Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Chow, have we not discussed your man's card many time before...?

Don't worry. There was a time I had such delusions, too.
Yeah, I should pretty much turn my man card in, for as much Oprah I've been watching lately, I practically have to sit down now when I pee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 06:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I should pretty much turn my man card in, for as much Oprah I've been watching lately, I practically have to sit down now when I pee.
That's OK, baby! You won't spray around and won't have to bother with the seat!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,939 times
In my opinion, you should accept her , as long as true love, why can not ?

Old 11-17-2010, 05:39 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
I would never in my life want to be friends with the opposite sex. I just don't think unisex friendships really work. The only female friend I would ever have is a significant other or spouse.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:56 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Just ran across this thread and figured I'd finally say something about the topic...

What I believe many are missing here is the spiritual-bond aspect. Not to go all New-Agey on your butts, but at a certain level of evolution one CAN go beyond the body's desires, learn to live peacefully with one's mind and instincts and become friends with ANY gender without feeling physical urges.

I'm talking about soul-connection, mind-melding, softwiring, whatever you want to call it - individuals are just a network of energy connected to each other in ways physical, mental and spiritual.

And yes, I've put theory into practice many times.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Just ran across this thread and figured I'd finally say something about the topic...

What I believe many are missing here is the spiritual-bond aspect. Not to go all New-Agey on your butts, but at a certain level of evolution one CAN go beyond the body's desires, learn to live peacefully with one's mind and instincts and become friends with ANY gender without feeling physical urges.

I'm talking about soul-connection, mind-melding, softwiring, whatever you want to call it - individuals are just a network of energy connected to each other in ways physical, mental and spiritual.

And yes, I've put theory into practice many times.
I feel so blessed to have finally acquired such an evolved "friend"!

Old 11-17-2010, 06:18 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,415,160 times
Of course you can be "just friends" with the opposite gender. If you let something like gender get in the way of being able to have any kind of friendship with a person, then truly, you are an idiot.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Of course you can be "just friends" with the opposite gender. If you let something like gender get in the way of being able to have any kind of friendship with a person, then truly, you are an idiot.
That's right! It takes a stroke of Mr. Weatherfan's genius to wipe off millions of years of interaction between the genders!

Old 11-17-2010, 06:28 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Can you just be friends with the opposite sex?

Absolutely. I have several female friends and have never wanted more than friendship with any of them. This idea that there is always sexual tension between men and women is ridiculous. Here's a newsflash. Not every man is attracted to every woman and not every woman is attracted to every man. And even being attracted to someone doesn't necessarily mean you can't be friends with them. I have one female friend who I find very attractive. But I've known her long enough to know why we're completely wrong for one another.

As for the OP's situation, yes it's awkward when your friend wants more from you than you're willing to give. But you should separate her being a mother from that. I have friends who are single fathers and their having kids sometimes makes it hard to be friends with them, mainly because, as you pointed out, it's hard to plan get-togethers given their parental responsibilities.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I feel so blessed to have finally acquired such an evolved "friend"!
You are indeed lucky, little one, that you did not share the fate of so many others when they first encountered a living god...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships