Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 06:57 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Non lesbians don't know anything about lesbian relationships, and their choice of partners. That's what this thread is about. It's not about 'curious straights'. I'm just trying to keep the thread on topic, but I guess you just can't handle that.
I'm sorry...this isn't like a club. Normal lesbian relationships are like any other relationship. There's no big secret or special way they are initiated or conducted. Two people meet, they get along, there's physical attraction/chemistry, they hook up, etc, etc, etc.

Your constantly trying to make lesbian attraction and relationships something 'defined' or 'different' truly offends me and your overall attitude is why we will continue to have issues with the general public.

The fact is that we're not different, we're not married to kooky stereotypes (maybe your generation was, if you're truly 50), we don't 'role play' as you might suggest, and we don't define ourselves by our sexuality.

I certainly find your attempting to exclude other people (regardless of their gender or sexuality) from this thread to be both suspicious and less than gracious.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:31 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm sorry...this isn't like a club. Normal lesbian relationships are like any other relationship. There's no big secret or special way they are initiated or conducted. Two people meet, they get along, there's physical attraction/chemistry, they hook up, etc, etc, etc.

Your constantly trying to make lesbian attraction and relationships something 'defined' or 'different' truly offends me and your overall attitude is why we will continue to have issues with the general public.

The fact is that we're not different, we're not married to kooky stereotypes (maybe your generation was, if you're truly 50), we don't 'role play' as you might suggest, and we don't define ourselves by our sexuality.

I certainly find your attempting to exclude other people (regardless of their gender or sexuality) from this thread to be both suspicious and less than gracious.
Stop with the melodrama! As I mentioned, I didn't create the 'labels', that many lesbians choose to identify themselves by. If you don't do what many lesbians do, then that's you. I'm talking about the community as a whole.

I'm not 'trying' to make lesbian relationships anything. I'm just wanting to hear from other lesbians, about their relationship preferences. And as I also said, many lesbians have no issues, with defining themselves as butches, femmes, ect. And I'm not going to tell them that it's wrong for them to do so, just because you disagree.

As for your beef with me 'excluding' anyone, go back and read the title of the thread. It says: As a Lesbian, do you refer Butch, Femme, or Androgynous partners. That means that this thread is addressed to lesbians; not straights, bi's or men. This thread is not meant to be a free-for-all, to anyone. As I mentioned, I want to keep this thread on topic. It's apparent that you can't handle that, so your option is to quit bashing the thread, and move on. Continuing to come on this thread and bash me, won't accomplish anything.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:10 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times
unfortunatly art however you posted this on a PUBLIC forum and while you can attempt to keep the thread on a general track, other people of any sex or sexuality are bound to wander in and offer their opinions...
if you want this thread to be strictly lesbians and noones else is allowed to have a thought on the topic mabe you need to join a forum thats strictly lesbians?
you cannot kick someone out of the thread simply because they dont fit your target demographic.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:29 AM

116 posts, read 179,929 times
I've met attractive lesbians of all three types. The butch ones who still managed to look good typically had very feminine features that offset the sloppy appearance and demeanor.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
unfortunatly art however you posted this on a PUBLIC forum and while you can attempt to keep the thread on a general track, other people of any sex or sexuality are bound to wander in and offer their opinions...
if you want this thread to be strictly lesbians and noones else is allowed to have a thought on the topic mabe you need to join a forum thats strictly lesbians?
you cannot kick someone out of the thread simply because they dont fit your target demographic.
I can discourage them, based on the fact that this is my thread, that I started. It may be a public forum, but that doesn't mean that those
who aren't lesbians, should turn this thread into a free for all.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Stop with the melodrama! As I mentioned, I didn't create the 'labels', that many lesbians choose to identify themselves by. If you don't do what many lesbians do, then that's you. I'm talking about the community as a whole.

And as I also said, many lesbians have no issues, with defining themselves as butches, femmes, ect. And I'm not going to tell them that it's wrong for them to do so, just because you disagree.

Just trying to say all that butch/femme stuff is totally old school...please do not presume to speak for the whole 'community.'

What's with that word, anyway? Definition of a community:

1. a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.
2. a locality inhabited by such a group.
3. a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists (usually prec. by the ): the business community; the community of scholars.

How does preferring to sleep with women put me (or anyone else) into a community, the entirety of which you presume to speak for?

Old 11-19-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Just trying to say all that butch/femme stuff is totally old school...please do not presume to speak for the whole 'community.'

What's with that word, anyway? Definition of a community:

1. a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.
2. a locality inhabited by such a group.
3. a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists (usually prec. by the ): the business community; the community of scholars.

How does preferring to sleep with women put me (or anyone else) into a community, the entirety of which you presume to speak for?
I'm not speaking for the whole community. I'm just speaking from what I've seen and heard, from other lesbians in the community. Maybe all of them don't identify as butch, femme, or whatever. But many do. And it has nothing to do with being 'old school', since these lesbian identities, still exist today. You may not like the fact that they do, but they do.

If you don't want to identify as being a part of ANY community, then that's your choice. But you have no right to tell other lesbians, how they should identify. Just like you have no right, to tell someone that they should believe in a god, just because you might. Or to eat brown bread, just because you do. You get my drift?

You've been all over this thread, since I first posted it. If you've got a point to make, then you've made it by now. Doesn't mean that I, or anyone else, has to agree with you. I also hope that by now, you've realized that I don't plan to agree with you, just because you keep belaboring your point. So there's no point, in you coming back here!

Old 11-19-2010, 01:10 PM

My point, as confusingly put, is as such:

There is no community.
There is no consensus amongst lesbians.
There are no pervasive archetypal roles or assigned appearances.
I don't appreciate your representing lesbians as such just because you know a few who don't have anything better to do with their time and lives than live up to stupid stereotypes.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:39 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,007 times
So, I am not a lesbian but have played with women sporadically. To this day I still think about two specific women that totally floored me and I just wasn't in a position to act upon the feeling. One was a totally butch type that I met in a store 14 years ago and just knew we should get together. The other was a very femme type that kinda resembled myself and that prompted the first wet dream I ever had. So, I don't have types (or obviously genders) But I do recognize ENERGY and I remain open to that.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
My point, as confusingly put, is as such:

There is no community.
There is no consensus amongst lesbians.
There are no pervasive archetypal roles or assigned appearances.
I don't appreciate your representing lesbians as such just because you know a few who don't have anything better to do with their time and lives than live up to stupid stereotypes.
More lesbians then you think, assign themselves roles and identities. Don't hold me personally reponsible for that! At this point, I don't care what you do, or don't appreciate. If you want to nit-pic about what other lesbians do or don't do, and then judge them according to your own personal standards, then that's your peronal kettle-of-fish. I couldn't care less.

And I'm sure that many lesbians that you pass judgement on, couldn't care less either. They're going to live their lives, according to their own value-system. Not mine, or yours. And they have the right to that. So whether you like it or not, lesbians will choose to do what they will, despite your disapproval!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships