Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:13 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
being the ncie giys SUCKCS DICK! i wish I was naturally a douchebag or *******
Give it time. When you have sat in enough traffic **** in the DC area, fighting with these morons who don't know how to drive, you'll turn into a d00$h.

I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 07:13 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
My best friend, age 45 with a husband and three children, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have a double mastectomy. She was posting pictures for us of smiley faces taped to her chest and saying "This is what my new boobs are going to look like -- what do you think, too much?" (She got reconstruction at the same time so she only had to have one operation.)

She is hilarious...believe it or not, she laughed her way through a brain tumor as well (benign) 10 years ago.

She's totally responsible, a great wife and parent. A serious minded person won't necessarily get through a medical crisis better. Being funny doesn't mean being incapable and irresponsible. Neither a serious nor a funny (generally) person has an edge on getting through crises better, at least from my POV.

Knight, I hear what you're saying and that's your personality...so by the same token, don't think "every" woman wants a funny man! Trust me on that one. I lean toward "funny" but again, that's my personality. We all deal with things differently so don't be disheartened when you keep hearing a woman wants a man "with a sense of humor." That is by no means all of the female population.
Thanks for your post. I sure admire your friend!

Old 12-09-2011, 07:37 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times
My husband's first wife had several affairs. She kept "kicking him out" and "wanting him back" at the end of their (long) marriage. He said he felt like a "yo-yo!"...Finally he decided that it was time to end things and go back out into the world on his own. He wanted to be happy. He didn't want to get stuck in anger and blame and resentment because he knew this would affect his chance to be happy...I had my own share of heartache and disappointments from the past. (And "broken" relationships.) But I didn't want to become bitter or get stuck in non-stop self-pity either because I knew this wasn't the path to being happy...When my husband and I met we were ready to have fun together and gave each other a chance. (Despite our disappointments from the past.)...I dated a few other men who didn't seem to have this same desire to be happy "no matter what!" They hadn't come to terms with their past very well. But my husband did and he truly wanted to be happy. He wanted to have fun! And I did too!

Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I'm only an inch shorter but I always felt I got more than my fair share of male attention. But maybe the environment really is a major factor. I've only lived in a college town and a moderately sized city (about 1 million) and my friends are always joking about how they hate going out with me because they don't get any male attention when I'm around.

But I think it can be tough to be a lady in the 5'10 to 6'2 range. Shorter than that and you're considered normal and taller than that and you're hitting a fetish height, but 5'10-6'2 doesn't quite qualify for either.
My entire county has less than 275,000 people in it... My town has 1600 and the closest 'city' has 45,000. So, I think a big part of my problem is simply the lack of available people. Whenever I go to a larger city (LA, Vegas, San Francisco etc). I get plenty of attention. I love rural life... But it might be time to move to the big city

Old 12-09-2011, 04:43 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
I find internet dating as a good solution because it's easier on those with a fear of rejection, and lists what the woman claims she's looking for.

If internet dating isn't a solution for you, what is the most common way to find women where you are, in public and online? Also, are there ANY places to find women online where you are? Facebook? Once I know this, I'll say what I'd do on that site.
The thing is meeting is mainly done in clubs and bars, and although I've been at many bars and clubs by now, I've never felt at ease being there, I'm actually more uncomfortable than excited about these types of places.
(Swedish culture; we drink until we go horizontal, then we ask the bartender for a straw...don't get me wrong, it usually doesn't include me.)

But there is a lot more than I thought, just 2 years ago I'd typically find 5 women within a 50 mile radius who was my age-range but now it's up to 350~within 20 miles...

Quote:
Good luck on the acne and fitness. Having a good presentation will definitely increase your chances.
The thing with the acne is that i have quite pale skin,(no sh1t I'm nordic), so the red dots stick out a lot and I think that most women will accept a pimple or two, but not 2 dozens...

Quote:
The question you should ask yourself is: "what qualities did any women LOVE about me"? Once you find the answer, then you can use it to your advantage to locate women online using keywords (if you can find any sites), or in public by going to places where those women hang out.
When i think back, what women who I've been with have complemented me on have been my arms in particular and also general build, sometimes intelligence.

Quote:
If you don't know what women in your past LOVED about you, then you need to reverse engineer the process. Figure out what YOUR ideal woman is (including what their hobbies are), become an expert in their hobbies, then go meet those women. Once you're there make a few friends and get them to give you constructive criticism. They are also useful for setting you up with other women, as long as you befriend the right girls who know a lot of women.

For example: I like hispanic women. Over the years, I learned all I could about the various cultures, learned how to salsa, worked hard on my Espanol, etc. I attended the clubs and other places where they hang out, made friends, etc. Those friends told me what I needed to do to be successful with women like them, and also set me up with women they knew, put in a good word. I also went online to dating sites and searched keywords for hispanic women who were into smart black guys and not thuggish ones. Most sites list what ethnicities women are looking for. None of this may be valid for you since you say people don't date online where you are. But that is what I did.
Ethnicity isn't made a deal here, people are basically colorblind, as we never did the whole slave-thing.
I got an account, and here is what I wrote if i translate it to english:

"I'm an engineer student who also study some economics on the side, along with a part-time job. I have a large interest for fitness, body and health and most things connect to it. I like most thing within sports, meaning to practicing them not watching (so don't worry about hockey/soccer nights), exception for when people I know play.
Otherwise it's pretty much the usual; friends, movies, travels and whatever else fun that comes to mind.

Who I'm searching for is not someone with something specifically important thing in itself, I'm more looking for someone with a compatible personality than someone with a lot of in-commons.
"

What I'm trying to say with the last sentence is that I don't have any particular criteria, but rather for combinations of good qualities that work well with me as well as personal chemistry.

I put it up last night(got a bit too curious to wait, lol), so far 7 women have looked at my profile, 1 sent an email to me exchanging some initial pleasantries, but I found her specs on what she's looking for differing from what I am quite a lot, and it would take either of us more than 90 minutes to travel to the other...

Last edited by SwedishViking; 12-09-2011 at 04:56 PM..

Old 12-09-2011, 04:57 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Give it time. When you have sat in enough traffic **** in the DC area, fighting with these morons who don't know how to drive, you'll turn into a d00$h.

I have.
Becoming a douche is easy, reverting the process is harder...

Old 12-10-2011, 06:00 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,961,723 times
Quality know quality. Why would you want a woman who like drama in her life. If a woman likes the bad boys that's what she will probably get.. Go for the good girl. A women in the streets and a ______ between the sheets only for you and you for her..

There are many women today who are bitter as hell because they hooked up with the bad boy.. It may be fun in the beginning but at some point life will kick in and she will see the man she chose real quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships