Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:34 AM

66 posts, read 134,640 times

Advertisements

Dating/relationship requires work to initiate, to maintain, and to end. Regardless of its nature, whether you are playing any kind of game at one extreme or you are true/loyal to your date/significant other/spouse at the opposite extreme, it will require work/effort.

Sorry, no free lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 08:24 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,255,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo2929 View Post
Im a young guy in my twenties and Im currently single. To me, dating and everything just seems exausting. Dont get me wrong, I like to go out and party and have fun but its like I would just like to skip ahead about fifteen yrs. have a good women to love and chrerish, have a small family and just be done with it. I realize you cant have a wife without dating but realy? I dont want to go out there and play all these games that are being played by my generation nowadays. Is this normal???
not everyone in your generation IS playing games.You say "dating and everything" is exausting to you? if THAT's exausting to you, you'd better think twice about the family you say you want.You sound to me like you want it all, but you don't want to do ANYTHING for it, ...makes me wonder what kind of husband and father you would be ..

Old 11-15-2010, 08:30 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,760,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Your best bet is going to be to meet women who have a walk with God and desire values, morals, and ethics for her life ; you can often find this variety at larger church Singles Ministries , Christian Online Dating, and Christian Dating magazines .
Or find one who walks with Mickey Mouse. Stay away from Donald Duck though, he's the anti-christ.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:38 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,588,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
not everyone in your generation IS playing games.You say "dating and everything" is exausting to you? if THAT's exausting to you, you'd better think twice about the family you say you want.You sound to me like you want it all, but you don't want to do ANYTHING for it, ...makes me wonder what kind of husband and father you would be ..
Good point. Marriage, a family, and kids are nice but require a lot of selfless sacrifice.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,700,789 times
Quote:
Im a young guy in my twenties and Im currently single. To me, dating and everything just seems exausting. Dont get me wrong, I like to go out and party and have fun but its like I would just like to skip ahead about fifteen yrs. have a good women to love and chrerish, have a small family and just be done with it. I realize you cant have a wife without dating but realy? I dont want to go out there and play all these games that are being played by my generation nowadays. Is this normal???

well, here's the thing..

if you don't care what she looks like, then sure, you can find exactly what you want, and it will be simple and easy.

if you're a normal twentysomething male, you're somewhat of a slave to your biology.

Last edited by le roi; 11-15-2010 at 08:51 AM..

Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,468,253 times
Quote:
You should just marry lisalan! You wont even have to ever let her see your butt!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:11 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,764,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
Find someone conservative with good family life. Perhaps they have more similar goals to you. BTW if you think your problems are over when your married, I'd disagree. Thats when all the problems you didnt have while you were dating come out.
Getting married simply opens up a new set of problems versus singleness ; you MAY increase your pleasure but you definetly increase problems or the potential for them. If someone isnt patient or doesnt like to negotiate / surrender much...then marriage is most likely not for you.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:11 PM

113 posts, read 108,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Ok, I think you took it the wrong way but whatever. Its not that I dont want to do anything for it. I cant explain in a way you might understand better but hey, if your comfortable passing judgments on someone you dont even know by reading a post that says, hey, im a mature guy at a young age and want to settle down already, well then thats your biz. Its pretty apparent what type of guy or girl your into, wonder how many times you have been dumped, cheated on, lied to, etc. { See, I can pass judgments too ! }

Old 11-15-2010, 03:56 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,774,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Yeah I think it's different from the norm. Seems like most people your age are just interested in ****ing like wild rabbits with a new person each week. I get how you feel though, I'd like to just press 'skip' and end up with "the one" and not have to deal with the bull**** that is dating.
What he said!!!! I mean it's great to learn and meet people but yeah, I'm ready to press fast forward to the good part now.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:15 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,255,581 times
I'd be very interested in your opinion or ideas of what kind of "guy or girl" you think I'd be interested in. Bare in mind I've been happily married for 35 years..You did ask for another's opinion on weather you're normal or not..I think you're perfectly normal thinking like you do. but perhaps a little unrealistic..And beleive me when I say , I did not pass judgement on you, and most certainly did not mean to offend you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships