Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 05:23 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Same here, I've had some really great ex's, two of them even came to my wedding
I've got a couple of ex's that I'd help out in a sec..... good women, we just went different directions.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 05:29 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,504 times
Quote:
Same here, I've had some really great ex's, two of them even came to my wedding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've got a couple of ex's that I'd help out in a sec..... good women, we just went different directions.....
You both are fortunate. I had a couple like that before moving to FL. lost touch, perfectly natural. Past couple have been a little cray-zey. Oh well

Old 11-14-2010, 05:33 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
You both are fortunate. I had a couple like that before moving to FL. lost touch, perfectly natural. Past couple have been a little cray-zey. Oh well
'm sure we all have. I had one or two crazies too, they only lasted about a week with me.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:38 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,504 times
Quote:
'm sure we all have. I had one or two crazies too, they only lasted about a week with me.
If nothing else, it makes me examine that person for psychotic potential very early on in the relationship.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:12 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
I don't keep in touch with the ex-wife, and would not want to. I have several ex-g/f's I stay in touch with to varying degrees - a lot depends on how and why we broke up and whether there is the potential for drama (which I avoid). I've stayed in touch with one ex-g/f for 35 years, and we see each other whenever I'm in town. Most, though, have drifted away over the years - there are only a few who are good enough friends to be worth the effort.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:47 AM

66 posts, read 134,787 times
I don't have an ex-wife but I do have several ex-gfs.

The last ex-gf is now married (for the second time). The circumstances that revolve around our break-up were complicated. Our communication is limited to internet chat that happens, on average, maybe once a month (whenever I catch her online). We talk about trivial items, what my family is like, what her family is like. We reminisce once in a long while but nobody has any inclination to rebuild the fire, that part is long gone.

The first ex-gf managed to get a hold of me after more than 20 years. She sent a picture and amazingly she changed very little since when I dated her. It took her merely a few weeks of conversations over the phone before she pissed me off. She quickly reminded me why I couldn't stand her and she didn't even have to try. Something about her demeanor just makes me want to strangle her. However, I have to say that she is the only one who can turn me inside out, **** me off, and who I can lust over so bad simultaneously. It's like that one person who is very bad for you yet you can't resist the effects s/he brings upon you.

As for the rest, I haven't been in contact with since I broke up with them. None matter anyway and it will require too much effort to initiate/keep in contact. I'm sure I can find them again but it's a moot point.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:54 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
No contact here. I have seen him once at the grocery store. Judging by the obvious effort he made to pretend not to see me, I'd say he has no desire for any contact. Feeling is mutual! Sometimes I see him driving down the road but that's it. The contact I SHOULD have had with him this last year is in the courtroom, but I just wanted to move on.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:57 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,315,874 times
My first husband became like a "brother" or "cousin" to me all through my life...We were both "only kids" and didn't have "extended families" around us...When I remarried later in life my ex-husband and new husband became friends too...We all spent Christmas Eve at my former Mother-in-law's house and spent Christmas Day together at my parent's house...My former Mother-in-law treated my new husband like her "beloved nephew." We all became "family" together....My ex-husband died of cancer a few years back when he was only 51. Sad! My current husband died of cancer a few months ago....They both died way "too young."

Old 11-15-2010, 09:09 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Unfortunately, I've had to be in contact with the ex as we still have a car loan together. Other than that, there would be no reason for any contact at all. But I do still speak to his mother..

Old 11-15-2010, 09:14 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
I am still quasi-friends with one of my exes. We split amicably and talk from time to time. We're both married, no big deal.

The rest of them, no. One of them did contact me on Facebook with a friend request, but we did not part as friends so why would I want to be friends now? He's still a dirtbag from what I hear. I sent him a polite note that I had no hard feelings but didn't want to be his friend, even on Facebook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships