Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 01:43 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
How come its wrong to cover the ENTIRE issue including the ramifications which are scientific proven facts ? Sexual Hedonism and STD's go hand in hand ... thats why it IS and will remain a national epidemic . Abstinence isnt affected by this epidemic and theres nothing wrong with offering it up as a viable alternative ; that isnt 'shoving religion' .. its just common sense . If i have the same answer for many threads, then its because the answer is very pertinent . If youd rather not consider the ENTIRE issue that is on the table, then you may want to pass on reading my responses because desiring the truth on matters is a noble thing.
We get it, but do you have to post STD statistics and/or religious references in all of your posts. This chicken little "sky is falling" syndrome you possess is tedious and borderline arrogant. You're coming off preachy. In case you weren't aware, and obvously you aren't, most of us don't want to hear it, and despite what you may think, you are not doing "God's work" by harassing everyone with this nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 07:50 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
We get it, but do you have to post STD statistics and/or religious references in all of your posts. This chicken little "sky is falling" syndrome you possess is tedious and borderline arrogant. You're coming off preachy. In case you weren't aware, and obvously you aren't, most of us don't want to hear it, and despite what you may think, you are not doing "God's work" by harassing everyone with this nonsense.
Why wouldnt you be interested in hearing about the personal risks associated with this chosen lifestyle when it involves even premature death ? Seems like youd be grateful to know. Why does fun trump truth ?

Old 12-01-2010, 08:41 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Why wouldnt you be interested in hearing about the personal risks associated with this chosen lifestyle when it involves even premature death ? Seems like youd be grateful to know. Why does fun trump truth ?

Most people know there are risks involved with most things we do. For instance, how many people are killed in car wrecks everyday? In spite of the fact that many people are killed daily, we continue to jump in our cars without thinking of the risks. No one appointed you the guardian of all. You should worry about yourself and the risks you are willing to take, and let everyone else worry about themselves.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:55 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:

Oh, forgive us for not kissing your feet in appreciation. Newsflash: WE ALREADY KNOW!

Now please - oh-my-god-will-you-PLEASE! - stop with the condescending posts. You're only getting yourself put on "ignore" on many people's lists. And you're going back on mine. HUZZAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Most people know there are risks involved with most things we do. For instance, how many people are killed in car wrecks everyday? In spite of the fact that many people are killed daily, we continue to jump in our cars without thinking of the risks. No one appointed you the guardian of all. You should worry about yourself and the risks you are willing to take, and let everyone else worry about themselves.
^^^ What she said.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:46 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I got your turnips right here!!!

At least you stayed on the truck!

Old 12-02-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Cars are a necessary thing to nearly all of us ; sexual hedonism with its inherent deadly risks or at least permanent STD's ... is a choice. A very risky endeavor. Please dont ask me to be apathetic toward the ills in society -- arent we supposed to be our Brothers Keeper , or, has that been replaced by tolerance in apathy (?)

Old 12-02-2010, 12:26 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepoRsheep View Post
I have a clingy sweater. I just threw it in the trash. Thanks for saving my life.

Lol ...that was funny...

Old 12-02-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Oh, forgive us for not kissing your feet in appreciation. Newsflash: WE ALREADY KNOW!

Now please - oh-my-god-will-you-PLEASE! - stop with the condescending posts. You're only getting yourself put on "ignore" on many people's lists. And you're going back on mine. HUZZAH!

I regret you feel im 'condescending' ; in these types of Forums we all have the liberty to express our subjective opinions, objective facts , and thoroughly examining all sides of an issue . Isnt that what freedom of speech is all about afterall ? Im glad you already know about the high risks of the dangerous game of sexual hedonism whether you are a one timer or a multiple player . What does 'huzzah' mean ? Sounds like Hebrew .

Old 12-06-2010, 06:23 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:
What does 'huzzah' mean ? Sounds like Hebrew .
If you believed that, you could have looked it up.

It is believed the entymology of huzzah is archaic English. It is a variant of Hurrah. Yet again, your narrow-mindedness is showing.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
I regret you feel im 'condescending' ; in these types of Forums we all have the liberty to express our subjective opinions, objective facts , and thoroughly examining all sides of an issue . Isnt that what freedom of speech is all about afterall ? Im glad you already know about the high risks of the dangerous game of sexual hedonism whether you are a one timer or a multiple player . What does 'huzzah' mean ? Sounds like Hebrew .

And you made your opinion well known, and obviously no one cares so move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships