Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 07:03 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times

Advertisements

how many people relate storys about themselves "in third person"...Quite a few...call me simple!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Well colour me red .
don't be red paganmama80, keep in mind we all answered his question honestly, also remember, anyone can be anyone on the internet.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:32 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
What follows is true...

He's 35, she's 30. Chemistry, powerful. You're walking around, minding your own business, and BAM! Wow, yikes! She looks at you, she feels the same - happens maybe three times in a life. She's knows, you know.

First month: you have sex every night for two weeks. You can't believe that you are back in the saddle again, but you are. You think that it won't last, it never does. But, that rush of sheer joy. Man, she feels good, man, she smells good. You play with her hair for an hour after she falls to sleep.

Third month: in love.

Sixth month: she made room in her closet for some of your clothes, you leave your bike in her garage, everyone knows that you are a couple. Last night she gave you a key since you're over so much. You said, "I love you" after she said it - you didn't want to, but...

Ninth month: you lied to her about something, she showed real anger. Previously, she'd get upset with you about certain things. You made up, and forgot about it... she doesn't.

One year: you go on that $2,000 trip to San Fran to note that it's been a year since that first day. You have sex twice a week now, she needs that Big O; you still have your place, which she doesn't really like.

Fifteen months: she asks you to move in. You think... and think... OK.

Eighteen months: thoughts of marriage; you know it's coming - she's been hinting, your mother asks about it, friends tease. No way. You can't, you're FINALLY going to get that promotion (50 hour weeks, golf with the boss, you'd better) - you're going to have to transfer to the West Coast.

Now what?
18 months? Hmmm. Did you get the extended warranty? If so, you may be able to upgrade to wife 1.0 or girlfriend 4.0. Oh, if it was a gift, you might be eligible for an exchange with girlfriend 1.0 and start all over.

If you didn't get the extended warranty, you're screwed.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:19 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Danbo, this person isn't you? Ok, you're not as much of a narcissistic prick as you come off as ... cool. You might want to reconsider your comment that those of us who misread your post are simple though. Virtually all of us did. That indicates (to me at least) the problem lies with how you wrote the original post, not us.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Some of you are simply simple, the story is in third person because it's about someone else. I'm a 53 year-old divorced doctor; look at my posting history.

Anyway, he proposed to her last night, she accepted. If he gets the promotion they will both move to the West Coast. I started this thread to show that even during the best of relationships there are doubts and fears to overcome to get where you want to go...
You didn't really need to start a thread to show that there are doubts and fears to overcome, thats pretty obvious to anyone who goes on a relationship forum,....unless you're simple......oh, and I wouldn't use this example as "the best of relationships" by any means.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Go for the job, move on. You don't need to get married now, women are every where, and it does not sound like you really want to be married. It is easy to get into a relationship, and hard to get out of one. I think that you are ready to move on with your life. Enjoy California...there are lots of nice women there, you will find one that may even be better than the one you have now.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:11 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
Is this about your son or daughter, by chance? I'm just curious. If so, how do you feel about their engagement?

Old 11-26-2010, 03:22 AM

2,089 posts, read 3,907,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Is this about your son or daughter, by chance? I'm just curious. If so, how do you feel about their engagement?
A friend, he works in our office - and I'm glad for both of them. He'd had girlfriends before, but this woman he got stuck on. It was interesting to watch their interactions from the time they met until he proposed. The man is totally devoted to his work, and he had to learn how to become devoted to her. The whole eighteen months of it was like watching the best of human nature unfold in a couple.

Since I'm a doctor, I think he felt that he could confide in me and talk freely about it all without worry that I would gossip to others.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:12 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
I wish them the best in this new chapter of their lives.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:24 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
If you aren't absolutely sure you want to marry her, then you don't want to marry her. Easy peasy japanesey (of which they have good food on the west coast).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships