Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 10:29 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,316,466 times

Advertisements

There have been several threads about "nice guys finishing last." I thought I'd start a thread about women. Do you think that "nice women finish last?" Just curious....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 10:39 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
It's an interesting thought provoking question. "Do nice women finish last?" Hmm... I'd say that nice women have a still better chance than nice guys because of the simple fact that men typically say they want a wild woman but in all reality, they want a nice woman they can bring home to family, they want a woman that will make babies, be a good Mom, etc..

I think women THINK they want a nice guy (not all women, but some) but then when they have one they don't accept it and cherish it. Some women get the nicest guys but then they end up looking for something a lil more exciting anyway.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:40 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Yes, they do, no matter what some of the "poor Men" crowd might think or shrew or attempt to justify.

Nice Girls often fall into precisely the same roles and problems so-called Nice Guys do: They end up as confidante but not girlfriend; they become the sounding board for girl problems, much like the shoulder to cry on.

They spend time longing from afar, lacking confidence to simply step up (based on just as much bad experience as the Nice Guys), and they'd rather remain in that friend-role and hurt-yet-hope than to lose out entirely.

They often spend their time pursuing Mr. Handsome-yet-Unattainable, wondering why he can't see them for how great they are, how nicely they treat him, how wonderfully they'd treat him if only he'd choose them over Ms-Boobs-a-lot and her perkier-than-perkies.

They pass up Nice Guys but they don't consider it "passing up" anything, because the Nice Guys claim to be nice but are really just shallow jerks... UN-like them, you see, because they deserve Mr. Handsome, and they're waiting in the wings for him, faithful wallflowers 'til the bitter end.

Yes, Nice Girls also finish last, and to anyone with eyes, the title Nice Girl is just as detrimental as Nice Guy has come to be.

The ONLY advantage Nice Girls have (IF one can call it an advantage at all) is that they CAN get laid easier than Nice Guys, because all they have to do is briefly lower their standards OR hang out until closing time, and SOME guy will have sex with them, from the Handsome-and-drunk User who's looking to bust one in anything that will move, whom they despise yet pray he actually calls back, all the way to Mr. Clingy and Desperate, whom they despise the next day only marginally more than they despise themselves, although that margin grows wider with each passing day AFTER that.

And for the record: Being nice doesn't make one a Nice Guy OR Nice Girl.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:42 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
I'll go with "no" .. niceness is valued in women and taught to them at a young age. I think nice girls generally do better than b****y ones.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:46 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
They do if they join the crowd and let hypergamy rule their single life.

Deadbeats and users are particularly eager to latch onto such a woman, because they work extra hard to overcome his short comings.

If this post was an effort to equate the two, it is basically going to fail.

Women have the tools at their disposal to attract men. However, as many posts on here attest, ailing down a good one, is usually far more difficult.

Most average men, decent or otherwise, are essentially helpless, given the propensity for most women to aim high. They then have the option of either taking on problems that the players carefully avoid or remaining happily single.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
I don't know... Judging by my own experience, I didn't finish very well. On the other hand, nobody's yet to describe me as being "nice"... Pretty confusing, isn't it...?! I guess I have a bitc*hy facade and a damn "nice" core! Not a good combination!

Old 11-15-2010, 10:54 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
They end up as confidante but not girlfriend; they become the sounding board for girl problems, much like the shoulder to cry on.

They spend time longing from afar, lacking confidence to simply step up (based on just as much bad experience as the Nice Guys), and they'd rather remain in that friend-role and hurt-yet-hope than to lose out entirely.

They often spend their time pursuing Mr. Handsome-yet-Unattainable, wondering why he can't see them for how great they are, how nicely they treat him, how wonderfully they'd treat him if only he'd choose them over Ms-Boobs-a-lot and her perkier-than-perkies.
*breathes a sigh of relief*

Thank you! Nah, I'm not that "nice"! Might be a bit guilty of the only part not in bold.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:13 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,316,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Yes, they do, no matter what some of the "poor Men" crowd might think or shrew or attempt to justify.

Nice Girls often fall into precisely the same roles and problems so-called Nice Guys do: They end up as confidante but not girlfriend; they become the sounding board for girl problems, much like the shoulder to cry on.

They pass up Nice Guys but they don't consider it "passing up" anything, because the Nice Guys claim to be nice but are really just shallow jerks... UN-like them, you see, because they deserve Mr. Handsome, and they're waiting in the wings for him, faithful wallflowers 'til the bitter end.

Yes, Nice Girls also finish last, and to anyone with eyes, the title Nice Girl is just as detrimental as Nice Guy has come to be.

The ONLY advantage Nice Girls have (IF one can call it an advantage at all) is that they CAN get laid easier than Nice Guys, because all they have to do is briefly lower their standards OR hang out until closing time, and SOME guy will have sex with them, from the Handsome-and-drunk User who's looking to bust one in anything that will move, whom they despise yet pray he actually calls back, all the way to Mr. Clingy and Desperate, whom they despise the next day only marginally more than they despise themselves, although that margin grows wider with each passing day AFTER that.

And for the record: Being nice doesn't make one a Nice Guy OR Nice Girl.
Great post....You've certaintly been observant.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:24 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Do you think that "nice women finish last?"
nice women don't finish last, but ugly ones do.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
nice women don't finish last, but ugly ones do.
Yes, and ugly b****y ones finish last, last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships