Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:26 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Many clothing-optional beaches are popular with gay men,
and men typically outnumber women on clothing optional beaches in "westernized" countries.
Given that, I'm curious if women also know that and would be suspicious of a guy prefering men or "batting for both teams,"
or just feel very-uncomfortable knowing that he's probably also seeing some naked women.

Thoughts?
Perhaps it is different in Europe, but my experience with nude beaches in the US are that they are not as cool as they sound. No hot bods anywhere, generally an older crowd-and by older I do not mean 45, and generally people you don't want to see naked in public.

So, if anyone I was dating cruised nude beaches for a date, then I might be inclined to turn them down. But, not because they may be batting for the other team.

Quote:
Well some of the beaches,
most of their patrons are might be from the LBTQ community.
It seems a popular gathering place for them.

So nothing against a guy tanning in the buff?
Yeah, I could see how a guy who's a "switch-hitter" wouldn't be appealing to most women.
I avoid supermarkets because most of their patrons might be from the LBTQ community. And that is gross.

I am not against anyone tanning in the buff as long as it is in an appropriate place. If that is what they want to do, that is their business. There is always the option of looking in another direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 11:07 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I'd go with him..

Old 11-13-2010, 11:09 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,845 times
It would be a huge turn off. So, yes, I would turn him down.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:17 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Perhaps it is different in Europe, but my experience with nude beaches in the US are that they are not as cool as they sound. No hot bods anywhere, generally an older crowd-and by older I do not mean 45, and generally people you don't want to see naked in public.

So, if anyone I was dating cruised nude beaches for a date, then I might be inclined to turn them down. But, not because they may be batting for the other team.
Most of the beaches I've been to have a lot of people under 45, or at least very few visible seniors.
(not that I mind, just saying seniors aren't the majority)
This beach in North Miami is no different in age range that I've seen:

Haulover Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you misunderstood my comments about why I was mentioning it being popular with the LBTQ community.
I don't mind that it is popular with the LBTQ community,
just that I was curious if it was very uncommon for straight men to go to clothing-optional beaches,
as it is for straight men to wear "Daisy-Duke" shorts in summer... (extremely unlikely? )
which might lead to assumptions of men who go there, for similar reasons with the Daisy-Dukes.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:54 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'd go with him..
Agree. I'm not sure why the OP thinks gay men are the only men on clothing optional beaches. I've been to plenty CO beaches as well as CO vacation homes / B&Bs in Key West. Even at the one I attended frequently in KW, there were only a handful of times I ran into gay men. And if I did................so freaking what? Why would I have a problem with that?

Old 11-13-2010, 03:07 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Agree. I'm not sure why the OP thinks gay men are the only men on clothing optional beaches. I've been to plenty CO beaches as well as CO vacation homes / B&Bs in Key West. Even at the one I attended frequently in KW, there were only a handful of times I ran into gay men. And if I did................so freaking what? Why would I have a problem with that?
I don't. But I was curious if people assume most men who go are gay.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Once you go buff you don't wanna go back, lol. Yeah nude bathing seems almost a hippie type thing here, few hot younger gals and guys. Maybe in Europe? lol. Seriously it feels so much better swimming nude though, find bathers an encmberance. Women who care so much about such things are a tad prudish imo.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:39 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I avoid supermarkets because most of their patrons might be from the LBTQ community. And that is gross.
Wait ... what? Or are you being sarcastic?

Old 11-16-2010, 10:43 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
Quote:
Many clothing-optional beaches are popular with gay men,
and men typically outnumber women on clothing optional beaches in "westernized" countries.
Given that, I'm curious if women also know that and would be suspicious of a guy prefering men or "batting for both teams,"
or just feel very-uncomfortable knowing that he's probably also seeing some naked women.

Thoughts?

Hmm.. I don't think this would bother me. I mean, if that's "your" thing that's fine. It doesn't have to my thing in order for us to get along. I used to be friends with a woman who belonged to a nudist colony. She had a very respectable day job but then she spent her weekends at that place. To each his own.

If your post is asking if I'd be upset that MY man is going to a nudist beach or clothing optional, it depends... am I going? Is he going with other men and hanging out all day taking in the sites? I mean, there are a lot of factors. I will say this, if I met a man and he told me up front that he goes to said beach, I'd be like, "hmm.... ok" and I admit, I'd have to think about it and find out more information. But, if my current b/f who would never and has never frequented said beach suddenly came to me and said he wanted to go, yeah, we may have a problem.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Is this a joke??

What is the deal with these goofy ass threads.
LOL.. thinking the exact same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships