Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 07:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
There is also a difference in being a doormat and being discouraged

Absolutely! But women generally don't go for doormats. It's also quite easy to pick out a discouraged guy and personally, I won't deal with that. Speaking of drama.... discouraged, cynical guys (and gals for that matter) are a downer for everyone. Why would I hang out with a man who is constantly down on himself and discouraged?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 07:18 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi HurricaneDC,

There is always a niche and there is always a groupie for that niche. Excel in that niche. If you do, you will believe and nature takes its course. The love and adoration of a woman is not an entitlement. If it were, it might be a little boring anyway.

Exactly.

For instance, I adore you - but this evening you have earned it

Old 11-11-2010, 07:23 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dynamo View Post
"Footballfreak": Welcome to the club.

Only thing you can do is be yourself... and laugh at all those clueless, pathetic women (there are a LOT) who went for the machoman, the bad dude, the rocker, etc. and are now miserably divorced and raising 2-4 kids on their own, and are crying that all men are jerks.
will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
This thread really makes me want to reach for some hard liquor.
I feel the same way as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Hey at least you're getting laid. That would be good enough for me. Looking for love is for suckers anyway. Can't control when it will come. I'm not really searching for that as much as just a good lay for the time being.
True and I have thought about that too. I'm not ready to go out and get married at such a young age, I just want a relationship and see where it leads, ya know. But yes getting laid is great.

Last edited by BacktoBlue; 11-11-2010 at 07:32 PM..

Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Exactly.

For instance, I adore you - but this evening you have earned it

Hi LovesMountains,

Thank You.

I am glad to have been of service. I don't suppose a few of our guests are even apprised as to how loathsome a creature I can become in the eyes of fair company, discussing sensitive topics, tied to a derailed train on my Socratic method cow splitter.... In other words, nice in context, but trumped by principle. Yet here I am saying thank you.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:38 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Quote:
I feel the same way as well.
------
But yes getting laid is great.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:41 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
But there's no emotional bond with one night stands. I have had girlfriends before in high school, but now that I am in college, it is hard to find a woman.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:42 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dynamo View Post
"Footballfreak": Welcome to the club.

Only thing you can do is be yourself... and laugh at all those clueless, pathetic women (there are a LOT) who went for the machoman, the bad dude, the rocker, etc. and are now miserably divorced and raising 2-4 kids on their own, and are crying that all men are jerks.
But that is saying, there are only two types of guys: the nice guy and the jerk but neither can keep the woman. So who exactly is keeping their women? That is who you might want to look into.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
But there's no emotional bond with one night stands. I have had girlfriends before in high school, but now that I am in college, it is hard to find a woman.
Yeah, I mean I'd love a woman. That'd be awesome. But hell even sex would be decent enough for now. The hand gets tiresome after a while. If I had the money and lived in Vegas I'd go to a bunny ranch right now haha.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Seriously now, you and Hurricane have a golden opportunity here to actually LEARN something that will benefit you in your quest for having a woman in your life.

The real men that responded to you gave you some really good insight and advice.

Go ahead and ignore the wisdom they shared if you want, but realize you do so at the cost of remaining alone.

I hope you choose the path of wisdom!

Old 11-11-2010, 07:50 PM

I'm not ignoring it, it just revealed the obvious to me: I'm a pretty ****ing dull person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships