Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:37 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
There have been several threads about "nice guys finishing last." I thought I'd start a thread about women. Do you think that "nice women finish last?" Just curious....
Absolutely, yes, we do.

Men complain about skanks and drama, but that's what they go for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 11:42 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Nice girls don't finish last, but doormats finish under someone's feet.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,171 times
No, nice women don't finish last, but those who won't grow a spine and set boundaries when necessarily absolutely do finish last.

A word of advice to the nice and the not-so-nice women in the "race" Make sure you're running with the a crowd who will back you up, not trample you, and make sure the prize you're running after is a prize you actually want.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:55 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
Quote:
There have been several threads about "nice guys finishing last." I thought I'd start a thread about women. Do you think that "nice women finish last?" Just curious....
When I was dating online I specifically looked for qualities that were becoming of "Nice Girls" as many other girls lacked a general respect for me that I had dated in the past. I found my girl that I'm with now because she seemed very nice, she was a teacher, she did charity work, and she was very close with her family. Those qualities stood out and everything about her tells me she's a nice girl and I love that about her.

I sure would hope that I treat her well and that I make her happy, so hopefully she didn't "finish last".........

Old 02-14-2011, 12:25 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,997 times
Quote:
Sometimes, but in most cases, because they are "nice" they open themselves up to a broader spectrum of available men and are able to find a man who, while not the type who makes their girlfriends jealous, is a far better catch in the long run.

However, they must be careful to not let their "niceness" make them a push over for agressive men who are only interested in using them.

To a large extent, they have almost the opposite problem of "nice" men who are avoided by many women who are overly concerned about their standing among their peers.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
With all respect intended, I respectfully disagree with the bolded portions below, if only b/c in my own experience from what I observed while I was in college, the proverbial "nice girls" described, were always the very first to be taken in a relationship, and be married -- *way above* all of the other kinds of gals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Yes, they do, no matter what some of the "poor Men" crowd might think or shrew or attempt to justify.

Nice Girls often fall into precisely the same roles and problems so-called Nice Guys do: They end up as confidante but not girlfriend; they become the sounding board for girl problems, much like the shoulder to cry on.

They spend time longing from afar, lacking confidence to simply step up (based on just as much bad experience as the Nice Guys), and they'd rather remain in that friend-role and hurt-yet-hope than to lose out entirely.

They often spend their time pursuing Mr. Handsome-yet-Unattainable, wondering why he can't see them for how great they are, how nicely they treat him, how wonderfully they'd treat him if only he'd choose them over Ms-Boobs-a-lot and her perkier-than-perkies.

They pass up Nice Guys but they don't consider it "passing up" anything, because the Nice Guys claim to be nice but are really just shallow jerks... UN-like them, you see, because they deserve Mr. Handsome, and they're waiting in the wings for him, faithful wallflowers 'til the bitter end.

Yes, Nice Girls also finish last, and to anyone with eyes, the title Nice Girl is just as detrimental as Nice Guy has come to be.

The ONLY advantage Nice Girls have (IF one can call it an advantage at all) is that they CAN get laid easier than Nice Guys, because all they have to do is briefly lower their standards OR hang out until closing time, and SOME guy will have sex with them, from the Handsome-and-drunk User who's looking to bust one in anything that will move, whom they despise yet pray he actually calls back, all the way to Mr. Clingy and Desperate, whom they despise the next day only marginally more than they despise themselves, although that margin grows wider with each passing day AFTER that.

And for the record: Being nice doesn't make one a Nice Guy OR Nice Girl.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-14-2011 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: Corrected grammar

Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
The barometer used to measure girls is much different than the one girls use to measure guys.

Nice guys do finish last.

Nice girls definitely do not finish last. Every guy I know, including myself, desires a nice girl. Girls who finish last would include girls who have sex very easily, girls with mental problems or a lot of drama, and girls with a generally crappy outlook on life. Even an ugly or overweight girl who respects herself (in both dress and attitude), has a positive outlook on life, and has no dramatic BS in her life WILL land a guy if she wants to.
Amen brother

Old 02-14-2011, 12:45 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,561 times
It's a problem of perception! When most people think of certain nice guy, or a certain nice girl, they usually associate that moniker with somebody whose nice, but downtrodden. They usually don't think about that wonderful couple whose been married 60 years, they both go out dancing every Friday night to this day, and are both on the boards of charities.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
They do finish last. Guys say they want a nice girl, but they don't. They prefer the women who are more easy to deal with, daring and a little on the promiscuous side.
^^^^ bolded part above

Haha, simply not true! As a guy, I *strongly* prefer a sweet, nice, caring and compassionate, (legal-aged) virgin, if I like a potential girl. Definitely *not* promiscuous...no way, no how!

Old 02-14-2011, 12:53 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Nope.

Guys like 'nice' women. They don't threaten their masculinity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships