but none of them would ever consider me a dating prospect. I've mentioned it to a few of them and they've all told me it's my physical appearance. I'm too tall, not that attractive and have surgery scars that detract from my appearance.

Women are generally judged almost solely by their appearance and men are judged by things they have a bit of control over. I'd much rather be judged on my personality rather than my looks.
Unless you're hitting your head on the top of the door frame, no such thing.

I haven't seen your face, but I would think your body alone would be enough to have the men lining up.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:30 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaKendall View Post
I've fallen for a lot of men in my day, and what really makes someone the most attractive is that they are fun to be around. They make jokes, they laugh, they're comfortable being themselves, they aren't all serious and uptight. Seriously, I have fallen for so many men just because they made me laugh.

There was this one guy I knew for a couple of years, and I would classify him as the "nicest" guy I knew. We were always running into each other, and we hung out a lot, played pool, saw bands, etc. He was really cute, he worked with the mentally ill. He was always telling me about these nice things he did for other people, how helpful he was, what a good guy, etc. The problem was, he had no sense of humor whatsoever. I made jokes and he didn't understand I was being funny. (Or maybe I just suck at telling jokes ) I can't remember a single time we actually shared a laugh. He was just so uptight and serious, I couldn't picture going out with him.

I don't know if it is possible for someone without a sense of humor to just develop one. But when I hear guys complaining about not getting girls because they are too nice, all I can think is that the reality is, they are not very fun. You can't be a wallflower, you have to talk to people, you have to put yourself out there, you can't take yourself too seriously. Just chill out and have fun, and if you're having fun then other people will want to join your party.
Ah...but, life *is* serious...

In the hypothetical event some unforeseen major tragedy or accident were to occur to you for example, that resulted in say for example, paralysis...would you want the "nice", "serious" guy with no sense of humor to care for you, lovingly? Even though he has no sense of humor, he will faithfully and patiently love and care for you. Or...a guy with a sense of humor, but who will also, at the first hint of tragedy or medical complication, be gone and disappear from your life in the next moment, because he can't handle the gravity of the situation?

ETA: Just some thoughts anyway...I brought up a similar theoretical situation earlier in another post from yesteryear. But as a man, and while humor is actually important, I still think that its importance is greatly and heavily overexaggerated.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Ah...but, life *is* serious...

In the hypothetical event some unforeseen major tragedy or accident were to occur to you for example, that resulted in say for example, paralysis...would you want the "nice", "serious" guy with no sense of humor to care for you, lovingly? Even though he has no sense of humor, he will faithfully and patiently love and care for you. Or...a guy with a sense of humor, but who will also, at the first hint of tragedy or medical complication, be gone and disappear from your life in the next moment, because he can't handle the gravity of the situation?

ETA: Just some thoughts anyway...I brought up a similar theoretical situation earlier in another post from yesteryear. But as a man, and while humor is actually important, I still think that its importance is greatly and heavily overexaggerated.
You'd need a good sense of humor to get through that kind of medical tragedy. And why the implication that a funny man is more likely to bolt than a serious man? Just because a man has an austere demeanor doesn't mean he would be loving and caring. The two traits are entirely unrelated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships